Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 10/30/2021 at 8:03 AM, snorklinbarb said:

I booked 11/7/21 Breakaway on 10/26.  Two days later got the "Let's Get You Upgraded Banner" in myncl.  (no email).  Upgrade bid accepted on 10/29, first one I've ever had accepted!

So it can happen apparently even shortly before sailing!  With Covid and reduced capacity perhaps that played into it.

Good luck! Did you by chance book with a TA who doesn't participate in the program?   Alerted my TA of the winning bid and they sent a new invoice with an extra small amount OBC.  Very happy with new cabin!

What was ur bid?  I bid on same sailing-no luck!

• Like 1

I still haven’t heard if anyone has used FCC to upgrade yet, there was a box when bidding that said I want to use FCC for my bid. I clocked it as I have a ton! Hoping it works so I won’t be out of pocket but I’m prepared to be out of pocket as well.

Does that ton of FCC expire?? Ours all expires Dec. 31/2021.. 

We were upgraded today.  NCL Getaway sailing 11/14.  From a club balcony suite to The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG).  I bid the absolute minimum.  The was a lot of availability in the Haven so I tried the minimum and it worked!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mantadiver said:

We were upgraded today.  NCL Getaway sailing 11/14.  From a club balcony suite to The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG).  I bid the absolute minimum.  The was a lot of availability in the Haven so I tried the minimum and it worked!

Did you recently put your bid in or change it? Or has it been sitting there?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mantadiver said:

Congrats.

On 11/2/2021 at 10:08 AM, misstamster said:

I still haven’t heard if anyone has used FCC to upgrade yet, there was a box when bidding that said I want to use FCC for my bid. I clocked it as I have a ton! Hoping it works so I won’t be out of pocket but I’m prepared to be out of pocket as well.

Does that ton of FCC expire?? Ours all expires Dec. 31/2021.. 

same situation. Haven’t heard anyone but I clicked the box. I’m on Nov 21 encore. Bid on all haven categories except 2 room and owners. 

My fcc says I need to book by 12/31 so I plan to book after this cruise if a bid is not accepted. 

10 hours ago, mantadiver said:

Congrats! This is encouraging. We're on the transatlantic Getaway 12/5 and anxious to see if any of our bids win. We bid "low to mid good" on most categories. Crossing fingers!

10 hours ago, mantadiver said:

How much availability ? 
I’m seeing about 40 total Haven rooms available on mine in the joy 11/27

7 hours ago, Pieson said:

How much availability ? 
I’m seeing about 40 total Haven rooms available on mine in the joy 11/27

I don't know the exact number of Haven rooms available before my bid was accepted, but at least 30.  I would say with 40 rooms available you have a good chance of an upgrade.

I think ive asked this before but cant find it anywhere.  If you put an upgrade bid in, and are successful, do you get a chance to cancel it?  

The reason i ask is that we are travelling with another couple and we are both happy to put the bid in, but dont want to be separated if 1 wins and the other doesnt.

10 minutes ago, Twinbooty said:

I think ive asked this before but cant find it anywhere.  If you put an upgrade bid in, and are successful, do you get a chance to cancel it?  

The reason i ask is that we are travelling with another couple and we are both happy to put the bid in, but dont want to be separated if 1 wins and the other doesnt.

No once accepted you can not cancel

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mantadiver said:

Congrats, mantadiver!  Did you bid the minimum on all the Haven cabin categories, or just the one you won?  We are on the 12/4 Joy and it seems like the Haven is practically wide open (60-ish cabins available) - we've bid very aggressively on every category with the hopes of snagging something with two rooms (travelling with our 15yr old) but at the bare minimum we're hoping for anything in the Haven, which we've never experienced.

4 hours ago, a1betpr said:

Congrats, mantadiver!  Did you bid the minimum on all the Haven cabin categories, or just the one you won?  We are on the 12/4 Joy and it seems like the Haven is practically wide open (60-ish cabins available) - we've bid very aggressively on every category with the hopes of snagging something with two rooms (travelling with our 15yr old) but at the bare minimum we're hoping for anything in the Haven, which we've never experienced.

I bid the minimum on four categories in the Haven and I was upgraded to the best Haven suite that I bid on.  It was the best case scenario for us.  I wish you luck!

• Like 2

I was upgraded a few days ago.  Went from a Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse with Balcony (HG) to a Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Large Balcony (H5).  I bid the minimum.  The H5 cabin was pricing about $2k more than the HG so I received a great cabin at a great discount. This will be our first time in a Haven!

I am going on the NCL Joy in a few weeks (Nov 2021) and my upgrade bid just got accepted.  I am going from a normal balcony stateroom (not sailaway) to a Haven Family Suite with balcony.  I booked this cruise about 45 days before it leaves and I got the email for upgrade bidding about 10 days or so after that.  I put in 4 different bids for haven only rooms...all poor on the bidding scale...and that one just got accepted today.  The trip is in 16 days i think...just so you get an idea of the timeline of events for this.  My bid was probably $10 above the minimum required bid.  I also had received an email about a week ago saying some of the other rooms were on "sale"...so when i went into the bidding section online there were two rooms where the minimum bid was really really low for an upgrade.  But, i didnt bid on those because the whole point for me was that I wanted the haven amenities.  This exact room costs almost exactly 10K for this 7 day cruise (just looked on the website 5 minutes ago).  I got it for less than 4K which includes the open bar, excursion credits, and 2 specialty dining nights.  What a deal!!! 

Edited by italianstalion
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, italianstalion said:

I am going on the NCL Joy in a few weeks (Nov 2021) and my upgrade bid just got accepted.  I am going from a normal balcony stateroom (not sailaway) to a Haven Family Suite with balcony.  I booked this cruise about 45 days before it leaves and I got the email for upgrade bidding about 10 days or so after that.  I put in 4 different bids for haven only rooms...all poor on the bidding scale...and that one just got accepted today.  The trip is in 16 days i think...just so you get an idea of the timeline of events for this.  My bid was probably $10 above the minimum required bid.  I also had received an email about a week ago saying some of the other rooms were on "sale"...so when i went into the bidding section online there were two rooms where the minimum bid was really really low for an upgrade.  But, i didnt bid on those because the whole point for me was that I wanted the haven amenities.  This exact room costs almost exactly 10K for this 7 day cruise (just looked on the website 5 minutes ago).  I got it for less than 4K which includes the open bar, excursion credits, and 2 specialty dining nights.  What a deal!!! 

I’m on the Joy leaving November 27

have bids on all available Haven rooms. 
which ones and how many did you put bids on? You put 5 over min on all of em?

getting anxious !  

9 hours ago, Pieson said:

I’m on the Joy leaving November 27

have bids on all available Haven rooms. 
which ones and how many did you put bids on? You put 5 over min on all of em?

getting anxious !  

I'm with you, Pieson...we are on the Joy sailing right after yours in a mini-suite or whatever they are calling the enhanced balcony rooms these days.  We'd like to to try the Haven but could never justify the cost difference (min of $4,500 additional for the lowest Haven on this cruise) and have never won a bid.  Similar to "italianstallion" we booked our cruise about 40 days before sailing (i.e., last week) but we got the upgrade bid invitation the day after we paid.  

With the ship appearing to be practically empty we figure this is our chance and have bid on every Haven category with bids that, from everything I am reading here, seem to be too high (mostly in the "Good" range but a couple "Fair" and a couple "Excellent").  Frankly I have bid what I am willing to pay rather than trying to determine what might be a low winning bid, so I may end up paying more than I need to but will still be paying way less than booking the Haven outright, assuming one of our bids is accepted. When it's all over I'll post a rundown of the bid ranges we were offered, what we bid, and what the results were.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pieson - Yes i bid probably 10$ over each minimum bid on 4 of the haven suites....the 4 lower priced ones since it is just me and my wife i dont need the owners suite lol...although that would be nice.  But, to be honest i was going to go back online about a week before the cruise and put the bids up even more if i didnt get an upgrade yet.  I really want to experience the Haven

• Thanks 1