Rccl now requires a covid19 test within 2 days of sailing!

DJChick

I don't see the issue with buying the 6 pack.  If you don't need them, offer them to sell to other cruisers.

Or, if getting to the port early, contact those on your roll call to share a 6 pack of tests.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, SRF said:

I don't see the issue with buying the 6 pack.  If you don't need them, offer them to sell to other cruisers.

Or, if getting to the port early, contact those on your roll call to share a 6 pack of tests.

A friend just ordered hers and the notice that came with it says that the expiration date has been extended to 12 months.   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, SRF said:

out of 6 tests, they can only ever be associated with up to 3 people.. so selling them, is not an option. Not to mention I dont want to be lugging around 4 extra kits to hope someone buys them, all while staying temp controlled.. No thanks. 

1 minute ago, cruising in mn said:

out of 6 tests, they can only ever be associated with up to 3 people.. so selling them, is not an option. Not to mention I dont want to be lugging around 4 extra kits to hope someone buys them, all while staying temp controlled.. No thanks. 

Haven't you been reading the posts??????

You are NOT limited to 3 people. People have BEEN USING them for 4, 5, or 6 people.

You don't even need to put more than one person when you order.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, SRF said:

You are NOT limited to 3 people. People have BEEN USING them for 4, 5, or 6 people.

I have been reading the posts, of course. No need to be so snippy.

I've also read that 4, 5, 6 people are having issues with that, so I dont want to be the one that sells a test to someone that has a hard time using it. I would feel awful about that. So Im not going to do that. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lou33 said:

If your purchased the two pack from Optum, and they were in stock, I'm very confident that you will get it by Wednesday.  They know that these tests are time critical.  We ordered from Optum and it took a few days for them to ship.  But it was shipped FedEx Overnight.

If you don't receive the order by Saturday, you can always use the Cruise with Confidence policy and cancel for a FCC.  

Someone upthread told me you could get a money refund and didn’t have to get an FCC because of the new 2 day change. No? 

31 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

Someone upthread told me you could get a money refund and didn’t have to get an FCC because of the new 2 day change. No? 

I called for a refund and it’s being processed. At first the representative said FCC however I restated a refund due to the new protocols. About thirty days for processing.

Edited by Tee & Chilli
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2021 at 10:09 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

The at home proctored tests offer testing from your home 24 hours a day, with a certified result in 15 minutes. 

“I didn’t get my test results” or “I couldn’t get an appointment for a test” are no longer viable excuses. 

they are if you are cruising with kids under 12.

• Like 1

Well, we just cancelled our second 2 pack from Optum as we're going out of town later this week and we hadn't received a shipping notice.  When DH called, they said it was still in process so we'll order when we get back from our beach trip.

19 hours ago, SRF said:

Somebody on FB posted that you could only use the tests for the people they are ordered for.  Someone else posted not true.  The poster said they had called and were told you had to order for each person which we have read is not true.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BND said:

Somebody on FB posted that you could only use the tests for the people they are ordered for.  Someone else posted not true.  The poster said they had called and were told you had to order for each person which we have read is not true.

Again these are customer service reps call multiple times you will get different answers.   Doesn't really matter what the reps say when experience proves different.

14 minutes ago, BND said:

I ordered a 6 pack from E-Med last month to be used as "return to USA" tests for flying back from Cabo.

5 people used the tests, the 3 I put on the order plus 2 more; no problems.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, BND said:

I dont think they care as long as each tester has their own Navica app account.   My proctor this morning told me anyone can use the test as long as they have their own Navica login account  

• Like 3

Just now, ryano said:

I dont think they care as long as each tester has their own Navica app account.   My proctor this morning told me anyone can use the test as long as they have their own Navica login account  

That's my understanding too.  Point is, there is so much incorrect information out there and even when someone posts the correct info, another person has to say "but I called..." and state something different than others have said.  

• Like 1

I ordered from Optum two days ago, shipped today, scheduled to arrive from CA tomorrow. 

They want to give you an FCC for a cancelled cruise, but if you insist that you're canceling because of protocols, they should give you a refund.  I mentioned to my TA that other TAs on cruisecritic had secured refunds and that Carnival issued me refunds for disagreeing with changed protocols, and I would have threatened to go with a different TA going forward if necessary. My refund arrived in my bank account in under 10 days, a nice surprise, and that gave me money to rebook the same cruise two weeks later, since now that I'm comfortable with the proctored home test option and RC's distancing and low passenger capacity, I'm willing to cruise with them and reward them for being willing to refund my cruise. I realized I'll also never have the chance to go on a ship like Ovation at 30% or so capacity--now I just need to hope there's at least a few other people for bumper cars. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, rj59 said:

I ordered from Optum two days ago, shipped today, scheduled to arrive from CA tomorrow. 

They want to give you an FCC for a cancelled cruise, but if you insist that you're canceling because of protocols, they should give you a refund.  I mentioned to my TA that other TAs on cruisecritic had secured refunds and that Carnival issued me refunds for disagreeing with changed protocols, and I would have threatened to go with a different TA going forward if necessary. My refund arrived in my bank account in under 10 days, a nice surprise, and that gave me money to rebook the same cruise two weeks later, since now that I'm comfortable with the proctored home test option and RC's distancing and low passenger capacity, I'm willing to cruise with them and reward them for being willing to refund my cruise. I realized I'll also never have the chance to go on a ship like Ovation at 30% or so capacity--now I just need to hope there's at least a few other people for bumper cars. 

🤣

Solo bumper cars would be "car"

Just FYI. I purchased on Friday , and still have yet to have it shipped. I have called now 4 times. Today finally someone looked into it and said they are having issues with the warehouse.. cannot gaurantee it will ship even this week!!!

So anyone else that ordered since Friday and got notice it shipped you are dang lucky.. 

I then went to eMED to order the 6 pack, and they need 24 hours to "review" it, then will ship overnight.. 

No idea if I can get it by Friday... 

Im so over this whole thing I cant even tell you.. 

Order placed

Sep 03, 2021

Order #

Total

$74.97

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ryano said:

Does each tester *have to have a Navica app? 

We ordered the 6pk test from emed on Saturday.  The order was accepted shortly after the order.  Today we were notified that it was shipped Fedex and would arrive tomorrow.  We (3) plan to each use a test on Sept 24th for our Sept 26th Oasis departure. 🤞  We will use the other 3 tests for our November Symphony B2B cruise.

1 hour ago, PigsCanFly said:

We ordered the 6pk test from emed on Saturday.  The order was accepted shortly after the order.  Today we were notified that it was shipped Fedex and would arrive tomorrow.  We (3) plan to each use a test on Sept 24th for our Sept 26th Oasis departure. 🤞  We will use the other 3 tests for our November Symphony B2B cruise.

Same here - we ordered Saturday night and were notified tonight (Tuesday) that it has been shipped and will be here tomorrow.   I'm thinking the holiday weekend held them up.

The Navica app - which specific one is it?  

10 minutes ago, flamingos said:

Same here - we ordered Saturday night and were notified tonight (Tuesday) that it has been shipped and will be here tomorrow.   I'm thinking the holiday weekend held them up.

The Navica app - which specific one is it?  

This one.1072591823_Screenshot_20210907-225024_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.b9080f6ea6ce237c8d68b3d385a95c0e.jpg

• Like 1