Now we are really screwed...

Shippy

12 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Shippy, I think I saw you mention sailing 9/26.  If that is the case, ignore my post about Isiah.  He is on Mera, not Divinia according to a post.

we are on 9/25 Meraviglia....hopefully...if all the stars are aligned !

Telehealth self-tests taken at home will be accepted for fully vaccinated guests provided the following requirements are met:

• The test must have Emergency Use Authorization from the U.S. FDA.
  • The self-test process must happen under live supervision on a video call with a telehealth representative.
  • The telehealth provider must issue a result document that includes all the necessary information.
  • An example of one test that meets these parameters is the supervised Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test available through the Abbott Navica app or eMed.com. Note that this test kit must be shipped to the home in most cases and may take up to 5 business days to arrive (in the U.S.) after the order is placed.

On 9/3/2021 at 7:00 PM, SeaBrz said:

Go to CVS.com’s COVID section and find the test scheduling page. Use Port Miami (or your hotel) as location. I know a lot of the state was low on test supplies, but many areas were restocked over the past week. My Cocoa Beach CVS has plenty now. Walgreens.com may have the same.

Only issue: CVS and Walgreens are drive through only tests. For us flying into Miami we are not renting a car. Having a car un Miami Beach as a tourist is an albatross around one's neck. Like getting choked by the life vest at Muster Drill.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zippyjet said:

Only issue: CVS and Walgreens are drive through only tests. For us flying into Miami we are not renting a car.

How far in advance are you flying into Miami?  If it is within the test period, have it done upon your arrival at the airport.  See the airport covid testing website:  https://news.miami-airport.com/covid-19-testing-available-daily-at-mia-starting-may-21/

• Like 3

On 9/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, Shippy said:

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE COST AT THIS POINT !

JUST NEED A RAPID TEST !

Unfortunately, we leave the San Francisco airport before the airport clinic opens or i could get a test there.

Do not get to Miami until after 6pm.... layover in Phoenix...not long enough to find a test & then the time change so Thursday is out.

That only leaves Friday....

having a breakdown.......       :O(

Now everything in Miami is closed, most for the weekend so cannot even do more research... very frustrating...

I think the testing center at the Miami airport is open 24 hours. Located in baggage claim area. $79 for a rapid antigen.

We were also planning on testing at home the day before our flight. Right now testing at MIA seems to be our best option. Hopefully MSC will accept tests from an airport test center.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2021 at 11:40 AM, Shippy said:

we are on 9/25 Meraviglia....hopefully...if all the stars are aligned !

Hope all goes well for you.  We are 9/18.  Started packing yesterday.

Have fingers and toes crossed.

If all goes well, we'll let you know where Isiah is at.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jules815 said:

I think the testing center at the Miami airport is open 24 hours. Located in baggage claim area. $79 for a rapid antigen.

We were also planning on testing at home the day before our flight. Right now testing at MIA seems to be our best option. Hopefully MSC will accept tests from an airport test center.

I  think that MSC would accept the rapid antigen test done by labs at MIA. They are accredited . 

these tests are required for international air travel.

Most airports now have Covid testing labs on site because so many travelers need to have negative test results to fly.

This was our back up plan for Hawaii, if PCR results did not come back in time. 

6 hours ago, phissy said:

I  think that MSC would accept the rapid antigen test done by labs at MIA. They are accredited . 

these tests are required for international air travel.

Most airports now have Covid testing labs on site because so many travelers need to have negative test results to fly.

This was our back up plan for Hawaii, if PCR results did not come back in time. 

Just do the home test. They will accept them.  I posted what MSC said above and which test they accept.

Does anyone know if this means 2 days or 48 hours before departure?  If my ship leaves at 4 p.m. on Saturday, can I get the test at noon on Thursday? Or does it have to happen after 4 p.m.?  I would hate to get tripped up by this.'

Thank you.

7 hours ago, shiloh25 said:

Does anyone know if this means 2 days or 48 hours before departure?  If my ship leaves at 4 p.m. on Saturday, can I get the test at noon on Thursday? Or does it have to happen after 4 p.m.?  I would hate to get tripped up by this.'

Thank you.

Two days.  

On 9/3/2021 at 7:00 PM, SeaBrz said:

Go to CVS.com’s COVID section and find the test scheduling page. Use Port Miami (or your hotel) as location. I know a lot of the state was low on test supplies, but many areas were restocked over the past week. My Cocoa Beach CVS has plenty now. Walgreens.com may have the same.

Yes I am going to use CVS for this and get rapid antigen test (acceptable to MSC)
They allow booking of up to 2 weeks in advance.
This will allow me to schedule a test a day before my flight to Miami.
These spots do fill up fast but I see enough options at this time 2 weeks out.
My target is Thursday evening Sep 23, fly Friday afternoon Sep 24.

The tests are FREE.
Thanks everyone for airport testing links, that will be my back up plan.

BTW: I doubt MSC changed pier testing for the cost

. It was the embarkation time it was taking that killed the plan 🙂

Edited by roberttz
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 7:00 PM, Lisichka said:

My airport charges $250 per test.  😡

It is a sad state of affairs that you have to incur this cost just to get on a ship?  I have a 7 day in April where the cost of the cruise is only $500!  I hope it changes by then.

9 hours ago, Lisichka said:

RCCL (and Carnival soon) just implemented a cruise sponsored 2 day test that people can order from the cruise line and take at home. $69.  It says other cruise lines are looking into the same thing.  Hopefully MSC will follow.

No. The only thing they did was to have optum.com create a page for ordering the monitored Abbott AG test kit that features the cruise line's logo. Optum has been selling those all along in 2 and 3 pack configurations for the exact same price.

There's nothing cruise line sponsored about it, except that the cynic in me suspects the cruise lines are now collecting referral fees for posting the link to the already available product.

• Like 2

On 9/9/2021 at 6:16 PM, publicpersona said:

No. The only thing they did was to have optum.com create a page for ordering the monitored Abbott AG test kit that features the cruise line's logo. Optum has been selling those all along in 2 and 3 pack configurations for the exact same price.

There's nothing cruise line sponsored about it, except that the cynic in me suspects the cruise lines are now collecting referral fees for posting the link to the already available product.

Cautionary FYI, check expiry: I ordered tests ( 2 2-packs) from Optum a few days ago. They arrived quickly--overnight or second day. It was stated on the site that the tests we receive may expire by Dec 15, 2021. This worked for us as our cruise returns to US on November 18. When I checked the expiration, it appears that the tests I have will expire "2021-10-03". The only other date is "2021-02-02" which must be inception. I have contacted them but have not heard back. I hope they will do the right thing. If not, AmEx will at which time I'll order from eMed.

5 minutes ago, Rhea98 said:

Cautionary FYI, check expiry: I ordered tests ( 2 2-packs) from Optum a few days ago. They arrived quickly--overnight or second day. It was stated on the site that the tests we receive may expire by Dec 15, 2021. This worked for us as our cruise returns to US on November 18. When I checked the expiration, it appears that the tests I have will expire "2021-10-03". The only other date is "2021-02-02" which must be inception. I have contacted them but have not heard back. I hope they will do the right thing. If not, AmEx will at which time I'll order from eMed.

The FDA approved a 4-month extension. The letter is in the FAQ on MSC’s site.

2 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

I ordered mine from emed and they also say they expire in October. However the shelf life has been extended as

stated in the post before mine. 
download

• Thanks 1