Budget Queen

gottagoacruzn

I hope I am wrong but this doesn't look good. We are going on 11 months with out a post and she isn't answering emails. She has also not posted on other travel forums she used to post to. She posted during COVID so I don't think she would stay away for this past year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I hope I am wrong but this doesn't look good. We are going on 11 months with out a post and she isn't answering emails. She has also not posted on other travel forums she used to post to. She posted during COVID so I don't think she would stay away for this past year.

I am with you, Coral. Not like Budget Queen to miss providing input for Alaska cruisers.  Hopefully, she will return to the boards in the future.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

I am with you, Coral. Not like Budget Queen to miss providing input for Alaska cruisers.  Hopefully, she will return to the boards in the future.

Karen - email me. My address is in my signature.

23 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

Does anyone know her real name.  I hate to say this but one can search obituaries.

DON

I hate to say this but I did search. Though a lot of people I know who died during COVID, their family didn't publish the names because they were going to hold a service at a later point.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ashland said:

The last post I saw from her (during covid) she had made her way back to NY from a trip to Canada I believe.

Her last post was Oct 1, 2020.

She had plenty of posts the days before that.

41 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Maybe an Administrator or Moderator could provide some more detailed address etc.

information about Budget Queen.

-OR- if this information is private - send a administrative pm to show concern.

An extraordinary amount of time has passed for someone who posts regularly - - -

I don't think she is logging into CC to get a pm. We already have her city, state and her email address. I don't think a moderator can do much more. Several of us have emailed her.

• Like 2

I have met her twice, both times at repeater parties.  After talking to her for about 20 minutes the first time, I asked her if she was the "Budget Queen" as she had mentioned this sight and just seemed like the Budget Queen with her knowledge and stories.  She smiled and said "I'm I that obvious?"  She is a Medical Doctor and had worked for the State of New York Prison system before she retired.  Interesting lady and I hope she pops up soon.  I'm a great deal finder, but she puts me to shame with the itineraries, excursions and travel she puts together! 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, jingle5616 said:

I have met her twice, both times at repeater parties.  After talking to her for about 20 minutes the first time, I asked her if she was the "Budget Queen" as she had mentioned this sight and just seemed like the Budget Queen with her knowledge and stories.  She smiled and said "I'm I that obvious?"  She is a Medical Doctor and had worked for the State of New York Prison system before she retired.  Interesting lady and I hope she pops up soon.  I'm a great deal finder, but she puts me to shame with the itineraries, excursions and travel she puts together! 

Several of us remember her posting that she was a nurse. We could be wrong.

That is great that you got to meet her 🙂

Edited by Coral

On 9/6/2021 at 4:37 PM, jingle5616 said:

You are lucky to have met Budget Queen.  She was always so private in her postings (no pictures.).  I do remember her describing herself as someone who was always out on deck with binoculars round her neck --- other than that, no identifiers.  The fact that she attended "repeater parties" is another piece of the puzzle that I didn't know.  She never mentioned social activities that I could remember.  Agree, she was full of thrifty ideas.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it may be a daunting task to look for one member’s postings for one topic, particularly since it doesn’t appear BQ has been on the boards for a year or so. The search page can look up quite a bit of info so you may find it useful.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2806067-searching-for-a-members-posts/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/

5 hours ago, ctkathchick said:

Is there a way to get access to Budget Queen's previous posts. We are traveling to Alaska and I am searching for ways to cut some of the costs especially excursions. Thanks

Go on the Alaska board and around page 17 you will see her last post on October 1 and many posts on Sept 30, 2020.  If you click on Budget Queen it will bring up her past many posts.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2021 at 12:30 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Maybe an Administrator or Moderator could provide some more detailed address etc.

information about Budget Queen.

-OR- if this information is private - send a administrative pm to show concern.

An extraordinary amount of time has passed for someone who posts regularly - - -

Even if they know anything, the administrator is not going to say anything about Budget Queen.  If they did, it is a violation of personal privacy.  

I think that it is time to just drop this issue and assume that with what is going on in the world right now that Budget Queen is no longer with us.  Unfortunate but probably true.

DON

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

Even if they know anything, the administrator is not going to say anything about Budget Queen.  If they did, it is a violation of personal privacy.  

I think that it is time to just drop this issue and assume that with what is going on in the world right now that Budget Queen is no longer with us.  Unfortunate but probably true.

DON

Agree completely donaldsc. Appearing to be stalkers at this point in time is not a good thing.

Several of us have emailed her. She always responded immediately. If she could, she would have responded by now. I am thankful for all the advice she posted here as it did help me early on when planning on my Alaska vacations.

7 hours ago, Coral said:

Several of us have emailed her. She always responded immediately. If she could, she would have responded by now. I am thankful for all the advice she posted here as it did help me early on when planning on my Alaska vacations.

Then it's time for you to let go....and move on.