MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

1 minute ago, Seadweller001 said:

My TA got the email and a phone call.  The Agent called me while MSC was on hold and asked me what option I wanted.  It was a no brainer.  Paid $2200 for a 3 night YC and their offer was an $800 plus low floor balcony.   So, I gladly confirmed the refund and it is in process.

$800

What a joke, You could have booked it for less than that with booze and wifi.

STeve

55 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Just got my tickets  deck 8.  nope  Still yacht club though.  LOL   They did give me  a credit of  

$ -,144.90

Steve

Wow..you must be special!!! As far as I can tell I didn't even get that!

bty I took this directly from the ticket, take note of the highlighted part. "Suites in the foredecks of the ship". News to me, I didn't realize deck 8 (back of the ship) was considered the foredeck.

msccruisesusa.com 1-877-665-4655

02. YOUR CRUISE What is Included

PRIVILEGES

Butler service available 24 hours Dedicated concierge available 24 hours Room service available 24 hours

Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selections available in the different venues

Internet: Browse – 2 devices Unlimited Internet Package Complimentary Internet Package (Browse Package)
Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea SPA Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers)

EXCLUSIVITY

Lavishly fitted suites offering outstanding comfort located in the foredecks of the ship

Gourmet dining in the private MSC Yacht Club restaurant
Free choice of dining time during restaurant mealtimes
Dedicated exclusive sun deck with pool, whirlpool, solarium and bar Panoramic Top Sail Lounge with bar and afternoon tea service
Live music available every night in the Top Sail Lounge

WORLD OF CHOICE

Access to all ship's facilities (bars and lounges, specialty restaurants, pools, theatre, etc)

Extensive buffet with a wide array of cuisine
Participation in entertainment activities
Open-air sports facilities (Power Walking Track, Basketball, etc.) Well-equipped gym with panoramic view

15 hours ago, racephoto said:

The thing is, they haven’t canceled the cruise. So I’m not seeing how you hold them to the cancellation clause if they didn’t cancel. That same contract probably says they can change the itinerary and cabin and anything else at their whim.  I just wanted a full refund and that’s what I got. I knew when I booked a couple weeks ago that it was a risk jumping on an obvious pricing error, and it didn’t work out. Would’ve been an awesome score if it hadn’t been for the salsa cruise. 

Section 15 of the contract does not address cancelling the Cruise. No one is saying they cancelled the Cruise.
What they have cancelled is the "Cruise Package" for those that had booked 7 days in the YC. 
You have to read the contract. The T&C defines a "Cruise Package" and section 15 gives the remedies that the PASSENGER gets to chose from. 

15 hours ago, styles27 said:

I’ve been following this thread and agree with you.
MSC has not cancelled the cruise therefore why would the cancellation policy apply?

Has MSC notified anyone that is not in the salsa group that their cruise is cancelled?

I really think this is how they’re going to get away with it. All they have to say for their defense is “we didn’t cancel we just moved their rooms.” 
Don’t get me wrong I think what they’re doing sucks but it sounds like they covered their a$$es by not cancelling.

I would take the full refund while they’re offering it and take my money elsewhere. 
Sorry this happened to you guys especially in light of the fact that for most it’s your first cruise since Covid. 

Again, section 15 deals with cancelling a Cruise Package by MSC. Not the cruise. Not a room change. Say my YC room was needed to facilitate a family of 6. They need adjoining rooms as the kids are younger. MSC can change my room if needed to facilitate the family. Room changes are allowed. As long as I am moved to another YC balcony. This happens all the time. 
But a room change from YC to deck 8 aft balcony is a cancellation of the Cruise Package (YC) which is what is being discussed. 

14 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I will gladly go on the Salsa cruise

The contract does not have any provision for downgrading a cabin.

The other factor is my reservation which in error is showing deck 8 instead of 16 clearly states I have Yacht club so I will need a butler outside my door, as well as all the other items. You cant sell Privacy, relaxation, and serenity while I am on deck 8.  That is a material representation.  Imagine playing the Yacht club video to a jury and then the Salsa video. LOL

I will go on Salsa, as we are actually dancers so we will be fine. I expect the rest of the cruise to be like they "represent" in their videos and brochures. Its easy enough to get the daily activities from the week before.  Especially since ladyspoilt is on it the week prior.

Steve

• Deck: ARTEMIDE
  • Stateroom: XXXX
  • Type: Balcony Stateroom
  • Experience: YACHT CLUB: Exclusivity & Luxury

Yes the contract does cover this. Section 15. "Cruise Package". In the contract Cruise Package is defined as, "“Cruise Package” means the Cruise, any onboard amenity packages purchased or included, and whether or not in combination with flight(s) and/or any pre- and/or post-Cruise arrangement for accommodation. It does not include Shore Excursions or shuttle services, which do not form part of the inclusive Cruise Package price."
My rebooking shows "ESCAPE TO SEA CRUISE ONLY Your experience: FANTASTICA
Category: B2 − Balcony Stateroom Stateroom: 8241 − Booked"

All this could have been avoided if MSC had either kept us in the room we booked and paid for or putting us in another room of equal or better value. (sample, booked a YC room and would have accepted another room as long as it was in the YC category that I have paid for.)  I have cruised for many years I do think this is the first time I have heard of a passenger having their room "downgraded" .

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, rbpd1176 said:

Yes the contract does cover this. Section 15. "Cruise Package". In the contract Cruise Package is defined as, "“Cruise Package” means the Cruise, any onboard amenity packages purchased or included, and whether or not in combination with flight(s) and/or any pre- and/or post-Cruise arrangement for accommodation. It does not include Shore Excursions or shuttle services, which do not form part of the inclusive Cruise Package price."
My rebooking shows "ESCAPE TO SEA CRUISE ONLY Your experience: FANTASTICA
Category: B2 − Balcony Stateroom Stateroom: 8241 − Booked"

I would love to reply specifically , but I was told I need to put a lid on it going forward.

Steve

35 minutes ago, rbpd1176 said:

Not sure if you looked at the deck plan, but that puts you directly above the Black and White lounge. Word is they have entertainment planned until 0500 hrs. 

Yes we are aware and it's also right at the elevator.

We have no official notice that this is anything other than a regular cruise. This was sold to me on 9/5 just 3 weeks ago.

If it is in fact anything other than a regular cruise, they would have the responsibility to inform me being I booked 3 weeks ago and it sail's in 3 weeks.

I am really looking forward to how yacht club on deck 8 is. Especially since I have a Grand suite.

49 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes we are aware and it's also right at the elevator.

We have no official notice that this is anything other than a regular cruise. This was sold to me on 9/5 just 3 weeks ago.

If it is in fact anything other than a regular cruise, they would have the responsibility to inform me being I booked 3 weeks ago and it sail's in 3 weeks.

I am really looking forward to how yacht club on deck 8 is. Especially since I have a Grand suite.

Seriously, you *have* to report back to us on how this went...

Just received a reply from Salsa regarding those of us on the 7 night.

While we do not know the full scope of the arrangements that MSC is making with their existing guests for this sailing, this is our understanding of the situation. MSC will be making an effort to accommodate existing guests from their original sailing on the Divina on to our charter should they decide to remain on board however they would be in cabins on decks 8 and 9. On our end of the on board inventory, we have sold all the Yacht Club rooms to our guests. I am so sorry that you have been having difficulties receiving proper communication with MSC let along resolution. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

I will be looking forward to hearing from MSC to see what type of "effort to accommodate existing guests"?

I also like the next few words "from their original sailing on the Divina on to our charter".

I never booked a charter cruise, I was never informed of a charter, actually as of this date I have been informed of nothing.

What if this was a nudist charter? A vegetarian charter? A religious charter? An AA charter? A bears charter?

There become an obligation at some point to offer a full disclosure in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I never booked a charter cruise, I was never informed of a charter, actually as of this date I have been informed of nothing.

What if this was a nudist charter? A vegetarian charter? A religious charter? An AA charter? A bears charter?

There become an obligation at some point to offer a full disclosure in my opinion.

They have no legal obligation to inform anyone of charters on their ship. I have been on several cruises where there were charter groups on board. Never was I informed beforehand. In one case I was in the charter group that made up at least 80% of the ship. The people that I spoke to during that had no idea that astronomy group had chartered almost the entire ship. It was moderately aggravating to hear people say that they paid half what we did for our cruise, but that’s the way it goes, and that happens on non-charter cruises as well. I think it was foolish of them to host such a thing with Covid the way it is right now, however it sounds like it was booked back when things were looking better. Most people I know who booked the 7 day have gotten emails by now. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, racephoto said:

They have no legal obligation to inform anyone of charters on their ship.

There is an important difference between a partial charter and a full charter.  When it is a full charter, the cruise line usually has to make arrangements for any persons they might have booked on the ship prior to its charter being executed.

Here is a "warning" provided by the Cruise Line International Assoc ("CLIA" of which MSC is a member) on their website offer advise to those who might want to charter a cruise ship as respects to full charters -

Seems like MSC has only done it for a few but not all who are affected?

full charter.png

1 hour ago, KeepSailing said:

There is an important difference between a partial charter and a full charter.  When it is a full charter, the cruise line usually has to make arrangements for any persons they might have booked on the ship prior to its charter being executed.

Here is a "warning" provided by the Cruise Line International Assoc ("CLIA" of which MSC is a member) on their website offer advise to those who might want to charter a cruise ship as respects to full charters -

Seems like MSC has only done it for a few but not all who are affected?

full charter.png

And we have a winner!

That is exactly what the person working on my behalf stated.  

If it is not a full charter the cruise line needs to operate it as a regular cruise in respect to those who are not part of the charter.

This is a full charter as sale of all rooms is done and can only be done thru the Salsa people.

They have also notified those on the 3&4 nights of their options, which are a 7 day instead of a 3&4 and an upgrade to a Balcony cabin. They have been given an incentive, at no cost to them.

If that compensation is not good enough, they can cancel for a full refund.

1 hour ago, racephoto said:

They have no legal obligation to inform anyone of charters on their ship. I have been on several cruises where there were charter groups on board. Never was I informed beforehand. In one case I was in the charter group that made up at least 80% of the ship.  I think it was foolish of them to host such a thing with Covid the way it is right now, however it sounds like it was booked back when things were looking better. Most people I know who booked the 7 day have gotten emails by now. 

In this case it is Salsa who controls things. Salsa has stated to me in writing its a full charter. You cannot book thru MSC, must go thru Salsa. That is a full charter.

These people who you know who booked the 7 day and got notified, what was the deal they were offered?

In regards to your stating no legal obligation to inform, that may be true, but in my case, it appears my Grand suite in Yacht club has been relocated to deck 8 with no reduction in fare. I have my luggage tags. (look at post 336).   There is nothing in the T&C which allows them to downgrade my sailing experience. Also in the other 2 contracts of T&C (yes there are 2 more) it also does not mention this.

Lastly, I booked this on 9/5 and had a modification on 9/17. They knew about this back in July.

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

And we have a winner!

That is exactly what the person working on my behalf stated.  

If it is not a full charter the cruise line needs to operate it as a regular cruise in respect to those who are not part of the charter.

This is a full charter as sale of all rooms is done and can only be done thru the Salsa people.

They have also notified those on the 3&4 nights of their options, which are a 7 day instead of a 3&4 and an upgrade to a Balcony cabin. They have been given an incentive, at no cost to them.

If that compensation is not good enough, they can cancel for a full refund.

I agree as to the 3 and 4 day people. However those of us who booked in the last few weeks for a 7 day cruise and in particular in YC, have gotten no "buy off" offer. Told to cancel or accept a deck 8 room aft and a refund for the price difference. A 3rd offered option is a simple FCC (100% only, unlike during Covid cancels which were not their fault and they offered 125%)

When booking a non YC room, we always book 2 decks below the pool/buffet. We like to be as high as possible but not right below those areas. But it looks like we couldn't even get that as the Salsa group grabbed all the better rooms. 
So on the Divina we would book deck 12 mid ship (if not YC), so even if we had done that we would have been moved down 4 decks. 

5 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

These people who you know who booked the 7 day and got notified, what was the deal they were offered?

I didn’t ask, because frankly, it’s none of my business. I personally canceled and took the full refund the first day that the letters went out to the three and four day people so I didn’t get a letter myself. All I wanted was a refund, and that’s what I got. Two people that I talked to are staying on the cruise. One other one stated they got a full refund as I did. If it wasn’t for my fear that this would become a Covid super spreader event, I would’ve stayed too. I actually got moved from a side cabin into an aft facing cabin on deck nine. So that would’ve been kind of nice actually.

5 hours ago, rbpd1176 said:

I agree as to the 3 and 4 day people. However those of us who booked in the last few weeks for a 7 day cruise and in particular in YC, have gotten no "buy off" offer. Told to cancel or accept a deck 8 room aft and a refund for the price difference. A 3rd offered option is a simple FCC (100% only, unlike during Covid cancels which were not their fault and they offered 125%)

When booking a non YC room, we always book 2 decks below the pool/buffet. We like to be as high as possible but not right below those areas. But it looks like we couldn't even get that as the Salsa group grabbed all the better rooms. 
So on the Divina we would book deck 12 mid ship (if not YC), so even if we had done that we would have been moved down 4 decks. 

You got a refund in price difference offer?

So you got notification?

7 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

You got a refund in price difference offer?

So you got notification?

No, I never got emailed anything but new booking docs. The amended booking docs showed me downgraded with a credit for the difference between YC and regular balcony. 
The new docs removed the YC experience, unlike I believe what happened with yours.