MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

Just got off the phone.

Could not get a supervisor. But I was informed by the ever so knowledgeable phone reps that there is an issue with that sailing and a supervisor will contact me. They are running about 48 hours.

I told them that I was told that last Friday, and Tuesday and so far no call.

They will note that.🙄

My guess is they still don't know what to do with the Fully paid YC 7 night bookings as per the T&C they will get killed.

Option allows me to choose another similar cruise with a possible upgrade. 

What is similar? From Port Canaveral? Meraviglia is taking over so no YC GS. Only Royal suites.

New Seashore is coming to Miami, YC GS is almost $9000😲

Plus whats my compensation?

The language is very concise and to the point on some things but vague or ambiguous on others.Glad the makers of the contract are said to be resolved against the party that drafted it.

Steve

I made my regular call to MSC this morning as well.  Got pretty much the same answer (but she said 72 hours), however she was able to see that I had called several times...so that much is documented.  It seems they have a comprehension problem.  They cannot separate the 3/4 day reservations from the 7 day ones.  I don't plan to give up right now at it not only effects that week, 10/24 but it also effects my 10/17 cruise on the Davina in the same room 16034.

Having already made flight arrangements leaving 10/16 to return 10/31, just to change the return date will 10/17 will cost me approximately 70,000 more FF miles, not to mention even if they give me a substitute cruise you are now talking about another whole flight and another hotel night precruise, not to mention the transportation from airport to port and back yet again.

I do realize that I may well be put on a "black list" for future cruises....but that's ok with me as this whole thing has  really soured me on MSC.  I have often heard TA's and such saying they will not work with MSC and customers saying what a terrible company MSC is to try to worth with and I have always defended MSC and said I have had nothing but good words to say about them.............I have now joined those that have only negative things to say about them.

Edited by LadySpoilt
  • Like 1

I just got off the phone with a manager. Now this is specific to those that booked 7 night in YC.

They (want to be gender neutral in case they get in trouble) said that the decision had been made not to honor paragraph b of section 15 of the terms and conditions of the contract. They also agreed that I was correct in my reading of the paragraph, they sounded disgusted but said that was the decision that corporate had made.
I liked MSC, I am Diamond with them, but corrupt morals and ethics is a step to far. I am done with them. 

3 hours ago, LadySpoilt said:

I made my regular call to MSC this morning as well.  Got pretty much the same answer (but she said 72 hours), however she was able to see that I had called several times...so that much is documented.  It seems they have a comprehension problem.  They cannot separate the 3/4 day reservations from the 7 day ones.  I don't plan to give up right now at it not only effects that week, 10/24 but it also effects my 10/17 cruise on the Davina in the same room 16034.

Having already made flight arrangements leaving 10/16 to return 10/31, just to change the return date will 10/17 will cost me approximately 70,000 more FF miles, not to mention even if they give me a substitute cruise you are now talking about another whole flight and another hotel night precruise, not to mention the transportation from airport to port and back yet again.

I do realize that I may well be put on a "black list" for future cruises....but that's ok with me as this whole thing has  really soured me on MSC.  I have often heard TA's and such saying they will not work with MSC and customers saying what a terrible company MSC is to try to worth with and I have always defended MSC and said I have had nothing but good words to say about them.............I have now joined those that have only negative things to say about them.

Since the cruise has not been cancelled, travel insurance can be purchased and if your trip gets interrupted you could put a claim in for trip interruption.😉

I just looked and you might be able to hop on RCCL for a 7 night or there are a few 4 & 5 night ones as well. Insurance may pay????

I am not worried about a black list because they created the situation.  Its not like we got home from a cruise and disputed it.

I don't see how they can defend their actions? It was the Salsa who got cancelled on Armonia. They must have had a good contract.

I wonder if we may come out of this with a free cruise as their hands are dirty from July.  How could they sell me this 2 weeks ago? 

I am not calling anymore.

They need to follow the contract now.  

This is terrible what they did to everyone. Outright lying to us. With 30 days to go this is a kick in the teeth. I would have been in YC on Meraviglia if it wasn't for that phone rep 2 weeks ago.

I just had the T&C looked at by a friend 😉

Pay real close attention to the wording in section 15 part 2.

The last 2 lines of section 26.

Steve

20 minutes ago, rbpd1176 said:

I just got off the phone with a manager. Now this is specific to those that booked 7 night in YC.

They (want to be gender neutral in case they get in trouble) said that the decision had been made not to honor paragraph b of section 15 of the terms and conditions of the contract. 

The contract is a legal binding contract and they cannot alter it. They are blowing smoke up our kesters.

I had a friend 😉 look at it today and they have no way around it.

I am not afraid to throw big dollars to enforce it because they can't win. Winner gets any monies they expend back, plus the outcome of any dispute.

Steve

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

This is terrible what they did to everyone. Outright lying to us. With 30 days to go this is a kick in the teeth.

The FL State Attorney General has a pretty simple web site to file consumer complaints (and that does not preclude future litigation). 

I know many folks availed themselves of that route back in early 2020 when the cruise lines were not honoring FCC due to early Covid cancellations, etc. and it seemed those that did go that route got responses much more quickly than those that did not. 

Just a thought (without having to incur those legal expenses).

5 minutes ago, KeepSailing said:

The FL State Attorney General has a pretty simple web site to file consumer complaints (and that does not preclude future litigation). 

I know many folks availed themselves of that route back in early 2020 when the cruise lines were not honoring FCC due to early Covid cancellations, etc. and it seemed those that did go that route got responses much more quickly than those that did not. 

Just a thought (without having to incur those legal expenses).

I am aware of that.

I doubt that they will willingly disregard their own contract.

There is another factor here and that is the Salsa cruise reps would be stuck in the middle of any action. I doubt they would be happy getting stuck in the middle of this when they charter every year.

Any attempt to remove a portion of the contract would risk the clause against Class action waiver to also be at risk. They certainly don't want that. One lawyer 50 plaintiffs.

The people on the phone can say what they want. Next time you call, inform them you want to record the phone call. See what they say or happens.

A scare tactic to make people cancel is all they are doing.

A major corporation is not going to do anything stupid as all it takes is a jury to teach them a lesson.

I expect to get an official notice at some point.

They will not offer option 2. I will send them a certified letter informing them of that option.

Then I will have a decision makers contact info and will try and deal with it.

Steve 

The thing is, they haven’t canceled the cruise. So I’m not seeing how you hold them to the cancellation clause if they didn’t cancel. That same contract probably says they can change the itinerary and cabin and anything else at their whim.  I just wanted a full refund and that’s what I got. I knew when I booked a couple weeks ago that it was a risk jumping on an obvious pricing error, and it didn’t work out. Would’ve been an awesome score if it hadn’t been for the salsa cruise. 

5 minutes ago, racephoto said:

The thing is, they haven’t canceled the cruise. So I’m not seeing how you hold them to the cancellation clause if they didn’t cancel. That same contract probably says they can change the itinerary and cabin and anything else at their whim.  I just wanted a full refund and that’s what I got. I knew when I booked a couple weeks ago that it was a risk jumping on an obvious pricing error, and it didn’t work out. Would’ve been an awesome score if it hadn’t been for the salsa cruise. 

I’ve been following this thread and agree with you.
MSC has not cancelled the cruise therefore why would the cancellation policy apply?

Has MSC notified anyone that is not in the salsa group that their cruise is cancelled?

I really think this is how they’re going to get away with it. All they have to say for their defense is “we didn’t cancel we just moved their rooms.” 
Don’t get me wrong I think what they’re doing sucks but it sounds like they covered their a$$es by not cancelling.

I would take the full refund while they’re offering it and take my money elsewhere. 
Sorry this happened to you guys especially in light of the fact that for most it’s your first cruise since Covid. 

While yes I agree we probably are screwed, I will make it my mission in life to inform anyone and everyone what a corrupt, cheating company MSC is.  For everyone that reads CC be prepared I will be posting daily about MSC and their practices.

For those on the 10/17 Davina, be prepared as I will have a lot of time on my hands to inform all that are in the YC about how they should not trust MSC in way, shape, form or fashion.

At least I will enjoy my week of complaining and running them down.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, racephoto said:

I knew when I booked a couple weeks ago that it was a risk jumping on an obvious pricing error, and it didn’t work out. 

Actually that is not necessarily true, the obvious pricing error.  They had been dropping the price on this one and the 10/17 prior to this.  Of that I am certain as I attempted to get my son to book on either one as they both were selling solo YC rooms as just that..solo rooms. With no penalty for only booking a single person.

10 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Has MSC notified anyone that is not in the salsa group that their cruise is cancelled?

I really think this is how they’re going to get away with it. All they have to say for their defense is “we didn’t cancel we just moved their rooms.” 
Don’t get me wrong I think what they’re doing sucks but it sounds like they covered their a$$es by not cancelling.

I will gladly go on the Salsa cruise

14 minutes ago, styles27 said:

I’ve been following this thread and agree with you.
MSC has not cancelled the cruise therefore why would the cancellation policy apply?

I would take the full refund while they’re offering it and take my money elsewhere. 
Sorry this happened to you guys especially in light of the fact that for most it’s your first cruise since Covid. 

The contract does not have any provision for downgrading a cabin.

The other factor is my reservation which in error is showing deck 8 instead of 16 clearly states I have Yacht club so I will need a butler outside my door, as well as all the other items. You cant sell Privacy, relaxation, and serenity while I am on deck 8.  That is a material representation.  Imagine playing the Yacht club video to a jury and then the Salsa video. LOL

I will go on Salsa, as we are actually dancers so we will be fine. I expect the rest of the cruise to be like they "represent" in their videos and brochures. Its easy enough to get the daily activities from the week before.  Especially since ladyspoilt is on it the week prior.

Steve

• Deck: ARTEMIDE
  • Stateroom: XXXX
  • Type: Balcony Stateroom
  • Experience: YACHT CLUB: Exclusivity & Luxury

5 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

Actually that is not necessarily true, the obvious pricing error.  They had been dropping the price on this one and the 10/17 prior to this.  Of that I am certain as I attempted to get my son to book on either one as they both were selling solo YC rooms as just that..solo rooms. With no penalty for only booking a single person.

Well, I was pretty sure it was a pricing error because it showed on the Labor Day sale as only getting $50 OBC with the statement that cruises less than 5 nights got $50 OBC. Also, the port charges were only $98. There’s no way that a seven night itinerary with multiple ports has $98 port charges. And there was something else that indicated it was three night cruise pricing but I can’t remember what it was now.

4 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I will gladly go on the Salsa cruise

The contract does not have any provision for downgrading a cabin.

The other factor is my reservation which in error is showing deck 8 instead of 16 clearly states I have Yacht club so I will need a butler outside my door, as well as all the other items. You cant sell Privacy, relaxation, and serenity while I am on deck 8.  That is a material representation.  Imagine playing the Yacht club video to a jury and then the Salsa video. LOL

I will go on Salsa, as we are actually dancers so we will be fine. I expect the rest of the cruise to be like they "represent" in their videos and brochures. Its easy enough to get the daily activities from the week before.  Especially since ladyspoilt is on it the week prior.

Steve

• Deck: ARTEMIDE
  • Stateroom: XXXX
  • Type: Balcony Stateroom
  • Experience: YACHT CLUB: Exclusivity & Luxury

I too am considering going since flights, accommodations, vacation time are scheduled.  It may get really sticky on there when I refuse to give up my YC room at the end of my first week and making one hella scene. (YC doesn't really like scenes). I will have all my back up information including my booking confirmation  issued on 9/14 at 02:48

47 minutes ago, racephoto said:

. I knew when I booked a couple weeks ago that it was a risk jumping on an obvious pricing error, and it didn’t work out. Would’ve been an awesome score if it hadn’t been for the salsa cruise. 

I have a YC IN booking in February for less than this one and I have a B2B YC deluxe for the same price in March.

STeve

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LadySpoilt said:

I too am considering going since flights, accommodations, vacation time are scheduled.  It may get really sticky on there when I refuse to give up my YC room at the end of my first week and making one hella scene. (YC doesn't really like scenes). I will have all my back up information including my booking confirmation  issued on 9/14 at 02:48

I will be making sure they enforce all the rules including smoking,masks, and social distancing since if the general public is on the cruise its no longer a private charter.  That may include them not playing music after a certain time. I was once putting together a group and I have all the info at home which I will be there in a week.

I should buy a body cam before I go, and a carbon less book so I can keep giving written complaints to the Concierge. Also my original cabin is the end cabin next to the pool so I don't want to hear music.

Bottom line, they cannot have us on this sailing without problems that would interfere with the Salsa group. But......they offered 3&4 sailings a week cruise instead and an upgrade so we must be due an upgrade.

Salsa still states they have a full private charter? The email from MSC also uses the word "Charter" so I guess we will see.

Steve

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, racephoto said:

Also, the port charges were only $98. There’s no way that a seven night itinerary with multiple ports has $98 port charges. 

Our port charges for 7 night in November are $98. Not sure this is can be indicator for pricing error.

1 hour ago, Seadweller001 said:

My cruise 10/28 WAS canceled and MSC put this in writing.

A4485FBB-E3C8-4963-AF38-C8B6B23D5895.jpeg

Sounds like you hold the golden email! 

Did anyone else get this email? Or was it just the shorter cruises that were cancelled 

Edited by styles27
Had another thought lol

21 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Mine is $150

We booked April 2020.  Just looked it on MSC, they now have it at $150.pp.

we also have the next week. Fees are $160pp , this is what our invoice also has.

8E26EBD6-8C31-49A7-9946-8D3583016446.jpeg

Edited by phissy

18 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Sounds like you hold the golden email! 

Did anyone else get this email? Or was it just the shorter cruises that were cancelled 

My TA got the email and a phone call.  The Agent called me while MSC was on hold and asked me what option I wanted.  It was a no brainer.  Paid $2200 for a 3 night YC and their offer was an $800 plus low floor balcony.   So, I gladly confirmed the refund and it is in process.

When you book with a travel agent  you lose the ability to deal on most issues with the cruiselines.

Of course this is weighed against the TA 11% discount on all booked cruises.

I'll stick with the discount and the TA.  This was a very rare event for me.

• Like 1

Steve:  will be interesting to see if you can access the white tent and the YC part of Ocean Cay with your “yacht club experience”.  What a mess!  We’re on right after you all so here’s hoping the ship will be in one piece.

• Like 1