MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

16 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

Did you purchase insurance? I'm wondering if they're going to refund my $320 for that too? My TA is going to call this afternoon since we still haven't received any sort of letter yet to see what our options are. At this point I think I might be ready to wash my hands of MSC and continue to frequent Royal and NCL. 

We did, and was a concern for us as well.  All included in the refund.  Full refund.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I too told them I would stay buy I want GC cabin back and compensation like the 3&4 day cruises got. Can't do that I was told.

Steve

It makes me think if this type of thing happened on an airline .

Purchase a First Class Ticket and select seat.  Airline then moves you to row 31, middle seat. No mention of change to you. When you call to complain, they say no changes but, they  will still give you a free drink back there. So, everything is OK, right??

NO ONE would put up with this.

31 minutes ago, phissy said:

It makes me think if this type of thing happened on an airline .

Purchase a First Class Ticket and select seat.  Airline then moves you to row 31, middle seat. No mention of change to you. When you call to complain, they say no changes but, they  will still give you a free drink back there. So, everything is OK, right??

NO ONE would put up with this.

HI Pat,

Its funny you mentioned that.  I am currently in a similar situation.   For my Africa cruise in November, my return flights are on Delta, Cape town to Melbourne FL in Premium plus.

Recently found out that Delta did not have approval to fly from SA, so they put me on a British air flight in coach, actually in the seats in front of the toilet in back with limited recline, for a 2 hour flight to Johannesburg to catch a Delta flight.

I said nope and they told me that after the flights gets back to get a form, fill it out, send it in and hopefully get a small refund.

Apparently on this flight BA only has first class and coach. Why not put me in first class?

I inquired about how much a refund would be and was told they would base it on miles of total trip. I figured that out and I would get back $200. Big deal!  So I bought 2 first class tickets on that flight and will take Delta on when I get home.   

If I was ok with coach I would have bought coach, never mind that I would have to get my bags in JB, drop them off at Delta check in and probably would not be let into Delta sky lounge in CT because I had a BA flight.

Steve

• Like 1

Either I am getting old or customer service is going to crap.

Nothing to do with cruising, but I am trying to MOVE our Xfinity service to a new build home. They cannot get their heads around the fact that a drop will need to be installed first. All they want to do is cancel our existing service and offer great new promotions at our new home. Noooooo just hang the cable and I will walk my modem into the new house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quattrohead said:

Either I am getting old or customer service is going to crap.

Nothing to do with cruising, but I am trying to MOVE our Xfinity service to a new build home. They cannot get their heads around the fact that a drop will need to be installed first. All they want to do is cancel our existing service and offer great new promotions at our new home. Noooooo just hang the cable and I will walk my modem into the new house.

Comcast is #1 on my list of horrible service. I have been dealing with them 4 times this last week just to get back what I had. They cancelled voice, lost # then replaced with different number, then turned off cable.  When I walk into Xfinity, they wave Hi and know my name.  Ha Ha Ha, at least I get put at top of list .

1 hour ago, mscdivina2016 said:

HI Pat,

Its funny you mentioned that.  I am currently in a similar situation.   For my Africa cruise in November, my return flights are on Delta, Cape town to Melbourne FL in Premium plus.

Recently found out that Delta did not have approval to fly from SA, so they put me on a British air flight in coach, actually in the seats in front of the toilet in back with limited recline, for a 2 hour flight to Johannesburg to catch a Delta flight.

I said nope and they told me that after the flights gets back to get a form, fill it out, send it in and hopefully get a small refund.

Apparently on this flight BA only has first class and coach. Why not put me in first class?

I inquired about how much a refund would be and was told they would base it on miles of total trip. I figured that out and I would get back $200. Big deal!  So I bought 2 first class tickets on that flight and will take Delta on when I get home.   

If I was ok with coach I would have bought coach, never mind that I would have to get my bags in JB, drop them off at Delta check in and probably would not be let into Delta sky lounge in CT because I had a BA flight.

Steve

Hi Steve,

So sorry to hear about flight problems but, not surprised.  Especially international flights are constantly getting messed with.

BA idea of First Class within region is just regular seat upfront with middle seat blocked. Not so First Class but, OK for a few hours. Rear of plane with limited recline is not Premium Plus by any means.

I agree with you on change.

I am on Flyertalk everyday checking on all the changes going on.  We have had flights cancelled, changed to different airports etc.  I check our trips every Sunday night, as that is when changes take place. Just had to fix 2 more.  

They rely on their customers not knowing policy. When I wanted to change to day after, they said no can do.  I reminded them change of over 60 minutes allows me to do this.

Then, OK, no problem. Our trips to FLL and then out of MCO for our cruises have changed 3 times. 

It seems like everything is "whatever" in customer service.

Just off the phone again. Very productive phone call. Rather than bore you with all the details, I will just touch on the high points.

1. Back office is working on it

2. Supervisor will call me, with average return call 24-48 hours. ( I have been waiting since last Friday)

3.Please be patient

Steve

22 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Just off the phone again. Very productive phone call. Rather than bore you with all the details, I will just touch on the high points.

1. Back office is working on it

2. Supervisor will call me, with average return call 24-48 hours. ( I have been waiting since last Friday)

3.Please be patient

Steve

Do you think we are again just being "put off" or do you feel that they are trying to do something?  BTW was supposed to get a call first thing this morning....still waiting🤥

6 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

Do you think we are again just being "put off" or do you feel that they are trying to do something?  BTW was supposed to get a call first thing this morning....still waiting🤥

No I don't feel we are being put off.  I feel we are being blown off.

We are 32 days away and so far we are now on Deck 8 with the Yacht club experience.

I am at a critical junction personally. I have until tomorrow at 5pm to inform the vacation rental place I am staying at, that I am staying another month or leaving to go home. If I am not cruising I do not want to leave my beach house.

I don't see how difficult an email would be?

I also am getting more agitated as time goes.  If we are subject to a time penalty, they should be as well.

Now we have seen the 3&4 night compensation. Not bad.  They got a free cruise basically. 3&4=7 night.

I now think we should get a full refund and a discount of the following off any future cruise using their own schedule. (better deal than honoring our current YC GS on another sailing if they go into the 30 day mark)

STeve

MSC Yacht Club Cruises 5 Nights or More***
Prior to Departure Penalty
46 days or more Deposit Non-Refundable
61 days or more Deposit Non-Refundable
45 - 31 days 50% penalty
60 – 46 days 50% penalty
30 - 16 days 75% penalty
45 – 16 days 75% penalty
15 - 0 days 100% penalty
15 – 0 days 100% penalty

27 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No I don't feel we are being put off.  I feel we are being blown off.

We are 32 days away and so far we are now on Deck 8 with the Yacht club experience.

I am at a critical junction personally. I have until tomorrow at 5pm to inform the vacation rental place I am staying at, that I am staying another month or leaving to go home. If I am not cruising I do not want to leave my beach house.

I don't see how difficult an email would be?

I understand the critical junction.  We have decided to cancel it with a full refund (per the email that someone got by mistake earlier this week). I really don't think they will do anything, but like you an email would have/would be nice.  The more I have thought about it the more aggravated and disillusioned  that I have become. I will wait until the last possible moment to inform them though just in case (not holding my breath) they offer to do something.  The only redeeming thing for me is that we will be on there in the YC Grand Deluxe Suite the week prior 10/17, and I plan to go and enjoy the week putting down MSC and their handling of this situation to anyone and everyone in the YC that will listen.

22 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

All you that were kicked from YC deserve more than just a refund.  That was a pretty big mistake on the part of MSC.

I agree but I am beginning to think they really don't care.  Although I know the Lady I spoke to yesterday has probably never been in the YC, she seemed really happy to let me know that we were going to get "all the amenities of the Salsa cruise" and didn't seem to understand that no matter how MSC spun it, it was a MAJOR downgrade.

Ok off to complete my reservations on Celebrity!

27 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Edited by LadySpoilt

We cancelled yesterday for a full refund.  We were originally booked on the 3 night.  We considered doing the 7 night salsa charter since we are fortunate that we are not retired but have tons of vacation time and it was a great deal fare-wise.  We also live within 30 minutes of the port so very easy.  However, we do not feel like we received a “free cruise” considering it was a week long salsa charter.  All salsa, all the time…no thank you.  We wanted relaxation and the MSC experience we have enjoyed in the past.  We have another MSC cruise booked for January on the Meraviglia.  Hoping that goes smoother.  We ended up booking Royal Caribbean to replace this sailing and we are going to look forward to that and put this one behind us.  Good luck to everyone still dealing with the situation & trying to get things straightened out.

Happy Cruising!

Saying this in jest......apparently I have caused so much trouble  now when I try to Login I get this message LOL🤣

message-icon-error.png?bc=transparent&as

Your account's email has not been validated yet. 
Please check your inbox for the validation email message.
To resend the validation email message, click on the button below.

Back 
Send

2 hours ago, LadySpoilt said:

Saying this in jest......apparently I have caused so much trouble  now when I try to Login I get this message LOL🤣

message-icon-error.png?bc=transparent&as

Your account's email has not been validated yet. 
Please check your inbox for the validation email message.
To resend the validation email message, click on the button below.

Back 
Send

It’s not you.  Every other day I get some website error. Sometimes telling me I have no bookings when I have five, sometimes telling me the booking I’m looking for can’t be found, sometimes telling me I’m in the wrong country……their IT and website just frankly suck. Much like dealing with their customer service, if you don’t like the message the website is giving you just try back tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

.I pick my battles and this is not one I choose to pursue.

I am prepared for battle. If I must go to mediation so be it. Will be a nice little drive with one of the sport cars.😁

They would be under great pressure to resolve this. The next step would be highly favorable to me.

Steve

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I am prepared for battle. If I must go to mediation so be it. Will be a nice little drive with one of the sport cars.😁

They would be under great pressure to resolve this. The next step would be highly favorable to me.

Steve

Keep us updated if you go that route!  If I was 25 years younger I d probably have a different outlook and would be more vigilant.  Also, cruiselines keep copious records on litigious matters and I do not want to cause friction with them since they are now in PC with beautiful modern ships, the YC and the great service.

We are excited about our 10/31 YC Grand Suite 7 day cruise.  Looks like this will be a go.

i have driven a few Vipers in the past (not mine) and they are a thrill.  I remember my legs heating up for some reason but well worth the drive.  They have come a long way since the early models.

One of the groups with the biggest impact are the people who booked a 7 day cruise in YC. We where moved to deck 8 aft, with no mention of YC. 

Have made multiple calls since Mon at 0900. Clearly front line and even supervisors are clueless, I am hoping due to the fact that MSC almost never cancels a 'Cruise Package". Many responses that they did not cancel the cruise....ugh...I told you Cruise Package!
So I am also told that the back office is now trying to figure out how to unscrew up the screwup.

Keep in mind that per Sect 15 (cancellation of a Cruise Package by MSC) we first must get a written communication with our three (3) options. Step 1 has not even occurred yet. Yes, we got the new booking info when we woke up on Mon morning (move to deck 8), we have never gotten a communication with our options. 
Especially as all of YC is now set aside for the Salsa people. So wondering the number of YC who where cancelled? 

Side note, I did get an agreement to a price protected move to a YC for a 4 day cruise, but not a 7 day cruise. Supervisor stated she felt I got a good price (not sure what difference that makes) so she had been authorized that arrangement. 
I told her no, I booked a 7 day cruise in YC, and that is what I wanted with no up charge per the contract. 
So anyone who booked YC as a 3 or 4 day may well already have their situations covered. The problem is going to be finding many 3 or 4 days in the future. 

12 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

Keep us updated if you go that route!  If I was 25 years younger I d probably have a different outlook and would be more vigilant.  Also, cruiselines keep copious records on litigious matters 

If I have to go that route it will probably end with me signing an NDA. I doubt the cruise line is going to let it go that far. 

Anything litigious would be their creation.

I will still go on the Salsa cruise as long as I have my YC and a little extra like they are offering the 3&4 night people.

I will also be gunning for that 10/31 sailing out of PC. I have too many travel plans thru the end of 2023.

Steve

My new paperwork states deck 8 Yacht club. Lol.

They are free to have a butler stand out there 24/7.

Give me at least 2 adjoining cabins.

In all seriousness, we see the offer 3&4 night cruises were made. Ours should be interesting. I have 5 more cruises booked with them into March of 2022.

Steve

24 minutes ago, rbpd1176 said:

So I am also told that the back office is now trying to figure out how to unscrew up the screwup.

Keep in mind that per Sect 15 (cancellation of a Cruise Package by MSC) we first must get a written communication with our three (3) options. Step 1 has not even occurred yet. Yes, we got the new booking info when we woke up on Mon morning (move to deck 8), we have never gotten a communication with our options. 

After many calls, none very responsive and even a promise from a "supervisor" that I would receive a call from her first thing Wednesday morning (still waiting on that one) I have also gone the route of sending email to "existing reservations".  Below is my email from them received yesterday afternoon.  While not receiving the email that they did/were supposed to have sent, I assume that the email below would suffice   for Step 1.

I responded to this email in a somewhat terse response ( not going to bore you with that).  I pointed out that she had not  even bothered to review reservation because if she had of she would have noted that I NEVER booked a 3/4 cruise and certainly did not book a interior, Oceanview or Balcony cabins and NO the offers and email did not even address my situation. And no I would not accept this "offer" that the only options that I would entertain would be 1. allowing me to rebook at the same price and category with no increased cost, or 2.  revert to the actual reservation and put me back in my booked and paid for 7 day YC Deluxe Grand Suite.

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for the follow up.  My apologies for the issue, you may have received an email from us regarding this cruise.
We apologize for this disruption to your travel plans and would like to offer you the following choices: 

1. Cruise on MSC Divina October 24-31 as a part of the SalsaCruise.com Dance and Latin Music Charter- 
MSC will protect your 3- or 4-night cruise fare, taxes, gratuities and offer Balcony Staterooms to guests who choose to sail on the 7-night Salsa Cruise. This applies to bookings of Interior, Oceanview, and Balcony staterooms. All charter programming, dance and entertainment events are open to all guests sailing on the Salsa Cruise at no additional cost.
All shore excursions will be canceled and need to be rebooked with the new itinerary. Please contact your Travel Agent or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, call us at 1 (866) 420 3584.
Guests who decide to sail on the new 7 -night charter, should contact their Travel Agent or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, call us at 1 (866) 420 3584 our representatives will be happy to finalize your booking arrangements.
For additional information regarding this 7-night charter visit: https://salsacruise.com/theship/ .

If you choose not to sail on the new 7 night itinerary, MSC Cruises will provide you with a full refund.

Please review the above information and call us at the Contact Center at your earliest convenience and prior to October 1, 2021
Again, my apologies,

-Allyson 
MSC Customer Service

40 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

After many calls, none very responsive and even a promise from a "supervisor" that I would receive a call from her first thing Wednesday morning (still waiting on that one) I have also gone the route of sending email to "existing reservations".  Below is my email from them received yesterday afternoon.  While not receiving the email that they did/were supposed to have sent, I assume that the email below would suffice   for Step 1.

I responded to this email in a somewhat terse response ( not going to bore you with that).  I pointed out that she had not  even bothered to review reservation because if she had of she would have noted that I NEVER booked a 3/4 cruise and certainly did not book a interior, Oceanview or Balcony cabins and NO the offers and email did not even address my situation. And no I would not accept this "offer" that the only options that I would entertain would be 1. allowing me to rebook at the same price and category with no increased cost, or 2.  revert to the actual reservation and put me back in my booked and paid for 7 day YC Deluxe Grand Suite.

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for the follow up.  My apologies for the issue, you may have received an email from us regarding this cruise.
We apologize for this disruption to your travel plans and would like to offer you the following choices: 

1. Cruise on MSC Divina October 24-31 as a part of the SalsaCruise.com Dance and Latin Music Charter- 
MSC will protect your 3- or 4-night cruise fare, taxes, gratuities and offer Balcony Staterooms to guests who choose to sail on the 7-night Salsa Cruise. This applies to bookings of Interior, Oceanview, and Balcony staterooms. All charter programming, dance and entertainment events are open to all guests sailing on the Salsa Cruise at no additional cost.
All shore excursions will be canceled and need to be rebooked with the new itinerary. Please contact your Travel Agent or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, call us at 1 (866) 420 3584.
Guests who decide to sail on the new 7 -night charter, should contact their Travel Agent or, if you booked directly with MSC Cruises, call us at 1 (866) 420 3584 our representatives will be happy to finalize your booking arrangements.
For additional information regarding this 7-night charter visit: https://salsacruise.com/theship/ .

If you choose not to sail on the new 7 night itinerary, MSC Cruises will provide you with a full refund.

Please review the above information and call us at the Contact Center at your earliest convenience and prior to October 1, 2021
Again, my apologies,

-Allyson 
MSC Customer Service

At least you received a reply.

I too emailed and have not received a reply.

I am going to call again today and try and push for a lift to the 10/31 sailing. 

I do have another thought. I have not renewed my rental for October since I have a cruise scheduled, I will be driving right by their office next Friday.???

I wonder if I can walk in?

Steve