MSC Divina Change from 3 day to 7 day

Speasda

26 minutes ago, Speasda said:

Guess what! This email was sent in error according to my call with Benjamin in customer service.  He was very shocked the phone number listed on the email leads me to him and the normal MSC phone tree. 

I am told Corporate should not have sent that email out today.  They do not yet have the authority to make the refunds and they will not have the ability until 9/27.  He also said I would be receiving an email saying I have to call no later than  9/27 to get a full refund.  If you read that again you may see the flaw - the last day I can all is 9/27 but the first day they can make a refund is 9/27.  The mess continues.  

Multiple people have gotten refunds. I’m on the phone now and they said no problem.  She did say she was told the date in the email was a typo. LOL that’s one thing about MSC. If you don’t like the answer you get just call back and you’ll definitely get a different one.

Edited by racephoto

15 minutes ago, racephoto said:

He’s wrong. Multiple people have gotten refunds. I’m on the phone now and they said no problem. 

Personally I do not want a refund.  I want to be accommodated, per Section 15 option b, on another cruise in YC Deluxe Grand Suite.  The same accommodations I booked and paid for.

15. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
The Company reserves the right to cancel any Cruise Package at any time by giving written notice to the Passenger. In such cases the Company will offer the Passenger the choice of (a) receiving a full refund of all money paid outside of cancellation penalties; (b) booking another Cruise Package of equivalent or superior quality at no extra cost, if available, from the Company’s brochure and/or from the Official Website; or (c) booking another Cruise Package from the Company’s brochure and/or from the Official Website of lower quality, if available, with a refund of the difference in price. In no event shall the Company or Carrier be liable for any consequential damages or other damages as a result of such cancellation.

2 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

Personally I do not want a refund.  I want to be accommodated, per Section 15 option b, on another cruise in YC Deluxe Grand Suite.  The same accommodations I booked and paid for.

15. CANCELLATION BY THE COMPANY
The Company reserves the right to cancel any Cruise Package at any time by giving written notice to the Passenger. In such cases the Company will offer the Passenger the choice of (a) receiving a full refund of all money paid outside of cancellation penalties; (b) booking another Cruise Package of equivalent or superior quality at no extra cost, if available, from the Company’s brochure and/or from the Official Website; or (c) booking another Cruise Package from the Company’s brochure and/or from the Official Website of lower quality, if available, with a refund of the difference in price. In no event shall the Company or Carrier be liable for any consequential damages or other damages as a result of such cancellation.

That is exactly what I am looking at as well.  Our key point is the cruise is not cancelled, we are.

What I want to know is what is equivalent mean? Besides our accommodations,  Number of nights? Caribbean sailings only? Port Canaveral only?  What time frame?

Steve

6 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

Cool. Good luck. It doesn’t seem like they’ve done that for a lot of the other cruises they’ve cancelled but you can certainly fight and probably win. I personally booked this cruise as a 7 day at a super cheap rate knowing that it was probably a pricing error. Had I known about the salsa cruise when I booked, I would not have done so even if it was free. This is my first cruise back post pandemic, and I wanted a safe and somewhat subdued experience and that is not what I would get. I’ll take a full refund. 

Edited by racephoto

13 minutes ago, racephoto said:

Cool. Good luck. It doesn’t seem like they’ve done that for a lot of the other cruises they’ve cancelled but you can certainly fight and probably win. I personally booked this cruise as a 7 day at a super cheap rate knowing that it was probably a pricing error. Had I known about the salsa cruise when I booked, I would not have done so even if it was free. This is my first cruise back post pandemic, and I wanted a safe and somewhat subdued experience and that is not what I would get. I’ll take a full refund. 

Totally agree. I'm holding out for some communication, but worst case I'll transfer to a 4 night  to avoid the huge party crowd. 

2 minutes ago, racephoto said:

Had I known about the salsa cruise when I booked, I would not have done so even if it was free. This is my first cruise back post pandemic, and I wanted a safe and somewhat subdued experience and that is not what I would get.

I only switched two weeks ago from YC on Meraviglia and they said nothing yet have known since July.

I have a few things going for me. I live a little over an hour from South Florida and I am on one of their ships for a b2b in December. 

I am questioning potential damages though. Simply were sorry pick another cruise is not enough. 

11 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I am questioning potential damages though. Simply were sorry pick another cruise is not enough. 

Free Gratuities and the Premium beverage package would work with 24 months to take advantage of it.  I would like free parking but they have no control over the lots.😁

Steve

2 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

So I did not get a call by no later than 7pm last night from someone at MSC who will take care of this. I was assured after a 1 hour call this past Friday that I would.

Will be on the phone as soon as they open at 9am.

Steve

Same here, was promised a call by close of business Monday...still no call.

Have again written existing reservations (no reply there either) so I too will be on phone this AM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadySpoilt said:

Same here, was promised a call by close of business Monday...still no call.

Have again written existing reservations (no reply there either) so I too will be on phone this AM

Blew me off!!!

They will have a supervisor contact me within the next 48 hours.

But,

1)I was given the option to stay on the cruise in my new cabin on deck 8 for no additional charge and I      get all the amenities of the Salsa cruise.

2)I can get a full refund with no penalty.

3)I can switch to another sailing and pay the extra

I told them that I want a new cruise and I want, like they did for those on the 3 & 4 night cruise a comparable compensation package as they got a 7 night for no additional charge and an upgraded cabin.

Steve

12 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

get all the amenities of the Salsa cruise.

Thanks for the update.  I am curious as we all are what this means?  As mentioned how far is the reach beyond the pool deck?  Will anything be like a regular Divina cruise?

9 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

Thanks for the update.  I am curious as we all are what this means?  As mentioned how far is the reach beyond the pool deck?  Will anything be like a regular Divina cruise?

I asked several questions and the answer is it will not be a regular cruise. All lounges will be utilized for lessons and such during the day and evening. They have full run of everything on the ship.  This will be a non stop party for a week.

They also kept saying the ship has been chartered. I kept telling them no it was not, the Armonia was chartered and MSC switched them over to Divina and was selling the cruise after July 1 to the public.

This is important as if it was a full charter we all get refunds, but it was not and the fact that the 3&4 nighters are being offered a chance to stay refutes that position.  

Steve

• Like 1

I managed to get escalated to a supervisor (Terry).  While I admit she was pleasant (and I was trying to be...not entirely successful).  This is results.

First I was offered the same idiot choices Steve was.  I said not happening.  Then sometime during the conversation she said this "charter Salsa" just happened.  To which I said that was a lie.  She asked what I meant and I explained to her MSC is lying about that as they had informed the Salsa apparently in July since the Salsa group were in July promoting their cruise on the Davina, so no this did NO just occur. To which I went through the entire timeline 1.  Salsa group began saying they were on the Davina in July, while MSC continued to sell 3/4 and 7 days cruises to the general public until a week ago.

Next she asked did I want to change my booking to another cruise, I said I can and will but it has to be at the same price and same category that YC Grand Deluxe Suite.  She said we can't do that, you have to pay the increase in price where I promptly quoted her more than once the T&C.  Again I said not happening.

Next came "well do you want to stay on this cruise", I said I will as long as they reinstate my original room in the YC.  I explained again that this was a B2B with the same room for both cruises.  She is contacting inventory control to see it that is possible.  I said if its not we need to escalate this up the ladder as MSC created this mess not me.  She said I understand and would contact me no later than in the morning with the results.  So basically I did not get an answer, but will continue with it tomorrow.

I think one of the most irritating things is they kicked me out of the YC (again she said you have the amenities of the salsa cruise...YIPEE for no additional charge. And then said something about YC amenities to which I cut in and reminded her that I had been kicked out of YC and downgraded to a 8 th floor room in the front of ship, about as far away as they could have sent me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I asked several questions and the answer is it will not be a regular cruise. All lounges will be utilized for lessons and such during the day and evening. They have full run of everything on the ship.  This will be a non stop party for a week.

That was what I was afraid of a few weeks ago when I posted regarding all the entertainers they had booked that they were providing all entertainment and that all venues, and entertainment would be controlled by them.

I appear to have gotten a full refund for my 3 day cruise.  The agent seemed to have enough information to process the refund and strangely enough did not give me the run around about staying on the salsa cruise or booking a different.  Probably glad to be rid of me.

Good luck if you elect to pursue damages.  I am interested to see how it goes and glad you have the time to do.  For me, I booked onto a 4 day Celebrity cruise that I look forward to!

7 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

I managed to get escalated to a supervisor (Terry).  While I admit she was pleasant (and I was trying to be...not entirely successful).  This is results.

First I was offered the same idiot choices Steve was.  I said not happening.  Then sometime during the conversation she said this "charter Salsa" just happened.  To which I said that was a lie.  She asked what I meant and I explained to her MSC is lying about that as they had informed the Salsa apparently in July since the Salsa group were in July promoting their cruise on the Davina, so no this did NO just occur. To which I went through the entire timeline 1.  Salsa group began saying they were on the Davina in July, while MSC continued to sell 3/4 and 7 days cruises to the general public until a week ago.

Next she asked did I want to change my booking to another cruise, I said I can and will but it has to be at the same price and same category that YC Grand Deluxe Suite.  She said we can't do that, you have to pay the increase in price where I promptly quoted her more than once the T&C.  Again I said not happening.

Next came "well do you want to stay on this cruise", I said I will as long as they reinstate my original room in the YC.  I explained again that this was a B2B with the same room for both cruises.  She is contacting inventory control to see it that is possible.  I said if its not we need to escalate this up the ladder as MSC created this mess not me.  She said I understand and would contact me no later than in the morning with the results.  So basically I did not get an answer, but will continue with it tomorrow.

I think one of the most irritating things is they kicked me out of the YC (again she said you have the amenities of the salsa cruise...YIPEE for no additional charge. And then said something about YC amenities to which I cut in and reminded her that I had been kicked out of YC and downgraded to a 8 th floor room in the front of ship, about as far away as they could have sent me.

Wow, you got a supervisor.  I was told that's not possible as they handle issues from a Que.

You realize that floor 8 is directly above the main interior deck with all the lounges?

I am starting to think I will not have a cruise in the next few weeks. As I waste more time on this I will want more.

Steve

On 9/18/2021 at 5:26 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

This will cost them.   Don't forget, the Armonia is not coming so all of those get cancelled.

Steve

Are those Dodge Vipers in your pictures?   New sports cars are unobtainable now unless one is willing to pay huge addl markups.  Looking for a new Mach 1, impossible at sticker.  I ll wait a year.  And the GT500?  Forget it.

11 minutes ago, Speasda said:

Good luck if you elect to pursue damages.  I am interested to see how it goes and glad you have the time to do. 

I have nothing but time and money, and I will go forward in principle alone. I am 99% sure they will not want this to go to mediation because the end result is, if mediation fails and the mediator declares a meeting of the minds cannot be met, I get to go to the next level.

Steve

3 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Wow, you got a supervisor.  I was told that's not possible as they handle issues from a Que.

You realize that floor 8 is directly above the main interior deck with all the lounges?

I am starting to think I will not have a cruise in the next few weeks. As I waste more time on this I will want more.

Steve

Yes, regarding deck 8 being above the main interior deck.  As I told Terry, the only way I would stay on that cruise is if I am moved back to my original YC Grand Suite Cabin.

My irrational level is escalating.  Being literally lied to directly about this just happening has escalated it to a new level for me.

3 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

Are those Dodge Vipers in your pictures?   New sports cars are unobtainable now unless one is willing to pay huge addl markups.  Looking for a new Mach 1, impossible at sticker.  I ll wait a year.  And the GT500?  Forget it.

Yes, I have 2 of them.  Just never home to drive them.

Steve

2 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

Yes, regarding deck 8 being above the main interior deck.  As I told Terry, the only way I would stay on that cruise is if I am moved back to my original YC Grand Suite Cabin.

My irrational level is escalating.  Being literally lied to directly about this just happening has escalated it to a new level for me.

I too told them I would stay buy I want GC cabin back and compensation like the 3&4 day cruises got. Can't do that I was told.

Steve

The nerve on MSCs part.

We paid in full on July 28 $2,200 for a three night YC grand suite.

They downgraded us to a 8th floor balcony room that totaled $1,200.

i was not born yesterday.  This company needs some help in the common sense arena.

Hopefully I get the letter from MSC advising me of my choices so I can choose the full refund.   

This endeavor has wasted too much of my time.

4 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

We called and cancelled our 7 day booking for full refund.  No issues, bookings seem to have been flagged so no questions were asked.

Did you purchase insurance? I'm wondering if they're going to refund my $320 for that too? My TA is going to call this afternoon since we still haven't received any sort of letter yet to see what our options are. At this point I think I might be ready to wash my hands of MSC and continue to frequent Royal and NCL.