NFL Games at Playmakers on Freedom of the Seas

Hi Everyone,

Thinking about taking a last minute cruise on FotS.  Playmakers looks awesome.  We are in port at Nassau on Sunday (first week of NFL).  We are big NFL fans...specifically Tennessee Titans (1pm game vs Cardinals) and Cleveland Browns (4:25 game vs Chiefs).  

What are the chances we will get these local market games at Playmakers if we stay on the ship at port?  

They do show the games, but like the above poster said, no guarantee on which one.

Try finding the cruise director or someone on the entertainment staff the day before or that morning and request it.

Escalate it if you need to. 

Many times they are lazy and show which ever game they find first.

They will show the Sun & Mon night games.

I figured they will show the big games with no problem - I guess worst case scenario I can stream on my iPad. 

Mainly I'm wondering what their access to games are.  Happy to throw somebody at Playmakers a solid tip to help us out if they can accomodate.  

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

There are something like 40 TVs in Playmakers. My guess is that the you want to watch will be on atleast one of those TVs.

Yes I'd heard this but also heard that there are many international games show (cricket, soccer, int'l basketball, etc) 

I was on the Oasis in Dec 1, 2019 and they had all but one of the early (1pm eastern) games, and all of the late Sunday (4:05, 4:25 eastern) games.  They also showed the MNF and TNF NFL games.  They also showed half of the college conference finals.  They basically show whatever college football games are on Espn, Espn2.  Maybe a game on Fox.   The Oasis had about 65 TVs of varying sizes lined up inside and outside of Playmakers.

Edited by jerseyjjs
  • Like 1

I agree with Jersey. Last time I was on a ship with a Playmakers, they showed virtually all the games and it was a great time. Everyone was a good sport also, whether their team was winning or losing. Some good ribbing maybe but no poor sportsmanship.

Enjoy the wings.

We were on IOS a couple of weeks ago and at that time there was not much going on from a sports standpoint during the days but talked to one of the bartenders, who were all great, and they said most of the games will be on. This is a great place, not a huge football fan but this place was about as good as most sports bars you would find on land. You do pay for food but the burger in this place is outstanding, way better than Johnny Rockets in my opinion. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipCarlton said:

Do you have any experience to speak of?  

Seeing what various venues on various ships show during football season, yes, what Freedom shows in Playmakers on opening weekend, no as I don’t believe anyone has. 

My experience for NFL games on Sunday, is they will show whatever CBS or FOX games carried in that market (FL). For SUN night and MON night games you will get those games for sure. Would be cool if they carried NFL ticket or redzone. I plan on streaming games to my PC and watch from my balcony for DEC trip. LOL

4 hours ago, alexgtp said:

My experience for NFL games on Sunday, is they will show whatever CBS or FOX games carried in that market (FL). For SUN night and MON night games you will get those games for sure. Would be cool if they carried NFL ticket or redzone. I plan on streaming games to my PC and watch from my balcony for DEC trip. LOL

That's what I'm assuming my 2nd option to be.  Wondering if Sunday Ticket will work if it locates me on the ship though?   OR go through another "3rd party" 

3 hours ago, ChipCarlton said:

Wondering if Sunday Ticket will work if it locates me on the ship though?   OR go through another "3rd party" 

I've tried using Sunday Ticket outside of the US (Dominican Republic/Jamaica) and it has given me an error stating it only works within the US.

https://nflsthelp.directv.com/hc/en-us/articles/204503869-Can-I-watch-NFL-SUNDAY-TICKET-while-traveling-outside-the-USA-

8 hours ago, mgreenwood said:

I've tried using Sunday Ticket outside of the US (Dominican Republic/Jamaica) and it has given me an error stating it only works within the US.

https://nflsthelp.directv.com/hc/en-us/articles/204503869-Can-I-watch-NFL-SUNDAY-TICKET-while-traveling-outside-the-USA-

i use a VPN so I don't have any "regional" issue when using my  paid Comcast Subscription in other countries. Or if no access to my VPN I will use a "mirror stream" site to view REDZONE or particular Game.:classic_wink:

Edited by alexgtp

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

i use a VPN so I don't have any "regional" issue when using my  paid Comcast Subscription in other countries. Or if no access to my VPN I will use a "mirror stream" site to view REDZONE or particular Game.:classic_wink:

This is the way.   Would be nice if we could HDMI into the Stateroom TVs but I think the input button isn't functional (according to what I've read) 

Update on Playmakers on Freedom of the Seas for NFL Games! 

Here is the run down for those curious: 

1pm Games:   They had 6 slots allocated to show any games. They had pre-selected the most popular games and Titans didn't make they cut.  Cristian the manager (he's awesome) said if they don't have interest in a game we will turn mine on.  Nobody asked for the Panthers game so I was able to watch the Titans game. Tennessee Titans had a ROUGH week 1.  

I got the Owners Box for the game (1pm to end of game).  It's $100 for a tower of any draft beer and two appetizers.  The screen is HUGE and they will put the audio on for you.  Well worth it for a big game or a big group.  Our waiter, "G", was great and kept the beer cold, bottled water constantly flowing and talked sports for a bit with him.  

There are two of these sections on the Freedom. Reserve it as soon as your embark if you want it. 

The food wasn't that good but it served it's purpose.  

• Like 1