Updated, Sept 7th, Princess Covid Tests Required thru Dec 31st...

LACruiser88

3 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

I am hopeful that by the end of October, the cruise lines will be able to do away with pre-testing provided the individual is up to date with vaccines..

In Florida we are beginning to see a decline in the number of hospital admissions and case positivity.  

Just in time for the Flu!!!!

I was hoping that too for my now fully paid November cruise.  Princess has recently made this announcement.  Now it is through Dec 31 for US ports, no longer Oct 31.

Health Protocols for Cruises through 2021

For cruises through December 31, 2021, guests must have the following:

• Received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the beginning of the cruise
  • Proof of vaccination
  • Have proof of a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 2 days of their embarkation
  • Be required to wear a face mask in certain areas

7 hours ago, Luckiestmanonearth said:

Has anyone received an Antigen test near Ft Lauderdale port on the day before a cruise ?

3 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

Would like to know this too.  If testing it still required for Jan 2022 cruises, we will need to find a test site near Port Everglades.  We are flying in 2 days early but no car to drive all over to find a test site.

This is all subject to change but fairly near Terminal 2 there is a Walgreens and a block or 2 away a CVS.  As best as I can determine the Walgreens does not do testing but you can book a rapid test at the CVS 13 days in advance.  If you are not staying near the port go to Walgreens' and CVSs' websites and walk through a mock test booking and you may find a site near where you are staying.  Also Princess is supposed to be arranging for a third party to test near the terminal.  The pharmacy tests are free but the Princess arranged option will charge.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Why were the 2 sen home were they really sick?  I thought if you tested positive and was not real sick they quarantined?  

Word was that none were seriously ill and that the 2 who went home were given the option of leaving or quarantining.   Don't know if they were required to quarantining on land first.

12 hours ago, srice said:

This is all subject to change but fairly near Terminal 2 there is a Walgreens and a block or 2 away a CVS.  As best as I can determine the Walgreens does not do testing but you can book a rapid test at the CVS 13 days in advance.  If you are not staying near the port go to Walgreens' and CVSs' websites and walk through a mock test booking and you may find a site near where you are staying.  Also Princess is supposed to be arranging for a third party to test near the terminal.  The pharmacy tests are free but the Princess arranged option will charge.

I'll be trying to schedule with CVS for 11/26.  When I did so for our recent cruise those pharmacies along our route that offered the rapid antigen were few and far between

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Word was that none were seriously ill and that the 2 who went home were given the option of leaving or quarantining.   Don't know if they were required to quarantining on land first.

Thanks for getting back to me.  Do they let you quarantine in your own room?  I wonder what happens if lets say a wife tests positive but husband does not, can they both stay in room?

11 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I'll be trying to schedule with CVS for 11/26.  When I did so for our recent cruise those pharmacies along our route that offered the rapid antigen were few and far between

I did not know Walgreens by the port did not do testing.  Thanks for that info.  

This is just so scary because unless you are a medical person how do you even know if  you are getting the right test if the pharmacist says it is the right one and get to the pier and it is not.  Oh my goodness.  

9 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

This is just so scary because unless you are a medical person how do you even know if  you are getting the right test if the pharmacist says it is the right one and get to the pier and it is not.  Oh my goodness.  

I don't know what Walgreens does or doesn't offer.  I just looked for CVS in Ft L and found one a mile from our hotel very near the port.  Use this link to check and schedule COVID-19 Testing and Locations | MinuteClinic (cvs.com  with 33316 as the zip.  I did so just to check which tests they offered and they do have the Rapid Antigen.  So I have a calendar bookmark to start trying to schedule for 11/26 on 11/12.  When we recently tested at our local CVS here in Charlotte we got a phone call in 2 hours that we were negative and an email for printing the verification shortly after.  It was actually a very efficient process.

18 minutes ago, mellon1 said:

From the Princess FAQs, I printed out the different tests approved by Princess and also the section on what data should be included on the test report.  You would think that the CVS near the port would know what the cruise lines will require and be ready for when cruising starts out of Port Everglades.

13 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

From the Princess FAQs, I printed out the different tests approved by Princess and also the section on what data should be included on the test report.  You would think that the CVS near the port would know what the cruise lines will require and be ready for when cruising starts out of Port Everglades.

If you use the CVS link I posted earlier the Test Type is listed.

image.png.4ff28fe07ec37bceae4088fedf59212a.png

It also lists details for each location.

image.png.512523d421680f3c693fda80697b4613.png

56 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Yes, I saw that but will still verify when I call to make sure they are still offering the Rapid test.  

One thing to consider when calling.  The tests at CVS are administered apart from the pharmacy.  In every case I've seen the testing trailer is outside the building.  When you call you'll likely get a general clerk.  You can ask for the pharmacy or Minute Clinic I suppose and you might get someone familiar with the testing or you might not.  I have a high level of confidence in that link.  I've used it a few times and referred it to several friends with no issues at all.

24 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

One thing to consider when calling.  The tests at CVS are administered apart from the pharmacy.  In every case I've seen the testing trailer is outside the building.  When you call you'll likely get a general clerk.  You can ask for the pharmacy or Minute Clinic I suppose and you might get someone familiar with the testing or you might not.  I have a high level of confidence in that link.  I've used it a few times and referred it to several friends with no issues at all.

Our CVS does the testing inside the minute clinic.  Some of them do it outside while you are in your car.

So different everywhere.

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Our CVS does the testing inside the minute clinic.  Some of them do it outside while you are in your car.

So different everywhere.

Yes.  Around here they have separate trailers.  You schedule, park in a reserved spot then the tech comes out a takes you into the trailer.  Everyone masked.  Plexiglass everywhere.  Don't know what happened with the lady before us - all kinds of yelling and she didn't look too happy coming out.  🙂

2 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

Yes.  Around here they have separate trailers.  You schedule, park in a reserved spot then the tech comes out a takes you into the trailer.  Everyone masked.  Plexiglass everywhere.  Don't know what happened with the lady before us - all kinds of yelling and she didn't look too happy coming out.  🙂

Oh no!  

"Unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a face mask at all times while indoors, in accordance with health authority requirements."  

Is this the only requirement, then, for unvaxx'd guests? No additional testing during cruise or being limited to some areas of the ship, as was the case with other cruise lines a few weeks ago?

9 minutes ago, PRNole47 said:

"Unvaccinated guests will be required to wear a face mask at all times while indoors, in accordance with health authority requirements."  

Is this the only requirement, then, for unvaxx'd guests? No additional testing during cruise or being limited to some areas of the ship, as was the case with other cruise lines a few weeks ago?

No that is not all of it. And it is very limited if any that are allowed to book. on our July 25 sailing there were only 3 exemptions.  Princess highly discourages unvaccinated exemptions. 

from Princess FAQs https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/us-cruises/and 

UPDATED: If I have been given special accommodation to board due to a medical or religious exemption preventing me from being vaccinated against COVID-19, how will our cruise experience differ from guests who are fully vaccinated?

In accordance with health authority directives, all unvaccinated guests must follow these COVID-19 protocols:

show proof of a negative pre-travel COVID-19 Rt-PCR test performed 2 days prior to sailing

have an embarkation day COVID-19 test performed at the terminal and a COVID-19 test performed prior to disembarkation (if the cruise is longer than 4 days), as per health authority requirements. We must also provide testing information and reporting to the destinations we visit. To cover the cost of testing and administration, we have set a charge of US$150, per person, which will be assessed to your onboard account if you are cleared to sail.

wear a face mask at all times indoors. A face mask will be required during embarkation and disembarkation, spa treatments, approved shore excursions, medical center visits, and any indoor locations in crowded settings. Exceptions include temporarily, while eating and drinking, when inside your own stateroom or balcony, when performing high-activity exercise outdoors, outdoors when physical distancing of 3 ft (1 meter) can be maintained, and when in the pool

maintain physical distancing of 3 ft (1 meter) from other people outside your travel group, including at dining locations

guests will only be permitted to go ashore through shore excursions sold by or through Princess using tour operators who comply with our COVID-19 protocols. Self-exploration or participation in shore excursions not sold through or operated by Princess will not be permitted.

If you refuse to be tested or screened, or to follow the COVID-19 Protocols, you will be denied boarding and no refund or credit will be issued.

Anyone who doesn’t comply with the onboard public health measures may be disembarked at the first available opportunity. Other consequences could include being denied service, required stateroom isolation and being banned from sailing in the future. If you are non-compliant, no refund of the cruise fare for unused cruise days or travel expenses (if flying home) will be covered. If your travel party is impacted and/or they are required or voluntarily choose to leave with you, the same policies will apply to them: there will be no refund of cruise fare for unused cruise days or coverage of travel expenses home.

Given the above CDC directives for unvaccinated guests, if you feel you need to change your plans, please refer to our Book with Confidencepolicy for cancellation options.

18 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

For those of you sailing out of San Pedro, Ca.

There are quick tests at Long beach airport. (and other airports) suitable for cruises.

Can make an appt., or they don't seem overly busy.

Takes up to 2 hours to get results, but an Uber or taxi ride away if needed.

https://covidtesting.cityhealthuc.com/locations/long-beach

I did a mock booking and this seems to be free. But it didn’t explicitly say so.  Do you know if the rapid antigen test is free?

On 9/8/2021 at 4:11 PM, eclue said:

It is what it is.....just deal with it and enjoy your cruise...this is the new world - accept it and move on...if you cannot accept it, then do not cruise,

Oh boy, and here I thought the new normal was being fully vaccinated and increasingly undergoing more testing in order to safely engage in more social activities, and those that were afraid of vaccines and testing protocols would just stay home...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I did a mock booking and this seems to be free. But it didn’t explicitly say so.  Do you know if the rapid antigen test is free?

Its just like other testing sites where they take your Medical card & youre not charged.

Feds kick in for it, if for some reason your Ins. doesn't cover.

I called our Ins. cuz was curious if there was a limit to the amount of covid tests we could take?

Was told No limit......Did not know that. YMMV

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

this is what i got after clicking on "How it works" under Testing Cost:

HOW IT WORKS

Insurance

Testing is covered by all insurance providers and is free for all US Citizens and Residents without insurance.*  

The cost of test documentation required for travel is $20. This fee is not covered by insurance and must be paid by the traveler.

Out-of-pocket cost for test:

Molecular PCR: $220

Abbott Molecular: $170

Rapid Antigen: $129

*as of July 13, 2021.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, manunia said:

this is what i got after clicking on "How it works" under Testing Cost:

HOW IT WORKS

Insurance

Testing is covered by all insurance providers and is free for all US Citizens and Residents without insurance.*  

The cost of test documentation required for travel is $20. This fee is not covered by insurance and must be paid by the traveler.

Out-of-pocket cost for test:

Molecular PCR: $220

Abbott Molecular: $170

Rapid Antigen: $129

*as of July 13, 2021.

Interesting that the Princess FAQ that mentions setting up near port mobile test sites states that the entity doing the testing would not accept insurance.