Celebrity Suite

Momma Rene

I had seen that on Celebrity, the Sky Suite and Celebrity Suite amenities are the same.  It was reported in the past, the amenities were different.  Can anyone tell me if and when they changed?  The Celebrity Suite for a 9 night on the Silhouette is $2,000 more.  The amenities in the higher suites are amazing.  I am thinking the Celebrity Suite cost is not worth it.  I am hoping that it changes and wondering if anyone has any insider info.  Seems the Celebrity Suites are available on our sailing and wondering if that is the reason.

The Celebrity Suites have the same perks and amenities as the Sky Suites, at least that was the case just before cruising suspension.  They do get 12 CC points let night vs 8 for the SS.  The separate sleeping area is a plus to us but we wouldn’t pay $2k more.

For us, being able to separate the living area from the bedroom like a true suite is worth $2k if, like us, you haven't different "schedules" (one gets up early, one sleeps late; one likes tv at night, the other doesn't, etc...). The massive jump to Royal Suites is usually cost prohibitive in comparison, although as mentioned the perks ones get do add to the value. 

2 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

What are the extra perks for the higher end suites?

Laura

In suite bar set up

Unlimited speciality dining

Special Delivery boarding 

Free laundry

Usually an invite to a special event

A bit of an upgrade usually on service levels.

Things like the Premium beverage package are also included but as most suite guests get that now it is no longer really an additional perk.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chemmo said:

In suite bar set up

Unlimited speciality dining

Special Delivery boarding 

Free laundry

Usually an invite to a special event

A bit of an upgrade usually on service levels.

Things like the Premium beverage package are also included but as most suite guests get that now it is no longer really an additional perk.

Also free robes and pajamas, lots of A** kissing .  

Agree the CS and SS have the same perks.    The  difference is mostly the size and  having 2 rooms instead of one.    While not officially a perk each level of Suite get little differences in daily services.   An example is that on Chic nights you may get an upgrade afternoon snack in CS over SS.   In a RS you get a cheese platter and Shrimp or Other things daily.   I just had them discontinue.   In a PS they bring a Shrimp Tray and Cheese Platter large enough for 10 daily.  

To me the  CS is  definitely worth the  price.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sherylc said:

no free robes any more (just to use). Free pajamas are monogrammed on request, but two sizes and neither really fit either of us.

We got them on edge in July we were. In penthouse , someone else in royal suite posted pictures of robes and pajamas and they were also monogrammed. Robe didn’t fit me either but fits my wife. Will ask to get them monogrammed on our February cruise.

Edited by George C

4 hours ago, towel-animal said:

For us, being able to separate the living area from the bedroom like a true suite is worth $2k if, like us, you haven't different "schedules" (one gets up early, one sleeps late; one likes tv at night, the other doesn't, etc...). The massive jump to Royal Suites is usually cost prohibitive in comparison, although as mentioned the perks ones get do add to the value. 

Just cannot understand why the RS and PH and frankly Edge Villa have such ridiculous balconies.  SS3 on MC track has a larger balcony (104SF) than all three of those.  This may only be a concern if one spends a lot of time on balcony and I do.

31 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Just cannot understand why the RS and PH and frankly Edge Villa have such ridiculous balconies.  SS3 on MC track has a larger balcony (104SF) than all three of those.  This may only be a concern if one spends a lot of time on balcony and I do.

Penthouse balcony wasn’t that bad , about 200 sq ft , but not as nice as royal suite balcony on summit, penthouse was totally covered on edge.

1 minute ago, George C said:

Penthouse balcony wasn’t that bad , about 200 sq ft , but not as nice as royal suite balcony on summit, penthouse was totally covered on edge.

Ah OK, they look very long and very narrow though?  SS3 is deeper, don't get me wrong the PH suite itself looks lovely, albeit VERY expensive right now, like crazy ask price.  Love the new E design, had 2 booked for 2022.  Started to for kicks and giggles though, and various comments I have seen re other lines, decided to look into.  For what seem to be much more premium than Celebrity and less $$ for better larger suites, wrap around aft facing balconies...it has made me ponder, and actually canceled the one i had for May 2022 on APEX in CS.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Ah OK, they look very long and very narrow though?  SS3 is deeper, don't get me wrong the PH suite itself looks lovely, albeit VERY expensive right now, like crazy ask price.  Love the new E design, had 2 booked for 2022.  Started to for kicks and giggles though, and various comments I have seen re other lines, decided to look into.  For what seem to be much more premium than Celebrity and less $$ for better larger suites, wrap around aft facing balconies...it has made me ponder, and actually canceled the one i had for May 2022 on APEX in CS.  

I love the penthouse suite on edge and most of the ship , but wasn’t crazy over balcony, my wife liked it but I am a sun worshiper , in general suite balconies are definitely smaller on edge class.