20% off most cruises fares through 9/16

Jeremiah1212

On 9/16/2021 at 11:24 AM, Lastdance said:

It would be nice if everyone posting a discount also shared their cruise/cabin info before and after repricing, so the rest of us could understand apples to apples...just saying!  Thanks, Silkroad!

31 October 2022 TA Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale on Reflection ( originally departing from Rome when booked Jan 2021) in aft S1 Sky Suite.....original price when booked $10,900 approx., now $8861 and change...

I'm not going to use bold because all the bold and colors and spinning avatars hurt my eyes.

This is for Celebrity Infinity 8 Night Best Of Spain & Portugal Cruise.  I copied this from the 9/23 thread.

OK well I can report a success in repricing.  My new/old TA called me this morning to tell me she got a price reduction from $7100 down to $4600 on an Aqua cabin, deck 11 aft, on a Spain / Portugal cruise that went from 10 days down to 8 days.  October 12, 2022 to October 20.

I am still a little confused by OBC?  Does OBC change when you reprice?  Because I thought I read some people getting *more* OBC but I've got less, if I understand my booking info correctly.  I had $800 at the higher price and $500 OBC at the lower price.  I won't know for sure until I can get back into the cruise planner.

What helped me is my "new" TA who booked this cruise for me, I guess, gave up and shifted it back to my "old" TA who was the person who make the call to Celebrity this morning.

On 9/16/2021 at 12:24 PM, Lastdance said:

It would be nice if everyone posting a discount also shared their cruise/cabin info before and after repricing, so the rest of us could understand apples to apples...just saying!  Thanks, Silkroad!

Beyond, PH, Nov 2022, original price $38k, repriced at $30K.  Still cancelling as have a far better suite and $10K LESS than the $30K on Oceania, just wanted to see what Celebrity would do.  

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I'm not going to use bold because all the bold and colors and spinning avatars hurt my eyes.

This is for Celebrity Infinity 8 Night Best Of Spain & Portugal Cruise.  I copied this from the 9/23 thread.

OK well I can report a success in repricing.  My new/old TA called me this morning to tell me she got a price reduction from $7100 down to $4600 on an Aqua cabin, deck 11 aft, on a Spain / Portugal cruise that went from 10 days down to 8 days.  October 12, 2022 to October 20.

I am still a little confused by OBC?  Does OBC change when you reprice?  Because I thought I read some people getting *more* OBC but I've got less, if I understand my booking info correctly.  I had $800 at the higher price and $500 OBC at the lower price.  I won't know for sure until I can get back into the cruise planner.

What helped me is my "new" TA who booked this cruise for me, I guess, gave up and shifted it back to my "old" TA who was the person who make the call to Celebrity this morning.

The obc usually comes from the TA’s commission. The commission is based on price paid, hence, if the price goes down, so does the agent’s cut.

Sometimes , if the reduction is small, the agent might eat it,but the price dropping $2,500 is far from small.

• Like 1

I had 4 calls this week to make a change. 

Every agent I had spoken to messed the booking incorrectly.

No reply to any email in the past two weeks.

Id have to say Celebrity has among the worst customer support.

I hope the onboard experience hasn’t deteriorated in proportion.

56 minutes ago, AidenL said:

I had 4 calls this week to make a change. 

Every agent I had spoken to messed the booking incorrectly.

No reply to any email in the past two weeks.

Id have to say Celebrity has among the worst customer support.

I hope the onboard experience hasn’t deteriorated in proportion.

I also had my booking messed up due to an FCC not being applied

My CVP has been working extra long hours so called resolutions and they fixed it. Its not chump change either almost $500 refund which i can use to pay for flights. All because someone didn't know how to apply an FCC. 

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

The obc usually comes from the TA’s commission.

To the contrary ... these days, much of the OBC is coming from Celebrity for a whole host of reasons.  While correct that TAs often pitch in, in current times, the non-refundable X OBC represents a much higher % than ever before.

To answer the question differently - the TA OBC is strictly between the customer and the TA.  The commission of the TA after a repricing will most likely be lower, and their slice to the customer may be reduced commensurately, but any reduction won't be due to any action by X.  

The OBC supplied by X seems not often to have been clawed back.  In many cases, even a concurrent cancel/rebook would net the same OBC anyway under the AI program if previously booked that way.

In those rare cases where we have heard that previous OBC was forfeited over some technicality related to how a cruise was booked, the difference due to the reprice was considerably better, net.

Edited by canderson

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

To the contrary ... these days, much of the OBC is coming from Celebrity for a whole host of reasons.  While correct that TAs often pitch in, in current times, the non-refundable X OBC represents a much higher % than ever before.

To answer the question differently - the TA OBC is strictly between the customer and the TA.  The commission of the TA after a repricing will most likely be lower, and their slice to the customer may be reduced commensurately, but any reduction won't be due to any action by X.  

The OBC supplied by X seems not often to have been clawed back.  In many cases, even a concurrent cancel/rebook would net the same OBC anyway under the AI program if previously booked that way.

In those rare cases where we have heard that previous OBC was forfeited over some technicality related to how a cruise was booked, the difference due to the reprice was considerably better, net.

We’ve done 47 cruises and have gotten obc on everyone of them. And every penny was refundable and ever cent was credited back to my credit card.  If that’s changed, it’s had to have been since November 2019, our last cruise.

25 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

We’ve done 47 cruises and have gotten obc on everyone of them. And every penny was refundable and ever cent was credited back to my credit card.  If that’s changed, it’s had to have been since November 2019, our last cruise.

That's been our experience as well 

... until AI and Covid as X has begun showering OBC all over the place.  Welcome to a VERY different paradigm.

The OBC from your TA is refundable.  All of this OBC from X of late is not.  It's use it or lose it.  We have an absolutely silly amount of non-refundable OBC on the first leg of a 5+10 B2B coming up, and it took some real thought to come up with a strategy to burn through $2100 in 5 days.  We'll use some for early extra tips on the last day of that first leg - we'll have the same butler, housekeeping and Luminae crew for both legs.  Some will be used to purchase a few bottles of good wine for the 2nd leg where again, the OBC has piled up ($1850), but not to quite such an extent in $/day.

Seeing how the non-refundable X OBC was piling up due suite OBC, AI OBC, and two re-pricings, my TA suggested we take their contribution for the two legs as a check post-cruise rather than refundable OBC.  I agreed.

Edited by canderson

A question for those who have gained OBC from the Best Price Guarantee. If I recieve OBC due to a price adjustment but then cancel the cruise under the CWC terms, does the OBC carry forward? In the past I believe the answer was no, OBC disappears, but I can't find this specific circumstance mentioned on the FAQ's.

14 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

A question for those who have gained OBC from the Best Price Guarantee. If I recieve OBC due to a price adjustment but then cancel the cruise under the CWC terms, does the OBC carry forward? In the past I believe the answer was no, OBC disappears, but I can't find this specific circumstance mentioned on the FAQ's.

Since it’s nonrefundable OBC, I believe it would just disappear. But I would also believe your original cruise fare never changed, so you’re not out anything either. 

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Since it’s nonrefundable OBC, I believe it would just disappear. But I would also believe your original cruise fare never changed, so you’re not out anything either. 

That part is correct, the FCC is still equal to your original fare so there is no real loss. We do rack up some hefty spend onboard from time to time so keeping the large OBC may be a factor in canceling or going.

18 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

That part is correct, the FCC is still equal to your original fare so there is no real loss. We do rack up some hefty spend onboard from time to time so keeping the large OBC may be a factor in canceling or going.

Are you dealing directly with Celebrity?

56 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

We just got $1,435 in nonrefundable OBC from our BPG submission on our Nov Apex cruise. We're definitely going to have fun trying to spend all of it, that's for sure. On our Edge B3B, we bought an iPad, some luggage, all our excursions and gave out $800 in tips. But I have to say giving out those tips gave us the most joy! 😎

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

When giving out those tips, how is that done? By voucher? 

There is a form you can pick up at Customer Service which allows you to specific an additional amount to give to your room steward, butler (if applicable), dining services and/or housekeeping services. The funds will be pulled from your account, with any nonrefundable OBC in your account being the first to be used.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dutchclogs said:

Wll this sale be further extended beyond 23 September?

Right now that looks pretty unlikely. During week 1 the new extended dates were made available internally several days before the first cut off date. That is not the case this time. 

On 9/17/2021 at 9:40 PM, drakes2 said:

I also had my booking messed up due to an FCC not being applied

My CVP has been working extra long hours so called resolutions and they fixed it. Its not chump change either almost $500 refund which i can use to pay for flights. All because someone didn't know how to apply an FCC. 

Uh  oh.. thanks for the heads up on the FCC.  We plan on making a final payment early just to  make sure it is applied  correctly to final payment..along with BOA pts to further reduce that amt.  We have ship bd credit but will use it for excursions and spa if I go....

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

Uh  oh.. thanks for the heads up on the FCC.  We plan on making a final payment early just to  make sure it is applied  correctly to final payment..along with BOA pts to further reduce that amt.  We have ship bd credit but will use it for excursions and spa if I go....

I wonder sometimes why I use a TA but maybe it's useful when you have a problem like this with FCC?

On 9/21/2021 at 2:00 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

There is a form you can pick up at Customer Service which allows you to specific an additional amount to give to your room steward, butler (if applicable), dining services and/or housekeeping services. The funds will be pulled from your account, with any nonrefundable OBC in your account being the first to be used.

But why cant you give it to him directly? I mean if we talk about tips I always try to catch the guy and give him/her a few $. I always appreciate other people's work, especially when it comes to my service. I hope everyone could be generious these days

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

But why cant you give it to him directly? I mean if we talk about tips I always try to catch the guy and give him/her a few $. I always appreciate other people's work, especially when it comes to my service. I hope everyone could be generious these days

You can. We just had over $800 in nonrefundable OBC at the end of the cruise and wanted to use it rather than cash.

• Like 1