Welcome Back Parties? What tiers?

5 hours ago, Williamsburgcruiser said:

Have they gone away, or have they returned as cruising has returned?

The welcome back parties I think you are referring to went away pre COVID. In the current COVID era, the top tier party, which was for all above Gold, has now been restricted to only those D+ and P.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The welcome back parties I think you are referring to went away pre COVID. In the current COVID era, the top tier party, which was for all above Gold, has now been restricted to only those D+ and P.

Agree. In past there was multiple gatherings, all members, Upper Tier, at one time when Diamond was only Top Tier we'd have Formal meet with Captain and all Senior Staff. Meet with Capt/Staff was usually about one on one before C&A became too successful. Then with the CC get together would have 3-4 invites in Cabin after Boarding...

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

It has been my experience that the top tier parties are now a sit-down event in the theatre. The waiters pass drinks as people enter and the band plays on stage.  Some staff is introduced and sometimes the Captain has spoken. Top cruisers and new Ps are introduced and pictures taken.  

They are not parties at all.  DH never attends anymore.  

• Like 1

Top tier parties on Oasis class are usually in the Aquatheater, but could vary depending on weather. Definitely not a dressy event. I remember some nice dressy top tier parties on Freedom class, but that's been a while for us.

Barb

Our top tier event on Wonder during the WB TA was extremely casual since it was at noon and during the crossing.  We got treated to drinks AND a high wire act.

On Jewel it was in the Safari Club. Most people dressed a bit nicer. The notable exception in our case he guy who was the top Pinnacle member. Same guy on both legs of a B2B. One of the few passengers specifically called out and introduced and he couldn't have cared less how he looked.🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

On Jewel it was in the Safari Club. Most people dressed a bit nicer. The notable exception in our case he guy who was the top Pinnacle member. Same guy on both legs of a B2B. One of the few passengers specifically called out and introduced and he couldn't have cared less how he looked.🤣🤣🤣

I have been to several recently where SuperMario was in attendance. He was one of the most casual dressed passengers there all three times.