Dining Packages

stickey_mouse

3 hours ago, stickey_mouse said:

Have pre-purchased dining packages been discontinued? I cannot find information about them on the website, and on the page where I can pre-book specialty dining, spa, excursions, etc., the page does not load after clicking on "Dining Packages."

Thanks!

The screen headings are available but dining packages are not yet available for my Nov 28 or Dec 30, 2021 cruises.  Individual Specialty Restaurants are available to book for my Nov 28 but PG is still not available for my Dec 30. 

Same for me for both my November and December sailings.  I have the included package in December but not November and thought about purchasing it.

I don't even know what's included in the dining package.  Does it vary based on the length of the sailing?

22 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Same for me for both my November and December sailings.  I have the included package in December but not November and thought about purchasing it.

I don't even know what's included in the dining package.  Does it vary based on the length of the sailing?

Dining package usually includes one of each specialty restaurant, I believe.

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

With all the bookings including various dinner perks, the extra charge restaurants are going to be pretty full. So perhaps little room for dining packages. 

Well we hope that HAL brings back the fining packages for the 2022 cruise season 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had not followed up but when I called them several months ago, I was told that I could upgrade my Signature Dining package to another.

They told me I should follow up with my Travel Agent and I have not gotten around to it. We don’t leave until 6/26 on the Rotterdam so I am not feeling rushed yet.

On 9/23/2021 at 3:44 AM, zgscl said:

It doesn't really surprise me - with the move to have it all I can only imagine that capacity is an issue and it no longer benefits them to discount specialty dining.

But with folks already having plans that include Pinnacle and Canaletto, it seems like the other Specialties might not get as much attention. That is, if I am out of pocket for the meal, I might decide on one of the others instead but if I have already ‘paid’ for Pinnacle, then that is where I go. So the others may end up less frequented than before.

So allowing upgrades that include more options seems like it would still be profitable. Guess we will see. 

Otis

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SimpleSoul said:

But with folks already having plans that include Pinnacle and Canaletto, it seems like the other Specialties might not get as much attention. That is, if I am out of pocket for the meal, I might decide on one of the others instead but if I have already ‘paid’ for Pinnacle, then that is where I go. So the others may end up less frequented than before.

So allowing upgrades that include more options seems like it would still be profitable. Guess we will see. 

Otis

That is a good point! On our Nieuw Amsterdam sailing Pinnacle was sold out by the first full day onboard. Everything else (except maybe Sel de Mer pop up) was open pretty much throughout. Somehow our Canaletto reservation disappeared when we boarded and I didn't catch it until mid cruise. They had no issue rescheduling us and pretty open availability.