Flights Coming Home

Marymommyof3

1 minute ago, Marymommyof3 said:

Flying from LaGuardia to Toronto.

It's an hour by car out to LaGuardia from the port.  Also an international flight so you should allow more time than if you were flying within the US. It is likely possible but any delays could throw a wrench in your plans. I wouldn't do it, but I'm a nervous Nellie.  If it was out of Newark, that would be a different story.

• Like 2

You should be fine as long as no weather issues that prevent ship from docking on time.  

This past Sunday people began disembarking around 8 am and said with the facial recognition system for customers they were from ship to their in less than 15 minutes.  

Traffic shouldn't be a problem on a sunday morning to get to laguardia.

17 minutes ago, Marymommyof3 said:

Flying from LaGuardia to Toronto.

Check the requirements of your airline since this is an international flight.  You have an hour drive to the airport and likely at least a two hour early checkin requirement for your airline.  Leaves very little cushion time for any delays getting off the ship or to the airport.

• Like 1

We have a 1230 flight out of EWR to the West Coast in October, also on the Oasis. I felt this should be ample assuming we get off by 8-9am. And if my understanding is correct, disembarkation has been pretty quick so I imagine a lot of airport down-time. LGA/JFK, not so sure...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JMKreno said:

We have a 1230 flight out of EWR to the West Coast in October, also on the Oasis. I felt this should be ample assuming we get off by 8-9am. And if my understanding is correct, disembarkation has been pretty quick so I imagine a lot of airport down-time. LGA/JFK, not so sure...

Flying out of EWR should be fine.  LGA/JFK are further and even on a Sunday you can hit traffic. Btw LGA is under construction and I hear that there could be issues there.  Not sure if drop off is at the terminal.   A while back it wasn't. 

13 minutes ago, JMKreno said:

You are going to EWR for a domestic flight, should not be an issue.  An international flight at LGA likely has an earlier check in requirement and is an hour away without traffic.  Too tight for me.

I always check on RCCL site as if I was booking air thru them to get an idea their first flight out time.  That way, I can judge my flight time and know I will make it to the airport in time.  As long as the cruise line will assign you a flight out, then I think its safe for you to book.