I resent the way Royal treats its Junior Suite Guests

adolfo2

On 9/19/2021 at 6:53 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

I am currently on Anthem in a JS and haven't found a walk-in closet. I may have missed it as I've been on a week and still cannot fathom all the light switches!

Regards,

Cublet

Yep, no WIC

Screenshot_20210921-102655_Chrome.thumb.jpg.123da11ff6f844eb2b98a468a7d686b7.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, no WIC

Screenshot_20210921-102655_Chrome.thumb.jpg.123da11ff6f844eb2b98a468a7d686b7.jpg

Hello,

Yep, that's it exactly.

So is the Anthem an exception to the walk-in-closet norm for a JS? I've had them on Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Regards,

Cublet

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Yep, that's it exactly.

So is the Anthem an exception to the walk-in-closet norm for a JS? I've had them on Voyager and Freedom class ships.

Regards,

Cublet

Always exceptions. I remember Enchantment not having them as well

56 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Always exceptions. I remember Enchantment not having them as well

Radiance class JS all have a walk-in closet.  Same for Voyager class.  Same for Freedom class.  Vision class - only a few select JS have a walk-in closet and no, I don't know which cabin numbers.

28 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Radiance class JS all have a walk-in closet.  Same for Voyager class.  Same for Freedom class.  Vision class - only a few select JS have a walk-in closet and no, I don't know which cabin numbers.

Corner afts as I recall. We had middle one. No WIC

On 9/17/2021 at 11:35 AM, Another_Critic said:

I'm happy that the JS (and full suite) crowd are subsidizing my Inside cabin.  😁

funny thought. I guess it is true and for those who drink themselves to sleep.

For me the suites maybe bigger, but if you can only afford an inside room, you will still get to eat and see the ports, the shows, and all the other offerings.  Might not be the exclusive lunges or restaurants but really who cares.

I find the urgency to book suites quickly to be odd.  I mean many regular balconies are nice rooms too.

And the so called special lounges and restaurants all make for a more expensive cruise.

I find sometimes the egos on ships annoying too.     having said that I am doing Symphony of the seas in April of 2022 and I had to get a Jr Suite to use an FCC, Pricing for the regular balconies were less than my FCC so I went for it.  Do I expect to be pampered, NO.  I will like the bigger balcony though.

On 9/17/2021 at 12:22 PM, adolfo2 said:

A big Thank You to everyone for all of your comments (both Pro & Con) as it made for a very enjoyable read!

I was fully aware and OK with the limited “Suite Perks” included with a Junior Suite before booking. I just wasn’t expecting the need to jump through hoops for the ONLY one allotted a JS (in addition to square footage, etc.)

IMHO, Junior Suite is a misnomer/oxymoron, bordering on misrepresentation, as there are just too many exclusions from the norm for the term “Suite” to be included in the stateroom category description. Calling it an Insert_Superlative_HERE Balcony would be way more appropriate.

Go after Princess, too. Their Mini Suite is similar to Royal’s, but no Coastal Kitchen 

• Like 2

On 9/22/2021 at 4:19 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

Yep, that's it exactly.

Regards,

Cublet

On 9/22/2021 at 9:16 AM, Merion_Mom said:

We were recently on the Freedom in a jr suite and we didn’t have a walk in closet. If what we had was considered a wic then I would hate to see a regular closet on Freedom.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We were recently on the Freedom in a jr suite and we didn’t have a walk in closet. If what we had was considered a wic then I would hate to see a regular closet on Freedom.

Do you recall the cabin number?  This is odd.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 9:52 AM, lovescats5 said:

Forget the problem with JS's.  How about the real problem.  When a Star Class guest gets rude comments and hateful glares when they can go to the front of the line for whatever activity they want to do.  Now that is something that needs to be addressed. 

Lol, you are much better at tongue-in-cheek then the OP….. I’d call this a First PLUS World problem. Kind of like the offensive practice of letting all those coach passengers walk through First Class during boarding. 

So let’s think about this….. how do we want Royal to “address” the problem 🤔

How about a stern warning for the first offense, then no alcohol for the second, then banish to cabin for the third?

• Haha 1