I resent the way Royal treats its Junior Suite Guests

adolfo2

This is a First World problem, but I don’t like the way that “SEA Class / Junior Suite” guests are treated onboard

No access to Suite Sun Deck or Lounge, no breakfast or lunch in Coastal Kitchen (dinner only if/when space is available) is limiting enough BUT having to knock/scratch at the Coastal door when you have reservations & your keycard doesn’t grant access is demeaning.

Yes, I know, cry me a river, but IMHO, Royal should “recharacterize” Junior Suites as Jumbo Balconies and be done with it as the JS category is all Bark and no Bite! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 13

Guest BigRoger

Jumbo cabin size and balcony with double C&A is exactly what it is and what it’s sold as…. All cruise lines do the same as everyone wants to feel slightly more important….. us brits know all about the class system……

(I do agree though it gets tedious booking coastal kitchen every day - that said frankly it’s decent but nothing like as special it’s hyped up to be anyway IMHO)

8 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

This is a First World problem, but I don’t like the way that “SEA Class / Junior Suite” guests are treated onboard

No access to Suite Sun Deck or Lounge, no breakfast or lunch in Coastal Kitchen (dinner only if/when space is available) is limiting enough BUT having to knock/scratch at the Coastal door when you have reservations & your keycard doesn’t grant access is demeaning.

Yes, I know, cry me a river, but IMHO, Royal should “recharacterize” Junior Suites as Jumbo Balconies and be done with it as the JS category is all Bark and no Bite! 

Imagine the resentment of the full suite guest when a JS guest rolls up in the suite sun deck, having spent a small percentage of their Star class accommodations. 

Why do you have this resentment? I must assume you knew what you were buying when you booked. 

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

I do agree with the issue on oasis class ships about having to beg to be allowed in to the coastal kitchen venue when you’ve every right to be in there is demeaning. It’s a bad design - they really need staff outside the door to enable booking and access for guests that need it. 

Quantum class works much better in this regard. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, adolfo2 said:

So over the 'it's so demeaning'

Umm, no it's not. You knock, they answer.😇

Plus, that only applies to Oasis Class😉

• Like 8

I personally LOVE that I get double points for my 'larger than a balcony cabin' cabin, along with the opportunity to visit CK.  And all for pricing lower than a 'real' suite. 😃  Guess I'm just a Pollyanna.  🙃

No, let's not just reclassify it as  balcony. 

Edited by barbeyg
  • Like 13

3 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

I personally LOVE that I get double points for my 'larger than a balcony cabin' cabin, along with the opportunity to visit CK.  And all for pricing lower than a 'real' suite. 😃  Guess I'm just a Pollyanna.  🙃

No, let's not just reclassify it as  balcony. 

Where do you stand on knocking🤔😇

• Haha 2

Why not just book a real suite in that case and you will get all the amenities. If Royal is guilty of anything it's calling a Junior Suite a "Suite" in the first place.  It's just a really large balcony room with a bigger closet and some additional perks.  Celebrity has a class between balcony and suite called Concierge Class that is similar (although the rooms are not as large).  If Royal called it Balcony Plus or something that didn't have the word Suite in it, it would be more clear.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, tserface said:

Why not just book a real suite in that case and you will get all the amenities. If Royal is guilty of anything it's calling a Junior Suite a "Suite" in the first place.  It's just a really large balcony room with a bigger closet and some additional perks.  Celebrity has a class between balcony and suite called Concierge Class that is similar (although the rooms are not as large).  If Royal called it Balcony Plus or something that didn't have the word Suite in it, it would be more clear.

Princess has or used to have mini suites. I doubt the name is the issue

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

The JS has always been "sweet" enough for us...larger cabin, walkin closet, tub/shower combo and an additional point. Those are the only reasons we used to book them.

We've moved up to full suites now not really for the amenities since our D+ is fine for what we need .... but for the actual cabin itself.

• Like 3