Ruby Aft Cabin Wake Noise Good or Bad

Tedferg

26 minutes ago, muffin said:

Think this will be a very individual call. I would love it. Some would not. Also remember keeping the doors open is frowned upon. 

I agree. I also think it makes a difference what deck you're on. Lower decks that are closer to the water always sound louder to me.

• Like 1

We will be on the Ruby Baja aft deck very soon. I’ll try and remember to come back and let you know. I can say, we have been on different aft decks and we like the lowest decks the best because we are closest to the water. The wake noise has never been an issue although it is loud. 
Cheers, Denise

To determine how you would feel about it, try going to Youtube and doing a search for: "Princess aft cabin wake noise" and that will REALLY help you decide!!!

This is definitely a personal call. Many find it too noisy and distracting while others love it and find it comforting.  We happen to love it and always book an aft cabin if possible (one with a good sized balcony).

We have had several aft facing cabins over the years and love them. The sound of the wake to us is soothing. Our cabins have been on various decks and while it is true, the lower the deck the louder the wake sound, it has never been an issue for us. I would rather hear the wake than the loud music or whatever coming from the pool deck! We love these cabins - in fact we have one booked for our upcoming Majestic Princess Mexico cruise in April 2022!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nini said:

To determine how you would feel about it, try going to Youtube and doing a search for: "Princess aft cabin wake noise" and that will REALLY help you decide!!!

That helped a lot, thanks. Votes seem split 50/50. At this point we will pass in favor of more mid ship cabin - better for DW mobility. Shorter distances to travel.. Thanks for all replies.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

That helped a lot, thanks. Votes seem split 50/50. At this point we will pass in favor of more mid ship cabin - better for DW mobility. Shorter distances to travel.. Thanks for all replies.

Mobility can be a issue with both forward and aft cabins.   Probably a good decision.