New Princess Sphere class ships?

big al

22 hours ago, scottca075 said:

I don't get the Magic Carpet and why someone thought that was going to be a wow factor to get people on a cruise ship, but the Grand Prix on NCL, expanding to three decks, is very cool. So are the Solarium Pool, Aqua Slides, Central Park and Flowrider on Oasis; Seaplex, the ice rink, Master Blaster  and Royal Promenade on other RCCL ships; Bolt, WaterWorks, Sky Ride and Sky Zone on Carnival ships are fun too.

The innovations of the Disney Wish are amazing too and I can't wait to see what they have in store for 9-10 days at sea on their new transpacific cruises.

Innovate and grow or die. Those who think the future is the SS Lurline experience should get together pools of money and invest in such a line.

I agree. More and more the lure of places we want to see has decreased while we find ourselves looking forward to the latest innovations. For us the ship has become the attraction vice the itinerary.

23 hours ago, scottca075 said:

The innovations of the Disney Wish are amazing too and I can't wait to see what they have in store for 9-10 days at sea on their new transpacific cruises.

How is the Disney line for single adults travelling alone?  I just want a good cruise experience and I'm a big Disney fan so I'm thinking of it.  I don't really mind the kids either and I know they have some adult only areas. 

20 hours ago, scottca075 said:

You can get the Capitol Grille. It's called Seabourn and it is owned by Carnival Corp. Silversea and Regent are also Capitol Grille.

A friend of mine just returned from a Baltic cruise on Seabourn.  I don't have the $$$ for it but he said they had a lot of fun.  I get their mailers but they're out of my price range.  

12 hours ago, MissP22 said:

The ship is the only reason why we are still cruising. 

I agree MissP22.  I've done a lot of travelling and was in the Navy in the 80s.  I've "seen the world".  Now I don't even go ashore I just stay on the ship.   Except for a bucket list trip on the QM2 someday (round trip trans-atlantic) I'll be staying on US soil.  

4 hours ago, ldtr said:

With Celebrity a portion of the experience depends upon what cabin class you book.  Different cabin classes get different dining experiences and other benefits.   We reduced our use of Celebrity as they moved more into the ship within a ship approach.

We have also backed away from Celebrity because of their focus on embracing the old class systems of the Titanic era. They are setting aside so much deck space for suite passengers that they rarely have to mix with the lower class passengers. That they have dedicated a high percentage of public space to these areas is leaving less for the regular passenger to enjoy. Try finding a view forward on the Edge class if you aren't a suite "guest". The only place the peasants can see forward is in the extra cost thermal suite areas in the spa or in the fitness areas. The rest are dedicated to the suite class Retreat decks. 

• Like 2