ELEVATOR QUESTION

jono mono

23 minutes ago, jelayne said:

S and E Class have forward and mid-ship elevator banks.  The mid ship elevators stop right by the dining rooms.  M Class ship have 3  banks forward, mid and aft.  The aft elevators will go nearest the dining room,

Thanks, first time on board in a wheelchair.

1 hour ago, jono mono said:

CELEBRITY SILLOUETTE , 

Yes, we used it to get back to deck7 from MDR on our recent Staycation on Silhouette.

There are stickers on each corner of the floor, indicating where passengers should stand, but we shared a lift with someone in a wheelchair, 2 of us + wheelchair. The lifts were not busy.

8 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Yes, we used it to get back to deck7 from MDR on our recent Staycation on Silhouette.

There are stickers on each corner of the floor, indicating where passengers should stand, but we shared a lift with someone in a wheelchair, 2 of us + wheelchair. The lifts were not busy.

Thank you.

14 hours ago, jono mono said:

Thanks, first time on board in a wheelchair.

You will find all the staff on board very helpful. Make sure you complete the special needs information if you need any additional support on board. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 10:12 AM, jono mono said:

Thank's chemmo, done that !!

I did this whilst temporarily in a wheelchair and orthopaedic boot. It was wonderful as we boarded to have our butler and room attendant greet us with an array of stools and offers to help us any way they could.

Hats off also to the Solarium staff who knew how much I wanted on a daily basis to slip out of my boot and be lowered into the Solarium pool. Every day they they lowered me into the pool and then one of them was always available to get me out...Discreet and supportive...Exactly what one wants...

If you struggle with anything on board just let the staff know, they are all about finding solutions. We are just off Silhouette, fortunately this time I just needed a stick. Touching and reassuring that on both boarding and disembarking more than one member of staff offered wheelchair assistance if I needed it.

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

Just now, Mike981 said:

@chemmo Thank you all of that information. As one who is currently using a cane, news like this is reassuring.

In recent years I would describe myself as semi-mobile! I have pre or post op cruised in a wheel chair, had spells in between of needing a stick and next cruise may need a wheelchair again. I do think a key is in letting staff know your difficulties. Firstly through the special needs team and then secondly, yourself on board. 

The steps into a pool can often be a real barrier to a guest with some level of mobility challenge, the ‘ducking stool’ was a real asset. Quite simply I would not have felt safe entering or exiting the pool. I did worry how many guests could have benefited from using it but were ‘reluctant to ask’. So glad I did.

Simple things like a stool to sit on whilst showering can really help. Again simply discuss with the special needs team prior to boarding or your room attendant if you are struggling during your cruise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chemmo said:

I did this whilst temporarily in a wheelchair and orthopaedic boot. It was wonderful as we boarded to have our butler and room attendant greet us with an array of stools and offers to help us any way they could.

Hats off also to the Solarium staff who knew how much I wanted on a daily basis to slip out of my boot and be lowered into the Solarium pool. Every day they they lowered me into the pool and then one of them was always available to get me out...Discreet and supportive...Exactly what one wants...

If you struggle with anything on board just let the staff know, they are all about finding solutions. We are just off Silhouette, fortunately this time I just needed a stick. Touching and reassuring that on both boarding and disembarking more than one member of staff offered wheelchair assistance if I needed it.

Thanks for that info !!.