VeriFly What does it do???

MSEm

1 hour ago, kjbacon said:

Do we also need our original paper vaccine card?

Yes, you must carry the original with you and be prepared to present it on request. I would also put a copy of it in the carryon luggage and keep a copy on your cell phone too. Suggest that you review your card to confirm that it has all the information properly filled out before submitting to Verifly. 

• 2 weeks later...

hI, thanks so much for all this info.  I have one other question - after looking at the screen grab of the Verifly form, it states use embarkation date (date you board ship) - so I should not put in the date we land in the port city for our 2-day pre stay ?

43 minutes ago, TheFarSize said:

hI, thanks so much for all this info.  I have one other question - after looking at the screen grab of the Verifly form, it states use embarkation date (date you board ship) - so I should not put in the date we land in the port city for our 2-day pre stay ?

It says embarkation date.  Use embarkation date.  Not really difficult, just follow the instructions.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:41 AM, FlyerTalker said:

just follow the instructions.

OK, but here is an instruction that isn’t clear to me in this day of booster shots.  It says fill in the date of the final shot, which I believe means the second of our two Moderna shots, which for us was April 2.  But tomorrow we get a booster shot.  So does that now became the date of the “final” shot?  If someone bothers to look at our vaccination cards, they will see all three.  But I doubt it.  It probably doesn’t matter, because this third shot will be much more than 14 days before departure.  But Verifly might need to update its instructions to reflect boosters.

My wife and I had our boosters together before accessing Verifly. Mine was accepted, but hers asked to send the date of the second shot. Go figure. I think Verifly does everything based on your booking #, so it figures you would have to redo your submission.

With everything in flux right now there will be hundreds of different vaccine cards. I hope everyone can find the same page.

Here in BC we have the original hand filled paper card which is pretty much obsolete, we also have the Provincial vaccine "Passport" which you get on line and has a QR code. Many people have it on their phone. We chose to print it out and trim it to wallet size and had them laminated. Now of course we have a Canadian vaccine "passport" also gotten on line it has the vaccine dates and type and the Canada mark. I hope that can be printed wallet size and laminated (I hate relying on something on a "device".

I think everything is so fluid that what is "required" today will be different by the time we board in early April.

Just discovered a new VeriFly "feature".  We had to use it for a Viking cruise in July, now need it again for a December Viking cruise.  Well, after some unknown amount of time, maybe a month, the app or those who run it purge all your particulars except your mugshot. 

I asked Viking about it and yep, not a fluke.  That's what it does.  They're not sure why VeriFly dumps everything either.  I pressed further and asked why then doesn't Viking keep a passenger's first VeriFly submission on file themselves?  I was met with the predictable crickets.

I have mixed thoughts about it.  Glad personal information isn't being stored (maybe) but piqued that I have to fiddle with this annoying app again.

Edited by Donaghadee
pag
  • Like 1