VeriFly What does it do???

MSEm

35 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

If there is "way to much junk on my phone," why not delete some of it so there is room for an excellent app like Verifly that makes your travel life easier. 

Haha, a bunch of it Apple won't let me delete.  As to Verifly making my travel life easier, that's a matter of opinion.🍸

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, DrKoob said:

If there is "way to much junk on my phone," why not delete some of it so there is room for an excellent app like Verifly that makes your travel life easier. 

There you go....making perfectly good sense.

Bet that when folks look at all their "junk", they'll find out that they were the ones that put it there in the first place.

1 hour ago, FlyerTalker said:

There you go....making perfectly good sense.

Bet that when folks look at all their "junk", they'll find out that they were the ones that put it there in the first place.

This may be an Ok Boomer situation. (So says a Boomer!)

Edited by rbslos18

Talked with Viking VeriFly agent today.

A:  Viking DOES NOT put a QR code on your phone.  You just get a green Check Mark on the app.

B:  If you DO NOT have a "smart" phone, call  Viking directly for help with the "work-around" not using Verifly.

Hope the answer I got can help others that posted questions.

Good Cruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/22/2021 at 3:04 PM, DrKoob said:

Why would you want to eliminate the app from your phone? It takes up next to nothing as far as space. About the same as a single photograph.

The argument that you should keep an app on your phone because it does not take up significant space is specious.  You should keep an app on your phone if it is useful.  Verifly appears to be required by Viking (but not really), so you decide.  Verifly is a Daon product.  They are private, big, and into biometrics and identity verification.  What could possibly go wrong with giving them your personal identification data?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/26/2021 at 8:53 AM, Tom.in.nc said:

Unless you are flying internationally on American Airlines.

Yes, very true for AA or any other One World partner .  While not obligatory to fill out , it did save us a bit of time and the hassle of pulling out documents flying home on AA last month from Paris . It is also a good way for the consumer to double check that they have the required documents needed to travel.  

Not  good for many other airlines at the moment ; many seem to have their own document verification systems.  

We are aware of other airlines - United for one - that uses VeriFly too.

Our friends could not complete their online checkin and seat selection on United without uploading their Vaccine card, their PCR tests and whatever else on the VeriFly app.

By doing this they were able to sidestep all these hurdles at the airport because it was all done.

I personally would rather just comply and follow the instructions than being delayed somewhere in the process because I did not do it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CDNPolar said:

We are aware of other airlines - United for one - that uses VeriFly too.

Actually, United uses its own proprietary system, not Verifly.  Used it both ways to Iceland and back in August.  At that time it was not mandatory. 

One other possible reason for Viking to use VeriFly.  With all of the anti-vaxers out there and the availability of fake CDC Covid Vaccination cards, maybe they want official confirmation of your status.  I’m confident that they don’t want the folks at check-in having to try to make that decision. (I don’t either.)

As the old Russian proverb states “Trust, but verif(l)y”,

Tom

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bixers said:

Can anybody explain why VeriFLY needs access to my phone's CAMERA as well as its LOCATION?

Camera because it takes your picture as part of the registration process.  

Location I don't know why.  You already have to give them your name and address.

Personally NOT happy about having all this info on yet another database I nothing about. I wish that Viking would simply figure out how to do this without a third-party app.  

Once you have established an account and have you Vax card certified, you can probably uninstall the app until the next time you need to add a journey. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Bixers said:

Can anybody explain why VeriFLY needs access to my phone's CAMERA as well as its LOCATION?

You can always go to your privacy settings and remove its access to camera and location once you are "good to go".

Tom

It appears Verifly doesn’t really verify much, other than that you have a vaccination card with appropriate shot date separation. 
They would not have access to CDC or state files, thank goodness.

It appears all it does is make sure you have the required documents before you travel.

The quick (minutes) turnaround time for approval is the key that it’s not really checking much.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

It appears Verifly doesn’t really verify much, other than that you have a vaccination card with appropriate shot date separation. 
They would not have access to CDC or state files, thank goodness.

It appears all it does is make sure you have the required documents before you travel.

The quick (minutes) turnaround time for approval is the key that it’s not really checking much.

And it costs someone.  

• Like 1

Daon CEO Tom Grissen noted that Daon (VeriFly) has trained professionals that can analyze vaccination cards before a customer arriving at the airport, giving them a streamlined travel experience.

“Daon's design team is using digital comparative analysis in combination with human review to help guard against the use of fraudulent documents,” Grissen continued. “As more and more travelers upload vaccination cards and test results our algorithms will only get more accurate and effective.”

“We believe we can train our algorithms to help combat fraud at scale, however, the ultimate goal should be for government and other parties to come together and create sources of verifiable credentials,” Grissen added. “As an industry leader for more than 20 years, we feel Daon can play a role in bringing these parties together.”

This app has a few bugs and can be frustrating to use. First of all, on 10/10, I received a notification in MVJ for me to download and complete Verifly. So I downloaded it, followed instructions to link to Viking, and then get a message that I cannot continue or upload anything until 10/12. So today (10/15), I opened the app, and it did remember me and my companion. So I assumed it remembered being linked to Viking, and I followed instructions to enter the country I'll be visiting. So I chose Portugal and was asked to select the airline and city. There was only one airline choice - Aer Lingus - and one embarkation city - Dublin. So I removed the whole thing and started again, this time entering "Viking" for the country. That worked - it asked for the Viking booking #. The next steps went generally smoothly, with one exception. Both my wife and I had our booster shots. Verifly asked for the dates of the first and last shots, so I entered dates for shot #1 and shot #3. Mine was accepted. I did the same for my wife, but hers was rejected, with a message stating they want the date of the SECOND shot. So I resubmitted the photo, used the dates for the first and second shots, and it was then accepted. Go figure.

26 minutes ago, Squawkman said:

This app has a few bugs and can be frustrating to use. First of all, on 10/10, I received a notification in MVJ for me to download and complete Verifly. So I downloaded it, followed instructions to link to Viking, and then get a message that I cannot continue or upload anything until 10/12. So today (10/15), I opened the app, and it did remember me and my companion. So I assumed it remembered being linked to Viking, and I followed instructions to enter the country I'll be visiting. So I chose Portugal and was asked to select the airline and city. There was only one airline choice - Aer Lingus - and one embarkation city - Dublin. 

The reason for that is because VeriFly is NOT a governmental verification app.  It's used by various transportation companies to help them know that their passengers have the appropriate documentation.

In this case, only one airline is using VeriFly to process documentation for trips to Portugal - Aer Lingus.

As for remembering being linked to Viking - nope.  The app remembers the user.

2 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

The reason for that is because VeriFly is NOT a governmental verification app.  It's used by various transportation companies to help them know that their passengers have the appropriate documentation.

In this case, only one airline is using VeriFly to process documentation for trips to Portugal - Aer Lingus.

As for remembering being linked to Viking - nope.  The app remembers the user.

Thanks for the explanation. All I would say here is that when you get a notification in MVJ to download Verifly, wait a few days.

I'm a bit puzzled by the recent comments about VeriFly not remembering being linked to a previously-started Viking cruise.

I began the VeriFly process soon after I booked our first Viking cruise about a month ago with just over 90 days until departure. I didn't realize at the time that I couldn't complete the process until 30 days until departure (although it does clearly say that in MVJ).

Maybe I've just been lucky that it hasn't lost what I started yet. Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding the issue. Anyway, here are screen shots of what the first couple pages of my VeriFly look like. The "Not Complete" Viking cruise I started last month is still there, waiting until Nov 19, 2021, 6:00pm when it says I will be able to complete the "COVID-19 Vaccination Review".

Screenshot_20211015-210840_VeriFLY.thumb.jpg.accba48118dd6516b00c116a72ae9c33.jpg

Screenshot_20211015-210856_VeriFLY.thumb.jpg.055477b36f1c858fefbe78725e285bda.jpg