Laundry

Ilovesailaway

I would recommend packing either soap sheets or pods and dryer sheets.  They are VERY expensive on board.  I do believe that there are specific hours posted for the laundry room, but I can't remember what they are.  I believe it's something like 7am to Midnight, but I could be wrong.

I do enough laundry at home.....but I'll use either the ship's pay for service or perked laundry benefit to do some laundry during a cruise.  

My relax time on board a ship is worth more than the small fee involved, and I'm only having shorts, tees, sox and briefs washed anyway.

Perhaps I'm remembering how my parents would pack the car with linens, cooking utensils, and other items I would never bring on a vacation to the Catskills 65 years ago.  That wasn't much of a vacation for Mom doing the cooking, cleaning and laundry - life lesson learned early on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

I would recommend packing either soap sheets or pods and dryer sheets.  They are VERY expensive on board.  I do believe that there are specific hours posted for the laundry room, but I can't remember what they are.  I believe it's something like 7am to Midnight, but I could be wrong.

I would second this, but I would also advocate for using the wash and fold service offered. It's $15 (or it was) and if you roll your clothes tightly you can get a lot in the bag. It also negates having to wait around for the laundry to be done. We've had no issues with underthings, jeans, shorts and t-shirts.

Edited by sparks1093
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Ilovesailaway said:

I have a cruise booked on Legend. I am considering doing my own laundry. Can anyone tell me the hours for the laundry room? Also do I need to bring quarters and my own soap?

I would bring my own. They have a little travel size gain at the dollar store I always have in my suitcase. One time they double charged me on their soap machine. Sometimes you have to take your card off of your lanyard otherwise it won't always go far enough into the card reader for it to register.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

We always do our own laundry on the ship, it will be interesting on the Mardi Gras. There were no hours posted in the Laundry room and there were six on the liberty. You entered the room and paid via your room key and could not use quarters even if you had them. We do always bring our own soap and dryer sheets. image.png.123bd0661422b96b5d15961618c7ce55.png image.png.4f6e7315d8f21bfb962c1235e2a3ed45.png

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I would second this, but I would also advocate for using the wash and fold service offered. It's $15 (or it was) and if you roll your clothes tightly you can get a lot in the bag. It also negates having to wait around for the laundry to be done. We've had no issues with underthings, jeans, shorts and t-shirts.

Yep! the $15 bagged laundry is the way to go. If you tightly roll up each article burrito-style and then lay them in the bag one at a time (and use smaller items like socks and unmentionables to fill in small gaps), you can fit a LOT of clothes into the bag. Worth the $15 and five minutes.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ilovesailaway said:

Thank you everyone for the info. I realized that my cabin on my upcoming cruise is close to the laundry room. That made me think that I might want to take advantage and pack light. 

I used to book close to the laundry room on purpose. The one on lido deck. It was easy to drop a load in the wash, step outside for a drink, then come back in and move it to the dryer.

• Like 1

The paper bags that you use to have Carnival wash your laundry... If you roll up your clothes and pack those bags as full as you can possibly get them.... You can fit SIX of those in a single load of laundry when you do it yourself. It's much cheaper to do it yourself. I also wouldn't classify the detergent on the ship as "very expensive", unless you consider $3 expensive. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

The paper bags that you use to have Carnival wash your laundry... If you roll up your clothes and pack those bags as full as you can possibly get them.... You can fit SIX of those in a single load of laundry when you do it yourself. It's much cheaper to do it yourself. I also wouldn't classify the detergent on the ship as "very expensive", unless you consider $3 expensive. 

It's not very expensive as in break the bank expensive but a 32 count pack of Tide pods is $11. A few of those won't take up much room in the luggage and a few is equal to a drink of the day.

• Like 2

It will be our first time on the Pride for the repositioning cruise.  Just figured out we are across from the laundy on board.  Does anyone know if the pride takes quarters or if that uses a card?  Wanting to bring quarters to do a load or two.  I would use the ship laundry but I know there will be several days that I will be hanging out on my balcony so it will be very easy to go switch it out.  Thanks in advance!

Found this on Carnival's website.

On most ships, the machines are operated using your Sail & Sign card for payment. On the following ships, only coins are accepted to operate the machine; change can be obtained at the Guest Service Desk, if needed: Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Elation, Carnival Paradise and Carnival Sensation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mondello said:

Couple mentions of Mardi Gras in this thread. You are all aware there is no self serve laundry on Mardi Gras and Celebration? They only have the ironing board in the room. At least that is what I've seen posted.

That is what I thought. I know I planned to do some laundry one time, only to discover there was no self-laundry on my cruise. I then planned to use the laundry service, but kept forgetting and ended up just not using the laundry (I do always back enough clothes, but normally only one swim suit and one set of nice clothes).

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 3:25 AM, KatPem said:

It will be our first time on the Pride for the repositioning cruise.  Just figured out we are across from the laundy on board.  Does anyone know if the pride takes quarters or if that uses a card?  Wanting to bring quarters to do a load or two.  I would use the ship laundry but I know there will be several days that I will be hanging out on my balcony so it will be very easy to go switch it out.  Thanks in advance!

We are on that one also.   Our daughter-n-law and her mom will be on the Pride this coming week and I will ask her to check it out.  Hopefully she remembers.  

• Like 1