Atexsix, Atexsix, wherefore art thou Atexsix?

dobiemom

38 minutes ago, VennDiagram said:

If you tag him like this @atexsix he will get a notification next time he is signed in on CC.  Since I tagged him, he will get a notification, you don't need to do it. 

I think @dobiemomwas meaning something more personal, like an email or phone number.  He will only get your notification if he logs onto CC.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I think @dobiemomwas meaning something more personal, like an email or phone number.  He will only get your notification if he logs onto CC.

Actually if he has notifications on for email, he will get an email notification as well.  No need to log into CC 😉 

• Like 2

Just now, kazu said:

Actually if he has notifications on for email, he will get an email notification as well.  No need to log into CC 😉 

True, but I have opted out for those email notifications for myself and only do that for certain threads I'm following so just saying..... 

🙏 I'm really praying he is okay. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

How do you tag someone?  Are there instructions somewhere?  

You just use the @ symbol and then start to type the cc members name.

For example for you, @oaktreerb 

31378B82-964E-46B2-9EDA-C3731AAE5EC1.thumb.jpeg.54a091505c45cc273063fef9ce496256.jpeg

and then click on the name that applies (circled in green) and they get tagged.  Hope this helps and makes sense.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

You just use the @ symbol and then start to type the cc members name.

For example for you, @oaktreerb 

31378B82-964E-46B2-9EDA-C3731AAE5EC1.thumb.jpeg.54a091505c45cc273063fef9ce496256.jpeg

and then click on the name that applies (circled in green) and they get tagged.  Hope this helps and makes sense.

note that you must click on the name, if you finish typing it you won't tag the person.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, richwmn said:

note that you must click on the name, if you finish typing it you won't tag the person.

Thanks for clarifying my post, Rich 👍 

3 minutes ago, oaktreerb said:

Thanks @kazu

And voila!  It worked 🙂 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

My point was that tagging someone is likely more effective than JUST starting a thread that the person may or may not see.  There is a notification area at the upper right of the Forum with with an envelope symbol and a bell symbol, and when you are signed in you get a notification that someone has Liked, or Thanked, or Tagged, or Quoted you or your post.  There's nothing like that if your name is just mentioned in a thread title.

• Like 3

On 9/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, VennDiagram said:

If you tag him like this @atexsix he will get a notification next time he is signed in on CC.  Since I tagged him, he will get a notification, you don't need to do it. 

On 9/23/2021 at 12:26 PM, kazu said:

It looks like @atexsix isn’t logging in to CC, or turned off notifications for email, or maybe not logging onto the internet at all. Praying you are OK, Bruno. 🙏

Edited by dobiemom
  • Like 4

Thanks for everybody's concern.  I actually didn't turn on the computer the first week, and spent all of last week catching up at work since I missed 2 1/2 weeks total, some of my job was covered but I can never completely trust that it all got done, so I had to spend a lot of the time going back over various reports.  

I'm feeling way way better, at about 90% now.  Dear Dad has the post cruise blues that most people here have probably experienced.  I'm just happy to have my health back so the blues have had much less of an impact on me.  I know the best way to alleviate it is to book another, but we need more time to reflect on this most recent trip.  We do know one thing, if HAL continues it's current practice of the way they implement testing and whatnot, we will not be sailing them, it was just too much for us.  But in the meantime, we want to take a look at next years itineraries once available and see what's on offer.  

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, atexsix said:

Thanks for everybody's concern.  I actually didn't turn on the computer the first week, and spent all of last week catching up at work since I missed 2 1/2 weeks total, some of my job was covered but I can never completely trust that it all got done, so I had to spend a lot of the time going back over various reports.  

I'm feeling way way better, at about 90% now.  Dear Dad has the post cruise blues that most people here have probably experienced.  I'm just happy to have my health back so the blues have had much less of an impact on me.  I know the best way to alleviate it is to book another, but we need more time to reflect on this most recent trip.  We do know one thing, if HAL continues it's current practice of the way they implement testing and whatnot, we will not be sailing them, it was just too much for us.  But in the meantime, we want to take a look at next years itineraries once available and see what's on offer.  

Hey Bruno

So happy to hear you are on the road to recovery.   I know how your Dad is feeling.     As much as we enjoyed the cruise to Alaska we are also waiting until next year for things to settle down with the testing, etc. before we commit to another cruise.    Hope we cross paths again on a future trip.    

Stay safe.

Maryell

• Like 1

11 hours ago, atexsix said:

Glad that all is well. And thank you for that last comment on your post. We have a Panama cruise booked for April, but the testing piece has me concerned-the timing and the rigmarole that goes with it-both getting to the embarkation (Florida!) and then flying home after disembarkation in Vancouver. (need to figure out if I'd need a test to fly from BC to ON after being out of the country)  I still have a few months before final payment to make up my mind, but I am hesitant for that reason.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

Glad that all is well. And thank you for that last comment on your post. We have a Panama cruise booked for April, but the testing piece has me concerned-the timing and the rigmarole that goes with it-both getting to the embarkation (Florida!) and then flying home after disembarkation in Vancouver. (need to figure out if I'd need a test to fly from BC to ON after being out of the country)  I still have a few months before final payment to make up my mind, but I am hesitant for that reason.

We are local, but the testing was still a pain, the first place we went to had an issue with sick employees, not their fault and they did what they could to rectify it, but it was still a half day lost and two hours of driving.  Then we had Plan B which worked out good and we had results by midnight the same day.  But it was all added stress and driving and time off work.  We couldn't imagine trying to coordinate it with flights and other arrangements out of town.  

While we felt the added testing made us feel safer onboard, and embarkation was super smooth; we didn't feel the aggravation was worth it for a 7 day sailing; normally we sail on trips of at least two weeks and can see jumper through all the hoops for the type of cruise you're planning. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, atexsix said:

We do know one thing, if HAL continues it's current practice of the way they implement testing and whatnot, we will not be sailing them, it was just too much for us

You express my view.  Too many requirements for me; I won't be sailing anytime soon.  Too many hoops to jump through.

• Like 1