Summer 2023 cruise programme.

Son of Bare

4 minutes ago, cruisefan2012 said:

Molecrochip

As our contact on the inside, any idea when Summer 2023 is being released for sale

P&O facebook says " soon " but how soon.........??????????????

Cruisefan2012

Sometime this month.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, tesni said:

Any insider info on the likely routes?

I dont have inside knowledge, but I would guess Iona will be doing 7 night cruises to the fjords, Azura will do 7/14 nt Med fly cruises from Malta, Ventura and Britannia will do a mix of Baltic, Med and Canary cruises, Aurora and Arcadia will be doing longer Med cruises maybe into the Eastern Med and some Baltic cruises, which leaves Arvia, and my guess is it will be doing mainly Med cruises and flogging Rome and Florence to death.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I dont have inside knowledge, but I would guess Iona will be doing 7 night cruises to the fjords, Azura will do 7/14 nt Med fly cruises from Malta, Ventura and Britannia will do a mix of Baltic, Med and Canary cruises, Aurora and Arcadia will be doing longer Med cruises maybe into the Eastern Med and some Baltic cruises, which leaves Arvia, and my guess is it will be doing mainly Med cruises and flogging Rome and Florence to death.

You have obviously read the 2015 brochure as well ! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Yep, that is P&O, nicely predictable.

14 minutes ago, tring said:

Yep, that is P&O, nicely predictable.

Not sure about the "nicely" Barbara. Not so long ago, the smaller ships used to have interesting itineraries but now even their itineraries are becoming very samey...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Not sure about the "nicely" Barbara. Not so long ago, the smaller ships used to have interesting itineraries but now even their itineraries are becoming very samey...

Cannot criticise the ease of predicting the itineraries though. 🙂

• Haha 1

Still some nice ports thrown in amonst the usual ones on Aurora or Arcadia, err once I am ready to cruise again.

What is wrong with this website.  Every time I try to post, I get a huge string of other people's posts, have to log out and in again before it's normal.  Is it just me?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Still some nice ports thrown in amonst the usual ones on Aurora or Arcadia, err once I am ready to cruise again.

What is wrong with this website.  Every time I try to post, I get a huge string of other people's posts, have to log out and in again before it's normal.  Is it just me?

Not just you Jean. I've had loads of problems over the last 48 hours and today is the first day I seem able to use the site normally. Jane.x 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Not just you Jean. I've had loads of problems over the last 48 hours and today is the first day I seem able to use the site normally. Jane.x 

I have been the same. So frustrating to type a reply or fresh comment and not being able to post it. Even clicking to like somebody’s post has not been possible. 

• Like 3

On 10/9/2021 at 11:18 AM, Britboys said:

That’s because without having more fly cruises they are running out of places to go.

1 hour ago, daiB said:

That’s because without having more fly cruises they are running out of places to go.

That's only part of the picture though Dai. They are introducing more fly-cruises but they are on the larger ships which can only berth or refuel at certain, larger, ports. Aurora and Arcadia sail mainly 19 night itineraries but still generally call at ports that are on the 'regular call' list.

I feel P&O are also cutting their cloth to match the lower fares they now generally offer by mostly using ports on a regular basis to get the best deal on port fees etc. It is perfectly understandable in a business sense but doesn't offer much choice to cruisers. Fortunately for P&O, they working very hard on getting new pax on board who are quite happy visiting almost any port on offer as they haven't been there countless times before.

Increasingly, only the smaller lines with smaller ships are offering more unusual port calls.

• Like 1

So,

we know that Iona is likely to continue to the Norwegian Fjords.

we know that Azura is repositioning back to Malta in March 2023.

That leaves us Ventura, Britannia and Arvia. We know that Britannia and Arvia are both repositioning back to Southampton.

Ventura has the covered pool so expect her to cover the Baltics and northern Europe cruises. Arvia also has a covered pool but is designated the sunshine ship so unlikely she will hang around the Baltics too much. Ventura will probably pick up so Iberia cruises too.

That leaves us Britannia and Arvia.

Britannia is quicker than Arvia. Britannia is also not so restricted with bunkering so I expect Britannia to retain the Southampton - Italy - Southampton route.

I was always expecting Arvia to pick up the Canaries route in Summer 2022. It was due to be Oceana in 2021 and with Arvia originally due to launch in May 2022, I then expected Oceana to move on during Spring 2022 . 

With the delay to Arvia, I'm still expecting her Summer 2023 season to be focused around the Canaries. She is due to be the Sunshine ship and is expected to operate from Southampton.

However, I do wonder if between Britannia and Arvia whether schedules may flex to allow a couple of no-fly family Greek island cruises.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

As to on sale date, I'm expecting that to be announced this week. Usual two week pre-registration period etc.

They have held it back until their new cohort of call centre staff are in situ.

Unfortunately due to P&Os dithering and delaying Summer 2023 and for some unknown reason Cunard do not release their programme until after it means that many, including myself, especially as Cunard have stopped their FCD's that will not be able to book whilst onboard and with the extra OBC benefit. I have no doubt that the bean counters at Carnival think that stopping FCD's will save them money as they think that people will still book but in fact will have the opposite as now Cunard will lose out on over £15000 worth of bookings from myself for 2023. TBH I have had my fill of P&O and Cunard and will look elsewhere, non Carnival, for 2023.

51 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

So,

we know that Iona is likely to continue to the Norwegian Fjords.

we know that Azura is repositioning back to Malta in March 2023.

That leaves us Ventura, Britannia and Arvia. We know that Britannia and Arvia are both repositioning back to Southampton.

Ventura has the covered pool so expect her to cover the Baltics and northern Europe cruises. Arvia also has a covered pool but is designated the sunshine ship so unlikely she will hang around the Baltics too much. Ventura will probably pick up so Iberia cruises too.

That leaves us Britannia and Arvia.

Britannia is quicker than Arvia. Britannia is also not so restricted with bunkering so I expect Britannia to retain the Southampton - Italy - Southampton route.

I was always expecting Arvia to pick up the Canaries route in Summer 2022. It was due to be Oceana in 2021 and with Arvia originally due to launch in May 2022, I then expected Oceana to move on during Spring 2022 . 

With the delay to Arvia, I'm still expecting her Summer 2023 season to be focused around the Canaries. She is due to be the Sunshine ship and is expected to operate from Southampton.

However, I do wonder if between Britannia and Arvia whether schedules may flex to allow a couple of no-fly family Greek island cruises.

Thanks for your thoughts. You don’t mention Arcadia and Aurora. Should we read anything into their omission?

• Like 2