Rotterdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

0927Alaska.thumb.png.6ba5cfa1700fe6029b6e23bbb77ff7ac.png

0927NAmerica.thumb.png.ea1f24c2a86a161223c4f02c0aa8c353.png

0927Europe.thumb.png.c3630602c447710bc431cb233b9f738b.png

• Like 34
  • Thanks 9

Good morning.  Thanks for the Monday Daily Report.

A nice collection of days.  Families are important and ancestors are part of the family.  If it weren't for my ancestors, I wouldn't be here.😁  Someday, I'll be on a cruise and I'll be a tourist again.🤞

I've heard that quote before, it's interesting that no one knows who said it first.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  The drink sounds very refreshing on a hot summer day.  Hope the wine is good too.

Another port that I have not been to, maybe someday.  Thanks to all who will post pictures.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 26

Good morning everyone; thanks for the daily report Rich.  Let’s hope we finally control Covid so that world tourism can resume in earnest.  Family Day and Ancestor Appreciation Day seem to go hand in hand, I’ll appreciate both.  Great quote by whomever.  If I would have known today’s menu suggestion yesterday I would have bought that nice pork shoulder that was on sale at the grocery store.  The drink sounds refreshing.  I haven’t been to today’s port so I’ll look forward to seeing the pictures.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.  Enjoy your Monday. I’m counting down the days until we head to Provincetown for a week this Saturday..

• Like 27

Thank you for today's daily Rich.

Interesting days.

Families are important as is ancestry if you are able to trace back.

As someone who first went to Spain 50 years ago with my late mam and dad I have been hooked on foreign holidays ever since.

The quote shows we should concentrate on the present and not get sidetracked by other things.

Nice food and drink.

Sydney was next on our wishlist before covid19.

Prayers for everyone on the care list.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

• Like 27

Good morning everyone.

Today I have an early appointment for blood work.  Nothing wrong, just routine.   Then I'm stopping by Lowe's to get the board I need for my kitchen cabinet to replace the one that is all warped.  Tim is finally coming over on Wednesday to rip the old one out for me.  Then, I'm off to the pool at noon.

The pool will be an interesting experiment.  I am wondering if they are using a new chemical in the water as my eyes burn for the rest of the day when I get home.  I cancelled my lane reservation for yesterday and had no issue with burning eyes.  We'll see what happens today.  

World Tourism Day is a great one.  Wish we could do that.  Family Day is everyday and, as the family historian, I certainly do appreciate my ancestors.  

Today's drink sounds really refreshing!  I make an infused water in the summertime with cucumbers, limes, and mint.  That goes really fast!   

Today's meal is mostly a way to fix pulled pork.  I love pulled pork.  You can do the pork shoulder in the slow cooker and use any topping you want to go along with it.  One recipe site recommends making a batch of pork and keeping it on hand to add to salads and other dishes for protein, kind of the way we do with chicken.   

https://www.fifteenspatulas.com/slow-cooker-bbq-pulled-pork/

Slow-Cooker-Pulled-Pork-Fifteen-Spatulas-11-640x959.thumb.jpg.dbf50ca0ee2a061d15f90b557d987487.jpg

Here is one that uses Dr. Pepper in the crock pot for a twist.   https://www.spendwithpennies.com/dr-pepper-pulled-pork-slow-cooker-recipe/

SpendWithPennies-Crockpot-Pulled-Pork-with-Dr-Pepper-24.thumb.jpg.d02772b6cd6d0cd419ff126962024175.jpg

The seasonings on this next one are a bit different and sound really good to me.   https://damndelicious.net/2014/10/10/slow-cooker-pork-carnitas/

1411157278_Slow-Cooker-Pork-Carnitas(1).thumb.jpg.90f2e547fdf6fb027e57afdf8cb09b0c.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

Thank you for the last Monday Daily of September, Rich.  A great collection of days, and a great quote popularized by Lennon.  Sydney is a wonderful city.  I like the meal selection.  My alternative is Apricot Soup, Rosemary Roast Chicken, and Peach Crisp as served on MS Oosterdam September 27, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/dishes27.jpg

It's going to be a crazy day, and I'm not sure just how much I'll be back today.

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer but responding VERY well
StLouisSal’s friend
Lady Hudson’s BIL in rehab
Sam in rehab an hour away from home but doing well
Sharon’s young friend Jakob recovering at home from Covid
Smitty34877's DGS and DGD with pediatric covid
Tuesday colonoscopy prep for Jazzyv
From the rotation:
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe
Status of Atexsix

Celebrations and Shoutouts

2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Cruising-along on Eurodam
NextOne helping with family move
Jajmd on Nieuw Amsterdam
Welcome home Overhead Fred
Nieuw Statendam in PEV9
Icand9223 away on river cruise
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

Good morning everyone. Family is everything to me and I love the quote but never knew who to attribute it to.

Guess what? I logged into CC and then Holland at about 7am and left. Now, I went back 20:minutes later to my old Holland site to post and it’s working fine. Hard to figure out what or why, but I’ll take it.

Today I have a routine hygienist appointment and she keeps the room so cold because of covid that they gave me a blanket I’ve taken home and used a few times but can’t find it for today. Hopefully they have extra because it’s like the tundra in there.

My grandson, a freshman at a NYS college told me he’s taking training to be an EMT worker and will be on the squad. He’s also thinking he can do it at home over the summer and make some good money. I’m very proud of him.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 31

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Stayed twice (bookends) in Sydney NSW while on a vacation in 2007. I was teaching at the time which meant that we went Down Under during Australia's winter. Stayed in a boutique hotel in The Rocks at the beginning of the trip. At the time, the Sydney area was experiencing torrential rains at times leading to flooding and so had three different rooms because of leaks over the three days we stayed there before moving on to Melbourne. We had a memorable walk across the Sydney Harbor Bridge in the rain!

Sam is back for a followup visit to the vet today. He is a gentle giant at times!

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 25

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists.

Nice collection of days. The quote is true - no matter who said it.

I love pork shoulder - especially done in a BBQ smoker.

Looking at long-range weather forecasts, it looks like the tropics are heating up again with a series of storms comimg off the coast of Africa. We'll have to keep an eye on this. Hurricane season is definitely not over.

Stay safe everyone.

• Like 26

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I'll celebrate all three days. The meal sounds great. Looking forward to the drink recipe and port photos.

Have a magical Monday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 23

Good morning all! 

World Tourism Day is kind of ironic. Most of us haven’t gone very far in the pandemic and I miss traveling beyond my own borders (this is the longest I’ve gone in over 40 years without flying somewhere on a plane ☹️).  Family Day and Ancestor Appreciation Day kind of go hand in hand. I have not done any genealogy (my great great grandparents were named Smith 😉, not sure how easy that research would be). 

Looking forward to the wine and drink info. The pork sounds good and easy; I think it’s a dish where you can be creative with whatever seasonings you like (never thought about Dr. Pepper for the liquid). 

Haven’t been to the destination, but I bet the pictures will be awesome.

My afternoon yesterday at the symphony was fantastic. It was wonderful to see people showing their vaccination “passport” or negative Covid test at the door and then willingly wearing their masks for the afternoon. One of the pieces was called “Dance” by Anna Clyne, it had the most beautiful choreography AND the dancers performed it wearing masks!  If they could breathe during all that strenuous movement, people can sit in the audience wearing them. I thought all the performances I saw this weekend were wonderful although a part of it was the excitement of once again seeing and hearing live performances.

I am off to a planning meeting at church and then a hearing test this afternoon for both me and DH. He lost one of his hearing aids, he pulled it out taking off his mask, stuck it in his pocket and it disappeared. And one of mine died (of course after the warranty expired) so we will be getting new ones.

Prayers for all on the cares list 🙏 and here’s a toast to celebrations everywhere. 🍷.

Take care,

St Louis Sal

• Like 28

Good Morning Everyone from a warm and sunny day at the beach

No evidence of fall here yet and we continue to keep an eye on the tropics. Seems to be heating up again.  

I really like the quote, I have heard it credited to several different people. Family is always important and the first priority. We are 2nd generation as our family came from Ireland thru Ellis Island.  One of my many cousins did a lot of research, sitting with some older relatives and neighbors in the small village where my family came from. Very interesting stuff. She tried to get any medical history, but was always told, " it was their time" even if they were quite young!

Sydney is on our booked Australian circumnavigation for 2022. I really hope that trip goes! If it does, I certainly will be crossing a lot of places off my list. Looking forward to pictures.

Water aerobics today.

Stay safe and enjoy today

• Like 26

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Great selection of days! Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyite family!

I needed a long sleeved shirt this morning. And wished I had thrown on capris instead of shorts. But what a lovely morning for a walk.  Spent a lot of time in the yard cleaning up and dead heading flowers. Bindi did a great job of tangling her tether up in the trees and bushes, while hunting for sun puddles.

An early PT appointment and then the gym. I think leftover salmon and wheat berry salad will be supper tonight. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

DeLille Cellars Chaleur Blanc - Washington

Columbia Valley’s Bordeaux-like white blend, superb ratings and a decent price. Several online distributors with prices starting at $25.00. I believe I have had this one. BTW, I used the 2019 vintage, since it should be easier to find. 

Winemaker Notes

This energetic, canary yellow wine presents a complex nose with aromas of grapefruit, golden hay, lemon zest, petrichor, and pastry dough. The 2019 Chaleur Blanc offers fresh fruit flavors of apricot and white peach on the palate, deliciously balanced with savory herb notes of basil and tarragon. This vintage is well proportioned throughout, with integrated barrel notes and the cuvee's traditional crisp acidity.

Blend: 69% Sauvignon Blanc, 31% Semillon

JD94 Jeb Dunnuck: One of the best Bordeaux Blanc blends coming out of Washington, the 2019 Chaleur Blanc checks in as 69% Sauvignon Blanc and 31% Semillon that was barrel fermented and aged in 60% new oak. Honeyed grapefruit, white flowers, sappy, green herbs, and a kiss of minerality all define the bouquet, and this beauty is medium-bodied, with a beautifully balanced, concentrated mouthfeel and a great finish. It ranks with the top examples of this cuvée I've tasted.

JS93 James Suckling: Dried apple, pear skin, herbs, lemon and cedar on the nose. It’s medium-to full-bodied with bright acidity and tight, textured layers. Concentrated and focused with a long, toasty and balanced finish. 69% sauvignon blanc and 31% semillon. Drink or hold.

RP92 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate: The 2019 Chaleur Blanc celebrates its 25th year with a blend of 69% Sauvignon Blanc and 31% Sémillon. Opening with a beautifully floral nose lifted by the elegance of French oak, the wine has aromas of crushed citrus blossom with subtle notes of cheese rind, juicy yellow apples and Key lime pie nuances that capture your attention. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is broad, waxy and textured, ending with energetic acidity on the long, pleasing finish. The wine was 90% barrel fermented in French oak, 60% first fill.

WW92 Wilfred Wong of Wine.com: The 2019 DeLille Cellars Chaleur Blanc is a classic blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Sémillon. TASTING NOTES: This wine pleasingly combines aromas and flavors of dried herbs, citrus peel, and stone fruits. Pair it with a plate of grilled prawns and mussels. (Tasted: November 2, 2020, San Francisco, CA)

• Like 26
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

My grandson, a freshman at a NYS college told me he’s taking training to be an EMT worker and will be on the squad. He’s also thinking he can do it at home over the summer and make some good money. I’m very proud of him.

Good for him! 

• Like 13

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Monday smile 🙂 

What a great combination of days and I will happily celebrate them all.

Love the quote no matter who it should be attributed to.  @richwmnso along with the daily, you are also the fact checker.  Thanks 🙂 

@mamaofamiI hear you on cold dentist offices.  Mine is always too cold for me too. Good for your DGS taking the EMT training!

@dfishhope the pool water is better for you today and your eyes don’t suffer.

@cat shepardthat wine sounds good (love Semillon) except for the aging in oak.  I’d be willing to take a taste to see if it isn’t too heavy just the same 😉 

Not sure what’s on the menu for tonight but there’s no pork in the fridge or freezer.  We had the pleasure of being in Sydney for several days before we boarded our cruise.  Lovely city and great people.

Weatherman said it would be another deluge today but I see sun poking out.  Do I dare hope?

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Monday everyone!!!!!

27F9D670-863F-4EAA-B094-29AD19909BC6.jpeg.456608920d754a3aa1d009eeb0825814.jpeg

Stay safe and please don’t forget your 😷 

• Like 30
  • Haha 5

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the The Daily. Started the packing process yesterday which turned out quite frustrating. I recently bought a new pair of pants that I’ve worn a couple of times. After over an hour of searching we still have not found them! Going to go and buy a new pair today! Did manage to clean out the closet some!

Another cool morning and will head out for a brisk walk after I finish my coffee and read the paper.

You all have a great and healthy week.

• Like 24

Good Monday morning.  In 96 days I hope to be back to Tourism so will celebrate today by thinking of our next cruise.  Family is so important and a great aunt traced our roots back to William Brewster, one of the travelers on the Mayflower.  I think the quote is fantastic, whomever was the first.

We've had the meal many times, it is so good.  Thank you Debbie for the recipe.  Have not been to Australia, looking forward to the photo's.

Prayers and toasts to our lists.  Virtual hugs to all of us.

Fresh Cucumber Punch:

Ingredients
8 parts simple syrup ½ cucumber, sliced 8 parts lime juice 9 parts Jose Cuervo Especial® Silver* 8 parts aloe vera juice 8 parts lemon juice 4 parts orange juice Cucumber slices for garnish
Preparation
To make simple syrup, mix equal parts hot water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Muddle cucumber with simple syrup and lime juice in a punchbowl or pitcher. Add remaining ingredients, stir gently and garnish with cucumber slices.

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 7.53.48 AM.png

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6