New US Vaccine requirements for Flights - confused

Sistersinlaw

8 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

WOW, flying to St. John just so you can take a cruise.

What would that cost? $400 for the flight, $150 for a night in a hotel, $100 for uber/taxis, $100 for food....    🤯

Seems like a lot of money and hassle to go through just to allow you to hop on a cruise.   

I hear ya.  But sometimes circumstances require these kinds of things. 

Edited by lots-of-km2

9 minutes ago, lots-of-km2 said:

Not if the cruise is priced at many more times that. 

Then it would be $900 for business class to St.  John, $250 for the hotel, $500 for the limo ...... 🙂

Still lots of money and hassle just for a cruise.  I guess going cold turkey on cruises during the the pandemic has cured me of my cruising affliction. 

18 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

WOW, flying to St. John just so you can take a cruise.

What would that cost? $400 for the flight, $150 for a night in a hotel, $100 for uber/taxis, $100 for food....    🤯

Seems like a lot of money and hassle to go through just to allow you to hop on a cruise.   I think I'd rather cancel the cruise and spend a week in St. John...... before the snow comes.😉

Whenever American members of CC confuse St. John's and Saint John I cringe, but your addition of a third city of St. John has me really puzzled. 😇 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

Then it would be $900 for business class to St.  John, $250 for the hotel, $500 for the limo ...... 🙂

Still lots of money and hassle just for a cruise.  I guess going cold turkey on cruises during the the pandemic has cured me of my cruising affliction. 

Nah, not like that at all -- my resources are very finite.   But sometimes specific circumstances require extra expenditure and effort.  I'll leave it at that. 

1 hour ago, abby1257 said:

My brother is going to have to cancel his cruise....He has AZ/Moderna....I know he will get his deposit back from Carnival but should he wait until November to see if Air Canada will not allow him to fly to the US because of his mixed vaccine???

Excellent question. I assume his fare was non-refundable, but AC may have to refund if they can not fly him in. In his shoes, I'd just wait and see, as I don't see any benefit in taking any form of action now.

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

As far as I'm concerned, they can publish the fact that I've two Moderna shots on the front page of the local newspaper. Or the Globe and Mail if you prefer. Vaccinations against COVID isn't is medical information that needs privacy protection. JMO 

So, just spit balling here, any inoculation you might get is fair game then in your mind? 

40 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

So, just spit balling here, any inoculation you might get is fair game then in your mind? 

I think infectious disease inoculations should be a matter of public record.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Excellent question. I assume his fare was non-refundable, but AC may have to refund if they can not fly him in. In his shoes, I'd just wait and see, as I don't see any benefit in taking any form of action now.

Thanks Fouremco....I think you are right....just sit for now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nbsjcruiser said:

38 minutes ago, broberts said:

I think infectious disease inoculations should be a matter of public record.

I'd generally agree with @broberts, particularly when dealing with pandemics and epidemics. I would, however, take into consideration the nature of transmission of the disease. I'd have no reservation with respect to diseases such as COVID, malaria, or influenza, but would withhold information with respect to vaccinations, if available, for STD's or other diseases that might reflect lifestyle choices of the recipient.

On 9/29/2021 at 2:09 PM, nbsjcruiser said:

yep. In fact, what started me down this road was just stopping at Costco one day out of curiosity and asking them if "my spouse" could get a shot. I fed them a line that she was from out of province and had no provincial medicare card. They told me that all they need to see is a form of ID showing that she was a Canadian resident. A few weeks later I had a pre-planned trip to NS and called them ahead of time and explained that I would be in the province when it was time for my next covid shot. Like NB, they told me all I needed was some form of ID showing I'm a Canadian resident. I was given the shot when I arrived there and emailed a link later (after I provided my NB medicare number) to where I could download my certificate. Note: Every province in this country has a separate health care system that are not connected so giving NS my medicare # did not result in any notification to NB because of Privacy Laws.

To get this third shot is going to take a little effort and a white lie on your part. Go to Costco, tell them you just arrived to Ontario a few weeks ago and need your second mRNA shot. See what they say. I would be surprised if they didnt offer you the shot. Be sure to tell them its your second mRNA so it gets noted on your form. You'll then carry that form with the others from Ontario until such time as the vaccine passports systems are on line. When that happens, there will be plenty of room for 3rd, 4th and 5th shots and you always have the option to carry the papers with you.

Wait....what??? No one checks to see if you have already had 2 shots???

16 hours ago, Fouremco said:

In that case, here ya go DD: YSJ. :classic_biggrin:

YSJ is too long. DD from TO, will call it BJ. (Brunswick John). I know technically it's in New Brunswick but calling that Province 'New" is like calling an 80 year old, Jr. 😉

The other one will be FJ. 😄

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Welly9 said:

Isnt this forum about Flights to the US and requirements, and not who should get what and who has what or why>??? ...*shakes his head* 

>> every should just stay in their lane perhaps 

A little thread drift at times is to be expected. Besides, all the posts dealing with third shots and where/how to get them are related to the topic.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, abby1257 said:

Wait....what??? No one checks to see if you have already had 2 shots???

Provincial health records are not shared between provinces.  Therefore, a pharmascist in one province has no way to verify whether someone from another province has already recevied both shots.

• Like 2