Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

Thanks for this great thread. I will be on next month, as a shipload of love winner. I've gone the last few months thinking this would never happen but it looks like it will afterall.

The food looks amazing. Are these all included or are any of these an upcharge? Are there discounted drink of the day specials? 

It really looks so interesting design wise, can't wait to explore. As others have said, I find the "sailor" thing pretty cringe, and not something that would actually appeal to younger people. It will be interesting to see where VV ends up demographics wise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Thanks for this great thread. I will be on next month, as a shipload of love winner. I've gone the last few months thinking this would never happen but it looks like it will afterall.

The food looks amazing. Are these all included or are any of these an upcharge? Are there discounted drink of the day specials? 

It really looks so interesting design wise, can't wait to explore. As others have said, I find the "sailor" thing pretty cringe, and not something that would actually appeal to younger people. It will be interesting to see where VV ends up demographics wise.

The food is great, and all free other than a couple of specialty items at some of the restaurants. (Seafood tower, tomahawk ribeye, ect) Other than that, everything is INCLUDED... I haven't seen any "specials" but the drinks are pretty reasonably priced.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The ship itself and the food are almost enough to make me forget about all the bad stuff... Almost...

That is good to hear.  Maybe the ship looks better in person.  To me most of what I see looks a little cheap, almost IKEA-like and not very comfortable.  I don't see a lot of art (many bare walls) but I see a lot of Instagram posting opportunities.  It's almost like the ship was designed as a giant Instagram set!  LOL.  I'm a big pool person and the pool is a major disappointment.  Whether I like it or not I'm sure glad it exists.  New competition and innovation are great for us consumers and for the industry as a whole. It keeps everyone on their toes and forces everyone to evolve and innovate.  So bravo to VV for that!  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I wonder how many people have actually tried to sit in that hammock?

PXL_20211007_204816770.thumb.jpg.6249cedcdea42a77d6a43fb21ce499ef.jpg

A few more drinks, and I might try it out...

Apparently they're very comfortable... So I've been told! 

• Like 1

On 10/3/2021 at 12:31 PM, Jamman54 said:

Hey sid! Late to the party but I'm tuned in now! 🤗

In case you missed it we're in the window for platinum/diamond to pick arrival times for Panorama. Looks like noon is the earliest. I think the times open up to the general public on Saturday.

Sorry @sid_9169

• Like 1

Loving this thread! Thank you so much for all your time and energy you've put into this. 🙂 

I cruise solo at least once a year (pre 2020, sigh), usually on RCL, Carnival or HAL.  How is it cruising Virgin solo? It seems like even more couples than on other cruise lines. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1