Scarlet Lady / Live / Solo - Oct 6 - 10 2021...

sid_9169

I just spent ten minutes typing something, and pressed reply, and it all disappeared... I don't have what it takes to try and replicate it, so... Let's just say that my dinner at Gunbae had people from both sides of the political spectrum, and one guy got offended, then got up and left. I wasn't the one who offended him, by the way, it was an older guy that served in the Korean war. Anyhoo, it was a great dinner, and I'm stuffed again. I'm not sure how much longer I'll make it tonight...

• Like 7

At dinner tonight, I did my Dr Fauchi impression, which is spot on by the way... Some of the people loved it, while one of the people was offended. We've actually reached the day and age when you can't even make jokes anymore... 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

One thing that I forgot to mention about Bimini... The jellyfish. There are a bunch of them. They're not the kind with tentacles that sting, but they are out there. You can barely see them, if at all, but you can feel it when you bump into one. It feels mushy or slimy, but mostly just bounces right off of you. At one point, I did feel a sensation on my arm, like something, but it wasn't really pain. Just more like itchy for a few minutes, then it went away. There's no rash or mark whatsoever now, but I just thought I would mention it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Rare?

You cook it yourself on the grill in the middle of the table. These delicate pieces took about twenty seconds or so, and they were delicious... An entire wagu steak would be about $75 - $100

• Like 4

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

One thing that I forgot to mention about Bimini... The jellyfish. There are a bunch of them. They're not the kind with tentacles that sting, but they are out there. You can barely see them, if at all, but you can feel it when you bump into one. It feels mushy or slimy, but mostly just bounces right off of you. At one point, I did feel a sensation on my arm, like something, but it wasn't really pain. Just more like itchy for a few minutes, then it went away. There's no rash or mark whatsoever now, but I just thought I would mention it. 

I remember the last jellyfish story....

• Like 3
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I just spent ten minutes typing something, and pressed reply, and it all disappeared... I don't have what it takes to try and replicate it, so... Let's just say that my dinner at Gunbae had people from both sides of the political spectrum, and one guy got offended, then got up and left. I wasn't the one who offended him, by the way, it was an older guy that served in the Korean war. Anyhoo, it was a great dinner, and I'm stuffed again. I'm not sure how much longer I'll make it tonight...

That sounds pretty awkward to have to be in the middle of. Ugh. But glad that the dinner was good otherwise! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, janbear said:

Thats really not much for an extra $1000 or so especially considering the app doesnt seem to be working well enough to make reservations in advance (or not lose them!). I was really hoping that Richard's Rooftop would be a fun place to hang out - that is just so disappointing the bar isn't even open up there! You just saved us a bunch of money! Thanks 🙂 

It may be worth it when the ship is at full capacity…. Doesn’t seem worth it right now.  I will tell you all when I return as I booked a back to back in a sea terrace and then a rockstar.

• Like 3

Sid thanks for the awesome review as always I like the fact that you lay it all out. I think a lot of us will base our decisions if Virgin cruises is something we want to try based on your review. So far other then the food I’m not really down with going backwards in the cruising world. Aka pay as you go drinks, there’s something about getting a bill at the end of my vacation that doesn’t sit well with me. Something that the other cruise operators figured out long ago that including the drink package is the way to go if they want to compete with land package all inclusive vacations.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Not cool with the jellies.  Thank you..

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JustAPilot said:

Sid thanks for the awesome review as always I like the fact that you lay it all out. I think a lot of us will base our decisions if Virgin cruises is something we want to try based on your review. So far other then the food I’m not really down with going backwards in the cruising world. Aka pay as you go drinks, there’s something about getting a bill at the end of my vacation that doesn’t sit well with me. Something that the other cruise operators figured out long ago that including the drink package is the way to go if they want to compete with land package all inclusive vacations.

This, along with no drink prices listed makes me wary. Plus, the inconsistency with pricing that @sid_9169 has pointed out!

• Like 5