Advice Needed - Anniversary dinner on Edge

vehill1976

Hey, everyone! My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary on an upcoming Edge cruise, and I need some advice on where to make dinner reservations. My first instinct is the Fine Cut Steakhouse, but I’m intrigued by the Eden restaurant. I’m also a little worried about the noise level in the steakhouse because of its location (open to the atrium). Which would you choose for a more romantic dinner? (We’ve cruise a couple of times on other lines - RC and Carnival - but this will be our first time on Celebrity.) 

Thanks in advance!

What kind of food do you like? Are you in a suite? An IV?

We did Fine Cut for Valentines Day 2020. Sat at a window table and ate early, 6:15-30. We had the same concerns as you did. Eating early let us avoid the noise and watch the sunset from the window. Like in Luminae, they fill from the windows out, so it got busier as the evening went on. We found the steak only so-so, but I think we should have sent my husbands steak back, honestly. We did not spring the extra charge for the more aged or prime - I can’t remember what the extra charge steaks were, now.

Eden was amazing from a food perspective- best food we e ever had on a cruise. Very much a foodie place, if you are into that. The show has changed, so it was less intrusive when we went, and even less so now, I think. You could arrange with maitre d ahead to get one of the tables in the back corner and it would be quieter and more romantic.

The most romantic to me would be a balcony dinner delivered by your butler - they would make it super special.

I vote Eden, but that’s because of food.

• Like 1

We’ve dined in both, and while our meals in both were excellent, Fine Cut was too noisy for us to have a quiet conversation once live music began in the atrium. We’re having our belated anniversary celebration on Edge next month, in Eden. FWIW we were on a sold out cruise (the first Edge TA to Europe) while ships are sailing at reduced capacity now. Wishing you a wonderful anniversary😊

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 2

Thank you all so much for the advice! We're in an oceanview cabin. We've had balconies on both of our previous cruises, and while they were nice, we hardly spent any time on them. We thought we'd save a little money this time around and see if we miss the balcony. I like pretty much all types of food, but my husband is definitely less adventurous than I am. However, he's always up for something fun. I've heard from multiple people that Eden was the best meal they've had on a cruise ship. I think I'm leaning that way. It will definitely be memorable! While we both love a steakhouse, we tend to eat later and I'm thinking that Fine Cut might be too noisy be the time we'd like to eat.

We did not have much interest in the Eden restaurant, but SO MANY POEPLE told us how wonderful it was that we decided to go during our cruise last month and it did NOT disappoint. It became our new favorite specialty restaurant. Seriously, give it a shot. The venue is lovely and the presentation outstanding.

We also like Fine Cut, don't get me wrong, but Eden was special.

• Like 1

Just to throw out another option to consider:

We normally always book specialty restaurants on a cruise, but on our recent  Edge cruise, we were intrigued about the 4 MDRs.  We wondered how we'd like them, and if they would all be good.  

Truth be told, they were all wonderful, with our favorites being Normandie and Cosmopolitan ... we ate there 4 of the 7 nights, and had 4 of the best meals ever!  We were so happy that we'd decided to pass on the specialty restaurants on this trip.  Not to say that we won't try specialties  on another E-class ship, but for this cruise, we were so pleased with the 4 MDR choices.

So ... lovely decor, fantastic service, awesome meal, romantic table, moon shining in the window, and .... No Charge!  

Something to consider. 🤔

• Like 1

Y'all are the best! So, I've made a reservation for Eden on our anniversary. And Robkat, I'm so excited about the four MDRs. If it were not a seven-night cruise (and not our anniversary) we probably wouldn't even bother with a specialty restaurant. I'm pretty sure with all of the variety included at no extra charge, it will be our only one for the whole trip!

• Like 4

Be sure to note on your reservation that you are celebrating your anniversary!

Our recent cruise ended the day before our actual anniversary and I was advised by our TA to mark it as two days prior.

We received a bottle of sauvignon blanc in our cabin and the night of our "anniversary" were presented with a chocolate cake after dinner. Perhaps these gifts were due to our status with Celebrity or perhaps all guests with special occasions are feted similarly.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:55 PM, vehill1976 said:

Y'all are the best! So, I've made a reservation for Eden on our anniversary. And Robkat, I'm so excited about the four MDRs. If it were not a seven-night cruise (and not our anniversary) we probably wouldn't even bother with a specialty restaurant. I'm pretty sure with all of the variety included at no extra charge, it will be our only one for the whole trip!

Good choice for Eden.  We had a rail table in Fine Cut and asked to be moved because of the noise from the Martini Bar below.  Rude people actually crowded around our table taking pictures and videos of the bartender show! 

We cruised on the Edge in mid September and got a two for one deal at Fine Cut on the first night. The crew was really pushing specialty restaurants, probably because the ship wasn’t very full and that’s an extra way to make money. I didn’t hear of any other discounts being offered; however, we waved off most of the crew when asked about dining in other specialty restaurants since we already had reservations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Be sure to note on your reservation that you are celebrating your anniversary!

Our recent cruise ended the day before our actual anniversary and I was advised by our TA to mark it as two days prior.

We received a bottle of sauvignon blanc in our cabin and the night of our "anniversary" were presented with a chocolate cake after dinner. Perhaps these gifts were due to our status with Celebrity or perhaps all guests with special occasions are feted similarly.

I did put it in our reservation. I don't know if we'll get any special perks, but I figured it couldn't hurt. Also, I thought I'd talk to the maitre d maybe the day before and ask for a good table. Thanks!

We dined in fine cut last night and although we had a great meal and will most likely go again I wouldn’t recommend going there if you want a quiet romantic dinner, it’s actually our anniversary tomorrow and we’ve made a reservation for Eden so I will update how that was after… 😊

as previously mentioned it’s completely open to the noise of the martini bar (and others) and when the martini bar does the martini show event it’s very loud and lights flashing like crazy, along with that we noticed a load of people get up and go watch the show over the balcony on the end of the restaurant. This wasn’t really an issue for us as we were seated on the other side of the restaurant (by the window) but it would’ve been annoying if we were seated by the other edge… 

i hope whatever you do you have a great dinner 😊

On 9/28/2021 at 9:08 AM, cangelmd said:

What kind of food do you like? Are you in a suite? An IV?

We did Fine Cut for Valentines Day 2020. Sat at a window table and ate early, 6:15-30. We had the same concerns as you did. Eating early let us avoid the noise and watch the sunset from the window. Like in Luminae, they fill from the windows out, so it got busier as the evening went on. We found the steak only so-so, but I think we should have sent my husbands steak back, honestly. We did not spring the extra charge for the more aged or prime - I can’t remember what the extra charge steaks were, now.

Eden was amazing from a food perspective- best food we e ever had on a cruise. Very much a foodie place, if you are into that. The show has changed, so it was less intrusive when we went, and even less so now, I think. You could arrange with maitre d ahead to get one of the tables in the back corner and it would be quieter and more romantic.

The most romantic to me would be a balcony dinner delivered by your butler - they would make it super special.

I vote Eden, but that’s because of food.

I"m traveling solo on Edge and booked dinner in Eden for my 70th birthday on October 24th.  The 5 course menus and related YouTube videos made it look like a perfect choice for me.  However, the current sample menu is far less interesting, offering only an appetizer, entre, and dessert.  It's sad enough to find that solo cruisers must dine alone at every meal, so I hope the dining experience will not be disappointing.

1 hour ago, OctoberLace said:

I"m traveling solo on Edge and booked dinner in Eden for my 70th birthday on October 24th.  The 5 course menus and related YouTube videos made it look like a perfect choice for me.  However, the current sample menu is far less interesting, offering only an appetizer, entre, and dessert.  It's sad enough to find that solo cruisers must dine alone at every meal, so I hope the dining experience will not be disappointing.

On the Celebrity App, the Eden menu for the current (Oct 2) Edge sailing is the 5 course, 2 choice menu. Assuming they don't change it in the next few weeks, you will not be disappointed.

• Like 1