Final payment date adjusted to 60 day

cruisestitch

12 minutes ago, cruiztime said:

I am not sure what you mean. Are TA group bookings not included in this change to 60 days?

A contracted group is not the same thing as a group rate from a TA. 60 day final payment still applies to regular group rates you get through TA channels. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

A contracted group is not the same thing as a group rate from a TA. 60 day final payment still applies to regular group rates you get through TA channels. 

If that's the case, I'm going to ask my TA to reconfirm with Celebrity if we are in a group rate and it applies, or we are in a "contracted group" and it doesn't apply.

BTW, what's a contracted group?  A themed group booking a portion of the ship, maybe?

8 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

If that's the case, I'm going to ask my TA to reconfirm with Celebrity if we are in a group rate and it applies, or we are in a "contracted group" and it doesn't apply.

BTW, what's a contracted group?  A themed group booking a portion of the ship, maybe?

Your TA knows (by extension you) if you are booked into a group rate....

How to know this? Do you have a 'great rate' on your sailing or a 'standard' X rate?

bon voyage

2 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Your TA knows (by extension you) if you are booked into a group rate....

How to know this? Do you have a 'great rate' on your sailing or a 'standard' X rate?

bon voyage

I'm in a group rate -- I already know this as it is why I booked.  It was much cheaper than a standard X rate.

Question is, is a group rate the same as a contracted group.  I'm asking my TA the question.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Yes it’s a large(r) group. Sometimes referred to as a partial charter (even though that isn’t a thing), incentive trip, employer reward, that type of thing. You would know if you were in one of those groups. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

17 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

I wouldn’t be too concerned. We had the same problem, including the message you received, with check-in for our Silhouette Caribbean cruise departing Nov. 12.

X closed check in temporarily (I think a couple of weeks)  then re-opened it today. I was very concerned too, but when I went online to check today,  everything was in place, including our early check in time.

I'm on this sailing also. Getting nervous as previous sailing which has been cancelled gives 11 days of quarantine and they need 14

6 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Yes it’s a large(r) group. Sometimes referred to as a partial charter (even though that isn’t a thing), incentive trip, employer reward, that type of thing. You would know if you were in one of those groups. 

Thanks.  Then I suppose being in a group rate with my TA, I'm eligible for the 60 day thingy.

2 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We cancelled a cruise for December that had final payment on September 11. I would have kept it. I just didn’t want to have another FCC if we had decided not to sail. Oh well. 

You could always rebook now with the new rules.

5 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

Thanks.  Then I suppose being in a group rate with my TA, I'm eligible for the 60 day thingy.

My TA tells me that I am not eligible because I am in a group rate.  I've asked the question several ways, and get the same answer.  I would pursue the issue with Celebrity, but not worth the time & effort since I will be going on this cruise whether final payment is 90 or 60 days out. 

8 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

We cancelled a cruise for December that had final payment on September 11. I would have kept it. I just didn’t want to have another FCC if we had decided not to sail. Oh well. 

If it makes you feel better, not canceling wouldn’t have given you another 30 days to make a decision. We’re on that cruise, we don’t have a Group booking, and our final payment was still September 11th. Celebrity made this change after we had already paid.

14 hours ago, Silkroad said:

If it makes you feel better, not canceling wouldn’t have given you another 30 days to make a decision. We’re on that cruise, we don’t have a Group booking, and our final payment was still September 11th. Celebrity made this change after we had already paid.

We're on a Dec. 3 cruise.  Our final payment was back on Sept. 4, so no way this new policy was of help to us.  Yet a little while ago, I rec'd one of those Celebrity email alerts with "An Important Update" regarding my upcoming cruise.  My heart stopped for a second, since those emails often bring unwelcome news, especially when accompanied, as this one was, with a request to click a link to confirm receipt.  Turned out the "important update" was to let us know of the new policy for final payment within 60 days for cruises departing Dec. 1, 2021-March 33, 2022, a policy issued too late to be applicable to our cruise and many other cruises departing in December.   Love Celebrity's IT! 🤣

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

We're on a Dec. 3 cruise.  Our final payment was back on Sept. 4, so no way this new policy was of help to us.  Yet a little while ago, I rec'd one of those Celebrity email alerts with "An Important Update" regarding my upcoming cruise.  My heart stopped for a second, since those emails often bring unwelcome news, especially when accompanied, as this one was, with a request to click a link to confirm receipt.  Turned out the "important update" was to let us know of the new policy for final payment within 60 days for cruises departing Dec. 1, 2021-March 33, 2022, a policy issued too late to be applicable to our cruise and many other cruises departing in December.   Love Celebrity's IT! 🤣

I received one this morning also. I was pretty irritated at Celebrity when I read it! 

I’ll paraphrase: Dear Guest, Great news! We’re giving everyone having cruises departing 1 December 2021 through 31 March 2022 thirty more days to make final payment! Oops, our bad, not you actually, but please click this link to acknowledge receipt of this urgent, exciting news!

I feel really appreciated😂 How about you?

Edited by Silkroad

1 minute ago, scidee said:

Also received this email today.  Nowhere was I asked to acknowledge it.  We don't sail until March 7, 2022.  Our Nov and Jan are already paid for.

The link was at the very top of my email, just above the blue Celebrity Cruises banner.

• Like 1