Final payment date adjusted to 60 day

cruisestitch

9 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

We have a January sailing on RCL.  I look forward to seeing if that policy will apply to Celebrity's sister line(s).

RCCL announced a few weeks ago that cruises between Oct 1 and Dec 31 final payment will be due 30 days out. I'd expect this to get pushed out as winter continues. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

RCCL announced a few weeks ago that cruises between Oct 1 and Dec 31 final payment will be due 30 days out. 

Again, we're January.  While I would like to think they would extend it, I ain't counting chickens yet.

I just saw this post no more than 15 minutes after we made final payment on our Dec 2021 Xmas cruise on the Connie which was due last Friday. The funny thing was we were waiting on the return of some FCCs from our 2 cancelled Asia cruises in April to finish paying for the Xmas cruise which our CVP gave us the go-ahead not to make final payment until she heard back from accounting.

Then we received word about 2 hours ago from our CVP that Celebrity decided to automatically generate full refunds back to our CC for those two cruises, which our CVP is saying includes the FCC funds. I guess Celebrity is also getting tired of dealing with these FCCs that keep jumping from canceled cruise to canceled cruise. But, of course, no mentioning by our CVP of the 60 day change to the final payment date extending it to late October; hence we made the final payment. 

Of course, that begs the question will the "full refund" back to our CC include the 25% extra we got from the FCCs or not? I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much actually shows up back on the CC (whenever that might be).

Just a small side note. Our previous CVP of 8 years up and quit a couple of weeks ago and we were reassigned to our current CVP who is probably being overworked as well. But, at the same time business is business and it's looking pretty good that we will be booking any new Celebrity cruises with our current TA, who already gets all of our of cruise business. Our prior CVP was just that good, at least to us that is, and he will be missed! 😎

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Grrrrr. I made final payment for a December cruise a couple weeks ago. We immediately checked in, received online boarding passes, and were happy to secure early an boarding time. A week later, our boarding passes disappeared and the message “Check-in opens October 26” appeared on the app. Maybe they’d like to refund my money until next month! 

No word from my TA for our cruise in mid March, but I imagine that not all TAs received the notification from Celebrity at the same timen. Nor would they all pass it on as quickly, so I'll give it a week then enquire if I've still not received anything.

53 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Grrrrr. I made final payment for a December cruise a couple weeks ago. We immediately checked in, received online boarding passes, and were happy to secure early an boarding time. A week later, our boarding passes disappeared and the message “Check-in opens October 26” appeared on the app. Maybe they’d like to refund my money until next month! 

I wouldn’t be too concerned. We had the same problem, including the message you received, with check-in for our Silhouette Caribbean cruise departing Nov. 12.

X closed check in temporarily (I think a couple of weeks)  then re-opened it today. I was very concerned too, but when I went online to check today,  everything was in place, including our early check in time.

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cbfb said:

Too funny. I literally made my final payment a few hours ago for 3 cabins on a 1/3/2022 sailing. Oh well! 

Is that Equinox on 1/3?  We are on the same sailing.  I've been waiting for a substantial refund from Celebrity before paying off the balance for January cruise.  No guarantee that I'll get the refund any time soon, but good to know I have extra time to pay the balance.

13 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Have not gotten anything yet for our March cruise.

It’s automatic. I checked my January Apex and March Edge cruises and final payment is now at 60 days instead of 90.

mac_tlc

16 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I just saw this post no more than 15 minutes after we made final payment on our Dec 2021 Xmas cruise on the Connie which was due last Friday. The funny thing was we were waiting on the return of some FCCs from our 2 cancelled Asia cruises in April to finish paying for the Xmas cruise which our CVP gave us the go-ahead not to make final payment until she heard back from accounting.

Then we received word about 2 hours ago from our CVP that Celebrity decided to automatically generate full refunds back to our CC for those two cruises, which our CVP is saying includes the FCC funds. I guess Celebrity is also getting tired of dealing with these FCCs that keep jumping from canceled cruise to canceled cruise. But, of course, no mentioning by our CVP of the 60 day change to the final payment date extending it to late October; hence we made the final payment. 

Of course, that begs the question will the "full refund" back to our CC include the 25% extra we got from the FCCs or not? I guess we'll just have to wait and see how much actually shows up back on the CC (whenever that might be).

Just a small side note. Our previous CVP of 8 years up and quit a couple of weeks ago and we were reassigned to our current CVP who is probably being overworked as well. But, at the same time business is business and it's looking pretty good that we will be booking any new Celebrity cruises with our current TA, who already gets all of our of cruise business. Our prior CVP was just that good, at least to us that is, and he will be missed! 😎

Nope, only the original amount paid is due, unless someone else has had luck in getting the extra 25%, it would have been reported here on CC by now...

bon voyage

8 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

Nope, only the original amount paid is due, unless someone else has had luck in getting the extra 25%, it would have been reported here on CC by now...

bon voyage

You're probably right. But we were looking to use that "soon to be freed up" 125% FCC on our upcoming Xmas cruise and we weren't even given the option to do so.

Here's what our CVP told us in an email:

I just heard back from our accounting team this morning and it appears the full amounts, including FCCs, for Bookings xxxxxxx and yyyyyyy have been fully refunded (this was an automated trigger from the system).

Which begs the question, prior to this week has anyone personally experienced automatically receiving a full refund back on their CC without asking, which included the conversion of any FCC used in part to pay the cruise fare down minus the 25%, when Celebrity cancelled a cruise?

I'm just curious if this is a new policy to get out of the FCC "recycling" business, as I'm sure it can be a pain to keep track of all this as they continue to periodically cancel cruises like over in Asia where folks have used FCC from previously cancelled cruises to pay down the bill.

• Thanks 1