Best Wines? - Premium Drink Package

CruisinCorey2525

Searching didn't bring anything up. For those who have been on Celebrity recently, or are familiar with the current wine offerings, are there any that stand out? I prefer red, but white is okay. 

Just seeing what is worth getting, so I don't either pour a glass out, or drink something that is vinegar. 

TIA!

The German Riesling Cabernet I had on the Edge by way of my PBP during our B3B was great and that's pretty much all I drank unless I bought a wine pairing at either the Chef's Table (for $60 pp) or at Le Petit Chef (for $15 pp). But, then, I enjoy German wines that don't have that over-powering acidic taste like many of the Italian, French and California wines seem to have. But that's just me.  

28 minutes ago, MartinsCruise said:

We were on the 9/17 sailing of the Equinox and I was disappointed with the selection of wines if you weren't in a dining venue.  Since Cellar Masters is no longer there, I was told that there is no other place to get a premium wine during the day.

And we thought you only hung out at the Martini Bar!😉 How are you both doing? We certainly enjoyed sailing with you in 4/17 on the Reflection to the Southern Caribbean. 

Shirley and Chuck

Decoy Cab. There was also a very good Merlot as well as a Zinfandel. I can’t remember the name of either right now, but they were both close to the $15 limit. 

As for white, Mer Soliel Chardonnay, but we noted some bottle variation. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The German Riesling Cabernet I had on the Edge by way of my PBP during our B3B was great and that's pretty much all I drank unless I bought a wine pairing at either the Chef's Table (for $60 pp) or at Le Petit Chef (for $15 pp). But, then, I enjoy German wines that don't have that over-powering acidic taste like many of the Italian, French and California wines seem to have. But that's just me.  

Ken , Reisling is a white wine , Cabernet is a red wine

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Also as an FYI, though not my favourite bar you may find the Passport Bar during the day has a fairly good selection of wines.  Or the Ensemble Lounge (though this one used to only open at about 5 pm). 

One of my few issues with the Equinox is the inconsistency of the wines served at the bars. Have to make the rounds if you’re looking for something in particular on the higher end of the Premium package. 

1 minute ago, lhsail said:

One of my few issues with the Equinox is the inconsistency of the wines served at the bars. Have to make the rounds if you’re looking for something in particular on the higher end of the Premium package. 

If you frequent one of the bars regularly and let them know your preference, I bet they will have it there for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MartinsCruise said:

We were on the 9/17 sailing of the Equinox and I was disappointed with the selection of wines if you weren't in a dining venue.  Since Cellar Masters is no longer there, I was told that there is no other place to get a premium wine during the day.

I agree. I’m a white wine drinker and I have always struggled finding a wine I like with the premium package. 

44 minutes ago, hasentreelake said:

We are creatures of habit....
Decoy Cabernet for him
Mer Soleil Chardonnay for her
If they didn't have it, they went and found it (on Summit last week)

Yep, those Summit bartenders went to any lengths to make you happy. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

Cellars had a few scotch’s and wines above the drink package limit , which we would order and just pay the difference.

1 hour ago, lhsail said:

Yep, those Summit bartenders went to any lengths to make you happy. 

Celebrity has great bartenders on all there ships and I will drink to that 😁. Great thing about the drink package is you can experiment, if you don’t like it order something else.

6 hours ago, MartinsCruise said:

No more Cellar Masters? Awww...

12 hours ago, ChuckL said:

And we thought you only hung out at the Martini Bar!😉 How are you both doing? We certainly enjoyed sailing with you in 4/17 on the Reflection to the Southern Caribbean. 

Shirley and Chuck

Martinis before dinner and wine with dinner. 😉  We're doing well and hope to see you sometime again!

12 hours ago, Josie201 said:

Also as an FYI, though not my favourite bar you may find the Passport Bar during the day has a fairly good selection of wines.  Or the Ensemble Lounge (though this one used to only open at about 5 pm). 

Good to know.  I'll check it out in November.  The sommelier I spoke with didn't think any of the bars had premium choices but I should have checked for myself.