The Daily for Wednesday September 29, 2021

richwmn

Today is Confucius Day, Broadway Musicals Day, and National Coffee Day

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?' - Martin Luther King, Jr."

Meal suggestion for today - Toasted Ravioli

Drink of the Day - Margarita

Wine of the day - L'Ecole No 41 Ferguson Vineyard - Washington - Red

Destination of the Day - Victoria Mahe Seychelles

Ships with Passengers

Glacier Bay, AK
Nieuw Amsterdam

Nafplion, GR
Eurodam 07:00 - 15:00

Ships without Passengers

At Sea Pacific
Koningsdam Drifting
Noordam Destination Puerto Vallarto MX eta 10/4

Corfu GR
Volendam
Zaandam

Ensenada MX
Westerdam
Zuiderdam Anchorage

Rotterdam NL
Rotterdam

Scheveningen NL
Oosterdam Anchorage

Stirrup Cay
Nieuw Statendam Anchorage

0929Alaska.png

0929NAmerica.png

0929Europe.png

• Like 33
  • Thanks 7

Thanks for today’s report Rich and happy Wednesday everyone.  I tip my hat to Confucius and Broadway musicals.  I just took my first sip of coffee today and never leave home without it.  Today’s quote is something we should do often.  We’ve been eating low carb for a while so will pass on the meal suggestion although it sounds interesting.  I enjoy a homemade Margarita from time to time, no sour mix in this house!  I haven’t been to today’s port so look forward to seeing the photos.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list and cheers to everyone celebrating a happy event today.  

• Like 28

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day!  Thanks for the Daily Report.

Happy Confucius Day.  I'd love to go to Broadway and see a musical.  I'm not much of a coffee drinker lately, I used to drink 4 or 5 cups a day but not now.

Great quote.

The meal sounds interesting.

I'd love a Margarita on a BHB, maybe next year.🤞  Hope the wine is good too.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of today's destination.

Prayers for everyone.  A toast for all the celebrations.

Stay safe.

• Like 23

Good morning, everyone!

I'm happy to report that yesterday's discomfort has become last night's uninterrupted sleep.   My back has been waking me up during the night for some time now.  I just need to change position for it to let me get back to sleep on most occasions.   Last night is the first night in a long time that it hasn't woken me up.   I hope it isn't just coincidence.  

Toasted ravioli is breaded deep-fried ravioli, usually served as an appetizer. It was created and popularized in St. Louis, Missouri at two restaurants, Mama Campisi's and Charlie Gitto's.  Most recipes are basically the same, but some offer some alternatives.

Your basic recipe:  https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/toasted-ravioli-recipe-1973737

690409531_toastedravioli.jpeg.7b00b205d4daf6a75b3db0131d96f82a.jpeg

This site offers some suggestions on how to do things differently as well as air fryer directions.  Air frying would seem to be a bit healthier than deep frying.  https://chefsavvy.com/toasted-ravioli/

step-by-step-pictures-fried-raviolis.thumb.jpg.dc282316eec00440f65a40d05d04b985.jpg

And this one offers directions on working from scratch.   https://www.lilvienna.com/toasted-ravioli-from-scratch/

Toasted-Ravioli-recipe-Super-Bowl-683x1024.thumb.jpg.dde4ec7fa6a92f8af356ef350b6878a2.jpg

Have a great day, everyone!  Time for me to go enjoy Coffee Day.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 6

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

Hats off to Confucius. Coffee and Musicals are two of my favorite things. In fact I got a free about an hour and a half ago.

Great quote. The meal sounds good, but no idea what's for dinner tonight. My DMIL likes to go out a lot.

Left the house at 4:00 this morning. Getting gas near Dobbins Air Force Base and switching drivers so I will wish everyone a Wonderful Wednesday and check back later today.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 25

Thank you for the Hump Day Daily, Rich.  A big salute to Confucius from this coffeeholic.  This Come From Away fanatic certainly appreciates Broadway Musicals.  I haven't been to today's port.

The meal suggestion sounds nice.  My alternative is Chilled Raspberry Soup, Oven Roast Chicken, and Mango Blueberry Crisp as served on MS Oosterdam September 29, 2017.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/dishes29.jpg

Today’s care list:

Welfare of furloughed crews
Western wildfires
cat shepard’s friend undergoing chemo for stage four cancer but responding VERY well
StLouisSal’s friend
Lady Hudson’s BIL in rehab
VMax1700 fractured collarbone
Sam in rehab an hour away from home but to be released Thursday
Smitty34877's DGS and DGD with pediatric covid(improving)
From the rotation:
NextOne DDIL with long haul Covid
Krazy Kruizer DH Joe

Celebrations and Shoutouts

Welcome aboard SailandCruise
2 BHB with passengers
Front Line Health Care Workers
Cruising-along on Eurodam
Jajmd on Nieuw Amsterdam
Irishjim feeling better
3 days for Aliaschier
7 days for Vict0riann, VMax1700, and NextOne
Icand9223 away on river cruise
Jakob feeling better
Live4Cruises booking Come From Away
and Staff Captain Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 31
  • Thanks 8

Good morning Rich and Daily-ites. Hope everyone behaved while I was away from our Daily. Just in case.. Prayers and Cheers to ALL of you!

It was a crazy 5 days, but met some great guys and their wives. Always a story about their tours in Vietnam. 

Today I am preparing to move everything out of our master bath. Contractor said to pack for 3 weeks, as everything will be covered in plastic sheeting while the roll in shower is being built.

Going back to read past Dailies. Have an awesome day!

0925211647b.jpg

0925211647a.jpg

0925212117a.jpg

• Like 37

Good Morning everyone! Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, and thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebrations Report. And thank you everyone for caring and sharing!

Love Margaritas on the rocks but prefer one made with Mescal.

Getting our booster in about an hour.  🙂

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 24

Good morning from another coffeeholic!  Usually 2 a day unless we're on a BHB.  Then it is "several" caramel latte's from the Explorations cafe.  Confucius has many good quotes.  Never been to a Broadway musical, on the bucket list.  I like the King quote.  Have not been to today's port, looking forward to the photo's.  The meal looks so good.

Temps are finally beginning to fall here, it was refreshing outside this morning.

Prayers and toasts to our list.  Virtual hugs to all of us.

Stay safe, continue to social distance, and please wear your mask.

Margarita:

A margarita is a cocktail consisting of tequila, orange liqueur, and lime juice often served with salt on the rim of the glass. The drink is served shaken with ice, blended with ice, or without ice. Wikipedia
Main alcohol: Tequila
Ingredients: 1 oz Cointreau, 1 oz Lime juice, 2 oz Tequila
Preparation: Rub the rim of the glass with the lime slice to make the salt stick to it. Shake the other ingredients with ice, then carefully pour into the glass (taking care not to dislodge any salt). Garnish and serve over ice.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Lime slice, Salt on the rim
Drinkware: Margarita glass

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 7.14.58 AM.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Good Morning. Thanks for the daily and the lists.

Confucius was a very wise philosopher and gave us lots to think about.

I have been fortunate to attend quite a few broadway musicals. They have been a major influence in my life. 

Love ravioli and have had the "toasted" version but prefer the traditional method of cooking.

Margaritas are DWs favorite.

Stay safe everyone

• Like 23

Good morning, Daily Friends, sipping my coffee as I type!  Confucius Day - who knew! 

Love a good Broadway Musical but haven't been in quite some time - last show I saw was Kiss Me Kate! and included a wonderful meal at Carmine's in NY.  I think my favorite of all time was one I saw MANY years ago...Patti LuPone as Evita Peron in Evita!.  It was an amazing performance and one I will never forget.

Toasted Ravioli is a delight, especially with a delicious sauce to complement.  I have to say though, I am intrigued by Roy's alternate selection because of the chilled raspberry soup.  I adore fruit soups and they are so rare to find nowadays.

Margaritas are a favorite, especially when a good tequila is used.  I prefer mine without the salted rim and will order a shot of Grand Marnier to add a new dimension of flavor.  Love them so much, I will always make sure I have a designated driver if ordering while out.  Tequila is so good, but it hits hard.

Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful photos of your visits to Seychelles!

Thank you to Rich for the data of the day and Roy for managing the lists.  It's been good to see the posts of those with challenges improving - the power of all our positive vibes.  Continues good thoughts to all who need them, and high-fives to those celebrating!

Have a great day all - check in later.

• Like 28

Good afternoon.

It was a cool but sunny 42°F this morning and it is now 52°F and sunny.

Thank you Rich for today's daily and Roy for the care list and celebrations list.

Confucius was a great philosopher.

Pauline loves Broadway musicals.

I have several coffee's a day and had coffee with my full English breakfast in the shopping centre mall this morning.

I will pass on the food and drink and as always I look forward to seeing photos from today's port especially since we have never been there.

Prayers 🙏 for those on the care list.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Screenshot_20210929_122125.jpg

IMG_20210929_093244.jpg

• Like 33

Good morning all!

What a wonderful collection of days! Coffee is my thing, never start the morning without it. I love Broadway musicals. Although I haven’t been to New York in quite a few years (not since 2014 when I saw Neil Patrick Harris in Hedwig and the Angry Inch), we are lucky to have Broadway tours here at the Fox Theatre (a rehabbed old movie theatre known for it’s “Siamese Byzantine” architecture, will share a picture) plus our local Stages Theatre which is where I saw “Jersey Boys” the other night. It’s hard to know what Confucius actually said as people attribute just about anything to him.

I love the Martin Luther King, Jr. quote.

Toasted ravioli is a St Louis tradition, but not at all healthy. It’s on the menu at many places here, but the best locations are on “the Hill” where the good Italian food can be found. That is where baseball catcher Yogi Berra (“it’s like deja vu all over again” and “when you come to a fork in the road, take it”) grew up and played sandlot baseball (along with Joe Garagiola and Jack Buck, who both became broadcasters).

I love Margaritas and I bet I will love today’s wine.

Haven’t been to today’s destination, I bet the pictures will be gorgeous.

Prayers to all on the care list 🙏 and here’s to everyone with something special to celebrate 🍷.

St Louis Sal

12CC1A64-4FD9-4F4E-AC2D-032003069969.webp

627A3BBB-88E3-4ADC-8B88-E19131FBCDB6.jpeg

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

DH reminded me that although we haven't been to Broadway we've seen many of the plays.  In the early to mid 60's there were the Kenley players in Warren Ohio.  Many of the stars were brought in for the plays.  Then we went to Cleveland to many, Jersey Boys, The Lion King, Phantom, to name a few.

• Like 18

Good Morning, Everyone!  I’m back home from a Uniworld cruise around the Venetian Lagoon with a pre-cruise two night stay in the Prosecco Region of Italy.  The trip was a good one.  Even though rain was predicted for every day, we had none.  The skies were pretty much cloud free for the entire time.

Travel was interesting.  You needed to have your original vaccination record and a picture ID with you constantly.  The documents were checked everywhere.  Our group was the first group that several of our guides had had since pre-pandemic days.  One apologized for her broken English since she hadn’t used it in so long.  (We assured her that she was doing a beautiful job.)

I’ve missed all of you!

• Like 34

Good morning everyone. I start every day with a cup of  coffee , but only one and that’s it for the day. Love the quote. I love all Broadway musicals and living so close to NYC as a child, I started seeing them when I was very young. My first was called High Button Shoes. I was so taken with Rodgers and Hammerstein that I wrote a paper about them when I was in high school. I also had the opportunity to meet Susan Rodgers, daughter of Richard many years later. When I was in college in Ohio, I saw Mary Martin in person. She sat at the edge of the stage with her feet hanging over and took requests.

Today is my last day alone since Sam comes home tomorrow and we are invaded by a new aide who we can’t manage without, but we both hate having someone living in. Hopefully it will only be for a short time.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

• Like 32

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our Hump Day smile 🙂 

Love Confucius & Broadway Musicals.  I just have to start my day with coffee:

F7C74CDE-3593-4FEE-BD52-ACA81D00457B.jpeg.a9d59df7de8aa96e28e8573701e789ac.jpeg

Love the quote by MJK Jr.  if only more would think like this!

Roy had me at the chilled soup for the alternate meal suggestion.  Thanks @dfishfor the recipe suggestions for them.  Much appreciated!  Glad to hear that you slept well last night.  Hopefully that means your procedure has helped your back.

Garden Club participants - for those of you who are fighting the deer to try to keep them out of your gardens and losing - I think we all need this sign:

B4878A74-E984-4B8F-9D16-F51963271471.jpeg.e57463332ea761960597688a14621639.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a toast to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Wednesday everyone !!!!!!

A06DB112-9E68-447E-BC3B-C67E06985255.thumb.jpeg.7e15cfe3de15e038d92b662efd5d896b.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your masks.

• Like 25
  • Haha 14