Salsa cruise nightmare continues.....

LadySpoilt

1 hour ago, Homosassa said:

Curious if you remember what the prices were at the time of your booking of a balcony cabin and the YC cabin that you booked?

Isn't there something about a website error  that offered the YC cabin at a much lower price than was the correct price that you managed to book and MSC honored because of their website error?

Well I actually booked Meraviglia in YC inside for $2600. 

Balcony was $1280 with booze and this was booked a year ago.

I called about cost to get YC deluxe and rep told me about great deal on Divina.

So he he upsold me to Divina YC grand suite for $3096 total.

So they sold me on Divina.

9 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Well I actually booked Meraviglia in YC inside for $2600. 

Balcony was $1280 with booze and this was booked a year ago.

I called about cost to get YC deluxe and rep told me about great deal on Divina.

So he he upsold me to Divina YC grand suite for $3096 total.

So they sold me on Divina.

I still don’t understand why you didn’t just move back to the Mera where you originally booked. .

40 minutes ago, racephoto said:

I still don’t understand why you didn’t just move back to the Mera where you originally booked. .

Category was sold out. No more YC inside cabins. Plus my option to bid for upgrade would not happen I was told 

Only YC option was $2500 more

46 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Category was sold out. No more YC inside cabins. Plus my option to bid for upgrade would not happen I was told 

Only YC option was $2500 more

Wow. Well that makes sense. I personally don’t completely understand this whole bid for upgrade thing, because every one of them they’ve sent me has ended up only being like $100-$300 less than if I just went ahead and booked it regularly. And then I could pick my cabin. For me, that savings would not be worth not picking my cabin. I have no real interest in the YC thing, but if I *was* going to spend the $$ on it I’d definitely be picky about my cabin. 

Edited by racephoto
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, racephoto said:

Wow. Well that makes sense. I personally don’t completely understand this whole bid for upgrade thing, because every one of them they’ve sent me has ended up only being like $100-$300 less than if I just went ahead and booked it regularly. And then I could pick my cabin. For me, that savings would not be worth not picking my cabin. I have no real interest in the YC thing, but if I *was* going to spend the $$ on it I’d definitely be picky about my cabin. 

My minimum bid was $405 up to $740

So I would be at $3400 if accepted up to about $4100 Max which was still way under regular price.

I was one of the lucky ones who got in cheap.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Speasda said:

So, tomorrow's the big day for some of you!  

MSCDivina2016, where are we?  Are you going to be on the pier looking for your YC room?

Nope,

Lawyer had me cancel. 

Port is federal property so cannot do anything.

You know what the best way to handle a dispute is?

Offer to remove daily service charges from future cruises. 

10 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

I saw a post on the SalsaCruise Facebook.  Looks like they were impacted big by the MSC rule of US Residents only.  

You’ve got to be kidding? 🤦🏻‍♀️ 
I hope they don’t change them to a later date…like the week we’re on (11/14th) ugh

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, mlbdude said:

I saw a post on the SalsaCruise Facebook.  Looks like they were impacted big by the MSC rule of US Residents only.  

I just looked at that. That Facebook post may have just given me a little piece to take another run at MSC.

They stated they are a private charter and will give out new booking numbers.

This now means that MSC cannot use the T&C to stand behind but must use CLIA.

Another phone call tomorrow to lawyer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, zekekelso said:

One thing I haven’t been paying much attention to is the Salsa Cruise itself. Just curious, is the cruise for dancers? Condiment connoisseurs? Condiment connoisseurs who like to dance?

Yes, Salsa dancers.

We actually are dancers and would not want this zoo.

Will be interesting to see if it even happens if they don't let the non us citizens on. That is all the entertainment people.

If they do let them on then that's a violation of their own policies. Unless its a private charter, then those who had issues with the salsa cruise may have recourse.

6 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes, Salsa dancers.

Will be interesting to see if it even happens if they don't let the non us citizens on. That is all the entertainment people.

If they do let them on then that's a violation of their own policies. Unless its a private charter, then those who had issues with the salsa cruise may have recourse.

Because I’m so anal about making sure every single detail is ironed out and perfect for every trip I plan (which is why I refuse to use a TA…I want control) I find it very difficult to imagine not knowing what MSC’s residency/citizenship travel policies are at the moment.

Seems like karma may have won in the end. 

16 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Because I’m so anal about making sure every single detail is ironed out and perfect for every trip I plan (which is why I refuse to use a TA…I want control) 

I agree with you, I am anal as well and I don't like a TA. But I am stuck with one because of FCC.

I was on group cruise that had a TA. Covid=FCC. Found out I needed to use TA to use that FCC.

Stupid if you ask me. Why does that TA have a grip on the FCC?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

I agree with you, I am anal as well and I don't like a TA. But I am stuck with one because of FCC.

I was on group cruise that had a TA. Covid=FCC. Found out I needed to use TA to use that FCC.

Stupid if you ask me. Why does that TA have a grip on the FCC?

Ahhh I didn’t know that. 

One of my sisters is a TA and I don’t even use her 🙈

I’ve learned that nobody, not even my sister, will put as much time into planning our vacations as I will…and I actually enjoy doing it. For me planning it is half the fun!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PRH said:

Watching the port cam.  She was supposed to leave at 6pm.  No movement yet…….at least from the pier!

When multiple ships are in port, they often do not leave at the scheduled time as they have to stagger the departure times.

It's heading out now.

Edited by Native Floridian 26
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Yes, Salsa dancers.

Just a point of order, as far as I know, they do not have to be citizens, just legal residents with a visa that allows re-entry to the US. Most of the bands are professional and have work visas if they’re not citizens. I think I read that only one act canceled. 

Having listened to this saga as an outsider... I discover that I'm a little more evil-hearted than I'd realized.  I hope very much that MSC ends up regretting misleading everyone at every step.  I confess to being unsurprised that they'd cast off individuals in favor of a full charter - no, it doesn't make it right, but it doesn't surprise me that they'd decide to disappoint the people spending less money overall.  The worst part about that decision is that they appeared to do a piss poor job of alerting passengers that they were displacing them - with no apparent attempt to make it right!

The lastest, craziest part is that the salsa people only just realized the citizenship rules for boarding.  How the heck did none of their guests notice that weeks/months ago?  Did MSC mislead them, too?  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PRH said:

Pictures from current salsa cruisers show lots of crowding and no mask wearing.  Hope our cc brothers and sisters (and crew) are staying safe!

Holy smokes.....  I'm so glad we decided to cancel.  Stay safe to those onboard.

https://www.facebook.com/mambo.lebron/posts/10225313776773122

Edited by Adian80
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Morgsmom said:

That's way too "people-y" for me!

There's very little mask compliance.  When I talked to the TA in charge of the group she said they had to comply with mask policies. That isn't what I am seeing.