Salsa cruise nightmare continues.....

LadySpoilt

On 10/23/2021 at 7:40 PM, mscdivina2016 said:

Nope,

Lawyer had me cancel. 

Port is federal property so cannot do anything.

You know what the best way to handle a dispute is?

Offer to remove daily service charges from future cruises. 

why is punishing the guy at the bottom of the totem pole the best way?

22 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

There's very little mask compliance.  When I talked to the TA in charge of the group she said they had to comply with mask policies. That isn't what I am seeing.

23 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

There's very little mask compliance.  When I talked to the TA in charge of the group she said they had to comply with mask policies. That isn't what I am seeing.

23 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

lol mask compliance.  glad they are not enforcing.

11 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Because instead of taking money out of the company pocket they are taking it out of the crew pay.

No service charges for a total of 30 days worth.

Are you saying that was the offer they made as a resolution to the problem? If so then MSC has lost even more points..... Odds that we'll try them in the future are already slim.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PRH said:

Just in time for crew to test positive when we board on Nov 7th!  Ugh!

Agree and we’re on the next week (boarding the 14th) which is within the 2 week incubation period 😕

But on a positive note I’m being proactive and just received a Covid booster this morning (because I’m at almost 8 months post original vaccine) 

So that makes me feel better knowing I have extra protection. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Adian80 said:

Are you saying that was the offer they made as a resolution to the problem? If so then MSC has lost even more points..... Odds that we'll try them in the future are already slim.

That is how they resolved a problem. Not pre paid daily service charges, but removed.  This way it cost the company nothing.

35 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

That is how they resolved a problem. Not pre paid daily service charges, but removed.  This way it cost the company nothing.

That's just cold...... I'm not sure I will ever try MSC in the future...

5 hours ago, Gatordad1967 said:

lol mask compliance.  glad they are not enforcing.

They are enforcing, at least they were last week.  Just off the Divina yesterday.  Forgot my mask a few times and always was stopped and given a mask or went back to my cabin for mine. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, richs52 said:

They are enforcing, at least they were last week.  Just off the Divina yesterday.  Forgot my mask a few times and always was stopped and given a mask or went back to my cabin for mine. 

That’s good to hear

I’m tired of the people who ruin it for everyone else. I’m just thrilled to be able to cruise again so yea I’ll be an adult and wear the mask when they ask us to. The alternative is we can’t cruise and that just plain stinks. 

Do you know how many passengers were on your sailing?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PRH said:

Just in time for crew to test positive when we board on Nov 7th!  Ugh!

I guess they will need to “hose down” the whole ship after the Salsa Cruise.

Yeah, I feel sorry for the crew.  They have no choice but to be subjected to the “party”.

Just hope Divina is able to stay Green after CDC inspection. 😷

• Like 3

3 hours ago, styles27 said:

Agree and we’re on the next week (boarding the 14th) which is within the 2 week incubation period 😕

But on a positive note I’m being proactive and just received a Covid booster this morning (because I’m at almost 8 months post original vaccine) 

So that makes me feel better knowing I have extra protection. 

I am with you. We can do as much as we can and   Take our own precautions .  
we have had our booster, quad flu and pneumonia vaccines. 

At this point, just being cautious until we can test and get onboard. 🛳

• Like 1

1 minute ago, phissy said:

I am with you. We can do as much as we can and   Take our own precautions .  
we have had our booster, quad flu and pneumonia vaccines. 

At this point, just being cautious until we can test and get onboard. 🛳

Did you get your flu and Covid booster together?  They offered it to me but I chose to do the flu shot next Monday (a week apart) 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, styles27 said:

Did you get your flu and Covid booster together?  They offered it to me but I chose to do the flu shot next Monday (a week apart) 

I did exactly what you chose.
 Was not sure how I would react so wanted to isolate each so I could determine reaction.

Booster was no reaction, very slight tenderness at site of injection.
Pro tip- Just remember to totally relax arm during injection. Tensing muscle will cause soreness.
Quad flu made me tired for first day. Then OK. 
🤞🏼 good luck.
Pat

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, phissy said:

Was not sure how I would react so wanted to isolate each so I could determine reaction.

Pro tip- Just remember to totally relax arm during injection. Tensing muscle will cause soreness.
🤞🏼 good luck.
Pat

Thanks Pat! The RN that gave me the booster told me the same thing about relaxing my arm and it made a big difference.

Had it at 11 this morning and my arm is fine right now.
My original vaccine my arm hurt immediately and for days afterwards. So that tip really helped this time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Because instead of taking money out of the company pocket they are taking it out of the crew pay.

No service charges for a total of 30 days worth.

I took that to mean that they won't charge you (the passenger) the daily service charge, not that the crew would not receive the equivalent.  Like giving someone a drink package without charging them for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I took that to mean that they won't charge you (the passenger) the daily service charge, not that the crew would not receive the equivalent.  Like giving someone a drink package without charging them for it.

Correct, I won't be charged it.  Do you really think they will make up the difference to the crew?   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, styles27 said:

That’s good to hear

I’m tired of the people who ruin it for everyone else. I’m just thrilled to be able to cruise again so yea I’ll be an adult and wear the mask when they ask us to. The alternative is we can’t cruise and that just plain stinks. 

Do you know how many passengers were on your sailing?

I was told there were about 900 on board. A few hundred were denied boarding for various reasons. Yacht club had less then 80. 

Announcements said you had to wear masks indoors except when seated, eating or drinking. So wasn’t unusual to see people walking around with drinks and masks pull down.  You’d also see if people were walking in area no one else was around they’d pull down masks. Had people join us in elevator without a mask on a few times and have to scramble in their pocket. 

Of course you can sit at bar right next to people you do not know without a mask. So I guess covid can only get you when you are standing and moving. 😝 

We felt perfectly safe though during the whole cruise! Dancing people had no masks on and no one said anything. It was an incredible cruise! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, phissy said:

🤞🏼 good luck.
Pat

We’re all on the same page here. I got my Moderna booster today and will go for my flu vaccine next week. My arm hurts.  I relaxed as much as I could knowing they were about to jam a 2 inch needle into it. 🙂 What I am doing is making a concerted effort to keep moving the arm around and stretching. That helped me out a lot after the second shot. Seeing the pics from the salsa cruise definitely make me feel good about my decision to cancel that one. Waaaay too many people for my first trip back cruising.

• Like 3

Thanks @kidless! I’m glad you had a great cruise! With less than 1000 on board there must have been a lot of room to spread out lol 

@racephotoGlad you did well today too!  My arm is a little sore but not as bad as when I was first vaccinated. 
My husband ended up with a bad headache tonight, hopefully that’s the worst of it for him. He’s sleeping it off. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gatordad1967 said:

why is punishing the guy at the bottom of the totem pole the best way?

The European cruise companies not work like the US cruise companies. Or do you think it reduces the salary if one pays the Hotel Service Charge in advance (49 Euro for one week cruises) instead of onboard (70 Euro)?

As far as I know the Hotel Service Charge is now impossible to cancel in most markets. If it is possible in the US, then probably because MSC knows that in this market not many cancel. 

MSC was really creative in finding a legal way to make the HSC mandatory and still can advertise prices without it 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, styles27 said:

Thanks @kidless! I’m glad you had a great cruise! With less than 1000 on board there must have been a lot of room to spread out lol

At any one time, there were no more that 15 chairs occupied on the pool deck.  On sea days.  My wife joked that it was like having our own private yacht.

This week YC is at capacity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

As far as I know the Hotel Service Charge is now impossible to cancel in most markets. If it is possible in the US, then probably because MSC knows that in this market not many cancel. 

Yes, you CAN remove your service charges on US sailings.  Just an FYI.