"Always included" - false advertising?

ak1004

12 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'm sure someone will remember how long ago, but it has been many years since a self-identified X employee has posted here.  

So they're not going to add Infinity to the app supported list?  😭😭😭

4 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I received an email today with a link to a short survey for Captain's Club Power Up points. One of the questions was whether I prefer drinks, gratuities, and Wi-Fi to be included or not. I said, "not."

Interesting that they are asking the question...

I said Yes.... I trust we did not cancel each other out... LOL

bon voyage

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I wouldn't mind a basic rate if it wasn't a guarantee cabin.

z one can get a 'sail only' rate, they are limited with other conditions that may not include a guarantee cabin...

Limited mainly to booking time frame and ships.

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

Are you upset that you don’t eat all the food on the buffet, or see all the entertainment ?🤔😁

LOL - of course not... otherwise they would be included in the ongoing litany of issues with X's promos and etc...

bon voyage

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

z one can get a 'sail only' rate, they are limited with other conditions that may not include a guarantee cabin...

Limited mainly to booking time frame and ships.

bon voyage

I've only looked at one sail only cruise.  I believe it was a late October 2022 sailing Portugal and Spain.  I was thinking to switch from my shortened Oct 12, 2022 cruise until I saw the guarantee cabin.

5 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

I too have never used the Wifi, but I make up for it on drinks.  🍸

1 hour ago, Bo1953 said:

A kindred spirit for sure...

Cheers and bon voyage

Ahhhh yes….I have a few drinks, head to the SR and open the computer and stare at the screen for a few minutes trying to remember what I did this for….close it and head back for another drink!!

den

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Options are good, I like the drinks, tips etc… it can see why some want to opt out. That said, cruises I am looking at Dec of this year, the benefit to opting out isn’t that great…don’t forget to factor in the room grats…

Allowing for tips AI pricing adds $100 per person per day to cover drinks and WiFi to the basic price. Figures are from Celebrity which gives you the breakdown when you cancel a booking that included AI. In comparison if you book a simply sail price ( very limited and guarantee cabins) Celebrity discounts the price by around $25 per person per day giving them a profit of $75. Solo passengers pay for 2 lots of tips, 2 internet packages and 2 drinks packages.

My vote goes for a fair system of  basic including tips everything else optional.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Are you upset that you don’t eat all the food on the buffet, or see all the entertainment ?🤔😁

Yes, moderation can be a virtue.   We are modest drinkers and don't use the internet much on a cruise.  AI stinks for us.   It has pushed X out of the competition when I check Royal or Princess.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Yes, moderation can be a virtue.   We are modest drinkers and don't use the internet much on a cruise.  AI stinks for us.   It has pushed X out of the competition when I check Royal or Princess.

It is like anything else ,

you have to pick what you consider to be best value for your dollar 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

It is like anything else ,

you have to pick what you consider to be best value for your dollar 

Wow someone mentioning common fiscal sense. There are plenty of different options out there for people to choose from. I’m happy still with celebrity’s options and not confused at all by the pricing.  I look at other lines when finding a cruise for specific regions and have been on others but overall celebrity is given me the best value, if others don’t like the value move to another really quite simple but it’s more fun for many to complain out right.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bikerunner said:

Wow someone mentioning common fiscal sense. There are plenty of different options out there for people to choose from. I’m happy still with celebrity’s options and not confused at all by the pricing.  I look at other lines when finding a cruise for specific regions and have been on others but overall celebrity is given me the best value, if others don’t like the value move to another really quite simple but it’s more fun for many to complain out right.  

Agree. My vehicle's have a lot of options I use and I like and wanted but those options were also bundled with other options I don't need, use or want. My choice to buy or not.  There are many other examples of paying for things you don't need or use. We like AI for the CBP and gratuities. We have no use for the WiFi. Oh well, two out of three isn't bad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, bikerunner said:

After being on Viking several times and NCL and X once each, we decided to try X a second time.  We liked the overall experience and liked the Blu product.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, the penguins said:

Allowing for tips AI pricing adds $100 per person per day to cover drinks and WiFi to the basic price. Figures are from Celebrity which gives you the breakdown when you cancel a booking that included AI. In comparison if you book a simply sail price ( very limited and guarantee cabins) Celebrity discounts the price by around $25 per person per day giving them a profit of $75. Solo passengers pay for 2 lots of tips, 2 internet packages and 2 drinks packages.

My vote goes for a fair system of  basic including tips everything else optional.

My experience at looking at bookings says that the prices and price differences from AI to non AI  vary considerably from sailing to sailing.  YMMV.  Your mileage may vary.  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

My experience at looking at bookings says that the prices and price differences from AI to non AI  vary considerably from sailing to sailing.  YMMV.  Your mileage may vary.  

I don't see a problem.  Celebrity sells dozens or hundreds of products.  When I go to the supermarket I don't expect the peanut butter to be the same price as the steak.

• Haha 1

Just now, zitsky said:

I don't see a problem.  Celebrity sells dozens or hundreds of products.  When I go to the supermarket I don't expect the peanut butter to be the same price as the steak.

I trust not, as I would not purchase the steak even if were cheaper than the Organic Peanut Butter, but would worry that us vegans were being taken to the galley, in terms of pricing... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I trust not, as I would not purchase the steak even if were cheaper than the Organic Peanut Butter, but would worry that us vegans were being taken to the galley, in terms of pricing... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

OMG.  I never intended to write a vegan unfriendly post.  Maybe my post privileges should be revoked.  (Might make some people happy.)  😇

Mods, this is a joke.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, zitsky said:

No problem on my end..math is easy..I won’t sail without a drink package…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

No problem on my end..math is easy..I won’t sail without a drink package…

I won't sail without a drink either.  And I think I have @canderson to thank for getting me to the app drink lists.  Can you order drinks a year in advance?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Agree. My vehicle's have a lot of options I use and I like and wanted but those options were also bundled with other options I don't need, use or want. My choice to buy or not.  There are many other examples of paying for things you don't need or use. We like AI for the CBP and gratuities. We have no use for the WiFi. Oh well, two out of three isn't bad. 

Meatloaf from 1977.

"Now don't be sad
'Cause two out of three ain't bad"

• Haha 2

I am currently looking to book a verandah cabin on the Reflection for January - when I get to cabin picking I have two choices - cruise rate only or Always included (drinks/wifi/tips) and the PRICE is identical?  Why would one pick 'cruise only' when you can get the extra perks at the exact same price?

But when I continue through with my mock booking and get to the final cost page to 'lock it in/pay deposit' , I do see the 20% discount (and another canadian resident discount it seems!!) but no mention of the 'always included' perks?  When and how does that appear?  How do I ensure it is actually included?  or just a matter of trust?  🙂

6 minutes ago, Froufie said:

I am currently looking to book a verandah cabin on the Reflection for January - when I get to cabin picking I have two choices - cruise rate only or Always included (drinks/wifi/tips) and the PRICE is identical?  Why would one pick 'cruise only' when you can get the extra perks at the exact same price?

But when I continue through with my mock booking and get to the final cost page to 'lock it in/pay deposit' , I do see the 20% discount (and another canadian resident discount it seems!!) but no mention of the 'always included' perks?  When and how does that appear?  How do I ensure it is actually included?  or just a matter of trust?  🙂

I never have and wouldn't do the actual booking from Celebrity's website.  Trust the website, no way! Apparently you know exactly what you want for your cruise. Why not call Celebrity and book over the phone and then you can ask the agent theses questions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I never have and wouldn't do the actual booking from Celebrity's website.  Trust the website, no way! Apparently you know exactly what you want for your cruise. Why not call Celebrity and book over the phone and then you can ask the agent theses questions.

I could say the same about the agents.  They all tell you a different story.

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

I could say the same about the agents.  They all tell you a different story.

Not my experience at all. Whether booking over the phone or with an agent at the Future Cruise desk while onboard. At least you have a recourse for action if something isn't correct booking over the phone v someone said blah, blah, blah on CC when it turns out to be incorrect. :classic_rolleyes: