Live from Allure - Oct 3, 2021 - Cruising with Covid 🤔

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't think these come off. Seems to be a one way clasp.  The hanging part is freaking me out. Should have put on left side

Maybe so people can't share them.  I wouldn't put it past some to do that so someone could go into a space they normally couldn't.  Wouldn't be the first case of people trying to bypass rules.

Edited by BND
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I don't think these come off. Seems to be a one way clasp.  The hanging part is freaking me out. Should have put on left side

Definitely get someone to cut off the excess.
I travel with scissors, so I cut mine off when I was on Mariner , but I’m sure someone that works in the SL would cut it for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Buccaneergirl said:

Definitely get someone to cut off the excess.
I travel with scissors, so I cut mine off when I was on Mariner , but I’m sure someone that works in the SL would cut it for you.

I've always traveled with baby nail scissors as they're small and have a blunt end so never had an issue with bringing them onboard.  They've come in handy a few times.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Same bracelets we had at the Coco Beach club in the cabana.  I put one on when I left the area and realized later that they have to be cut off...fortunately for me it wasn't required and I was able to cut it off.  Maybe go to guest services and ask them to cut off the excess dangling part.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Some nylon material, I think.

Comfortable,  but I kept thinking the hanging part would end up in my soup at dinner

Take a pair of scissors and cut the hanging part off😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HelenP said:

Thanks for your posts.  We also live near Port Canaveral and are very excited to cruise again.  One quick question we purchased beverage/zoom packages ahead of time and is it cheaper to purchase these things as you walk on the ship.  Is it the same with dining packages?

I'm not sure. Onboard prices seem as high as a typical cruise planner sale. 

59 minutes ago, dawnprincess said:

Someone posted elsewhere who was on the September 26th cruise that Mamma Mia was not performed?  Have you heard anything?

Moved to Friday and Saturday, so there may be hope

• Like 3

I still don’t get why you have to wear these bracelets. If you are an adult you obviously had to show proof of being vaccinated to even get on the ship. I can see a fight in a few weeks at the port between my wife and the staff.

Edited by Espn
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

These were introduced on the second Celebrity Edge sailing. Passengers complained repeatedly at guest services. Next sailing they were gone.

Check in staff for Mariner said they are being used now because “Men have big wrists and the previous bands were too small.” 

Also here’s a pattern based on three previous sailing on Royal this summer. If you ask any staff member why the vaccinated need to wear bands, the answer is always that the sailing has two unvaccinated adults. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, seabeew said:

Also here’s a pattern based on three previous sailing on Royal this summer. If you ask any staff member why the vaccinated need to wear bands, the answer is always that the sailing has two unvaccinated adults. 

Can't we put tatoo😇s on their foreheads?

• Like 5
  • Haha 5