Jim_Iain (with and Eye) - B2B Millennium 10/11 and 10/19 Pacific Coastal

Jim_Iain

6 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Jim it’s 6:50 pm your time.  Are you still in port.  Baseball game just did an over head view and there’s a cruise ship in port.  I suppose it could be pre taped.  

Yes we are still in port until 10:00 PM.    

Did you see us waving... LOL   Just kidding.

There are actually 2 ships in port now.    Holland America Konnigstam and Millennium.   Both of us overnighted,    Princess had a ship here yesterday.   

The ball park is about 2 miles south of us and we can see the traffic on the Bay Bridge still backed up.   We walked by the park yesterday and took some pictures.   

GO Giants' ---- What can I say.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Josie201 said:

Jim it’s 6:50 pm your time.  Are you still in port.  Baseball game just did an over head view and there’s a cruise ship in port.  I suppose it could be pre taped.  

Cruise mapper shows the Millennium is still in port with another HAL ship.

image.png.cf8e2d67a1c10773e03a234b988eb683.png

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Masks are not required once aboard the ship inside or out.   I would say 20-25% wear masks inside and out.    We choose (personal choice even though triple vaxed).   

it is really up to each passenger and their comfort level.   Many more on the Pacific Coastal than our Caribbean.  

Thank you for sharing your experience. We plan to social distance and when that isn’t possible, we’ll mask up! 

Tiburon looks like a magical place.

When I was a kid, dtr of  close family friends retired from teaching and  lived there.  She always wrote  how much she loved it.!  I can see why .

Photos were amazing.

Very nice one of you on the big rock!

Edited by hcat

On 10/11/2021 at 9:38 PM, Jim_Iain said:

The first thing I usually when I board is set up my Roku. 

Tutorial 

DB073753-A245-4EB2-A314-1604A0C13CB0.thumb.jpeg.443c502124d9068434c7f4536d22c8ac.jpeg

Starting with the remote press the CC button

5FD1D3A2-9BD4-4320-87AE-5E2CDE3FAE90.thumb.jpeg.69030b4baec98b2a6c5559fca3886ab5.jpeg5FD1D3A2-9BD4-4320-87AE-5E2CDE3FAE90.thumb.jpeg.69030b4baec98b2a6c5559fca3886ab5.jpeg

next press the Menu Button

0013AD18-8D23-4485-AD89-BD351A9441DE.thumb.jpeg.6d6fdc3ffadf2664cf8da7d94df199f7.jpeg

Go to bottom and press Support

B33C8372-FEB4-49DC-A654-5265D3C7FBC2.thumb.jpeg.3a25e6c0060c1dce04ba2063174d2c6e.jpeg

Go to bottom and press Source

6D67C2FE-3BA4-417E-BCEB-8FCC8AFC9FE2.thumb.jpeg.1e64e597113561e9b402070b116e2163.jpeg

I’m plugged into HDM1 2.  So select your source

AAE0FB75-5EC3-4C53-9899-B3635F8B7C24.thumb.jpeg.bffab1b5a45976f5226dc72bd1f612cc.jpeg

Silly question but do you then just network connect your Roku to your WiFi to stream material?  Assuming yes, do you find any challenge with this speed wise?  Or perhaps the Roku has download capability for later offline viewing?  I've not used Roku, I have Amazon Fire Sticks so curious how you continue on from here to utilize the stick services.

Loving your live reports BTW, you bring people right along with you and that is just awesome!

Thanks for posting all this onboard info.  I saw in the Oct 14 daily the Sizzle Interactive Party.  I had asked here on CC whether there were still interactive parties with no reply.  Now, I know!  One thing that we always thought made Celebrity a different experience!

13 hours ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

Cruise mapper shows the Millennium is still in port with another HAL ship.

image.png.cf8e2d67a1c10773e03a234b988eb683.png

Yea we both over nighted and Konngsdam left around 7:00 PM last night and we left just about 10:00 PM on schedule.    I didn't even feel the ship leave.

4 hours ago, poffles said:

Silly question but do you then just network connect your Roku to your WiFi to stream material?  Assuming yes, do you find any challenge with this speed wise?  Or perhaps the Roku has download capability for later offline viewing?  I've not used Roku, I have Amazon Fire Sticks so curious how you continue on from here to utilize the stick services.

Loving your live reports BTW, you bring people right along with you and that is just awesome!

You basically have to set up a mini-network.   I use a mini router.    There are many videos on You Tube on how to setup up what they call hotel mode.    You connect you laptop to router and select Celebrity Guest as the Router's connection.    While still connected to your hotspot you type guest.onboardiafe.com    This will bring up the sign on screen.   You put your credentials into the screen and the mini-router becomes one of your internet connected devices.   

Once router setup you just go to Roku Networks and choose your hotspot name and sign on.

We mostly just use it for Netflix and and YouTubeTV     Both have very efficient buffering.   When you first fire it up the picture quality is marginal but as it buffers it cleans up.    Have rarely gotten dropped and only occasionally do I get a revolving arrow as it buffers. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thanks for posting all this onboard info.  I saw in the Oct 14 daily the Sizzle Interactive Party.  I had asked here on CC whether there were still interactive parties with no reply.  Now, I know!  One thing that we always thought made Celebrity a different experience!

I haven't noticed that.   Chuckling to myself I just thought -   "What's an Interactive Party".    

I have an idea after googling but --- What is it and where are they doing it.    I haven't looked at the cruise yet. 

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

You basically have to set up a mini-network.   I use a mini router.    There are many videos on You Tube on how to setup up what they call hotel mode.    You connect you laptop to router and select Celebrity Guest as the Router's connection.    While still connected to your hotspot you type guest.onboardiafe.com    This will bring up the sign on screen.   You put your credentials into the screen and the mini-router becomes one of your internet connected devices.   

Once router setup you just go to Roku Networks and choose your hotspot name and sign on.

We mostly just use it for Netflix and and YouTubeTV     Both have very efficient buffering.   When you first fire it up the picture quality is marginal but as it buffers it cleans up.    Have rarely gotten dropped and only occasionally do I get a revolving arrow as it buffers. 

Thanks Jim, I will definitely be looking that up.  I work in IT so with this direction I will have to try this ... IF I upgrade to streaming package.  I don't bring a laptop, just my tablet, but assume the same can be done with that.  Right now my next cruise is only the AI offered Surf WiFi but you have me intrigued, I've seen mention of streaming prior but never put much thought into it as I typically stay offline for my cruises.

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I haven't noticed that.   Chuckling to myself I just thought -   "What's an Interactive Party".    

I have an idea after googling but --- What is it and where are they doing it.    I haven't looked at the cruise yet. 

The interactive parties is past that we attended included the show/entertainment staff being in costume/character and dancing among the cruisers.  They often come down the stairs in the atrium and join the cruisers dancing on the lower level.

One had an Austin Powers theme and another had Andy Warhol.  Lots of crazy fun.  Looks like this one will have a latin salsa vibe.

26 minutes ago, poffles said:

Thanks Jim, I will definitely be looking that up.  I work in IT so with this direction I will have to try this ... IF I upgrade to streaming package.  I don't bring a laptop, just my tablet, but assume the same can be done with that.  Right now my next cruise is only the AI offered Surf WiFi but you have me intrigued, I've seen mention of streaming prior but never put much thought into it as I typically stay offline for my cruises.

Not sure about Android but you can’t share a WiFi connection on sn iPhone only a Celluar connection.  

I use a TP-Link AC750 which is about 38.00 on Amazon. 

13 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

The interactive parties is past that we attended included the show/entertainment staff being in costume/character and dancing among the cruisers.  They often come down the stairs in the atrium and join the cruisers dancing on the lower level.

One had an Austin Powers theme and another had Andy Warhol.  Lots of crazy fun.  Looks like this one will have a latin salsa vibe.

Ahhh.   Yea now I remember.    Iain just said they had one last night.  I guess I wasn’t paying attention 

11 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Not sure about Android but you can’t share a WiFi connection on sn iPhone only a Celluar connection.  

I use a TP-Link AC750 which is about 38.00 on Amazon. 

LOL ... that is the model that I've just been reading up on.  So the router becomes the sharing device and I will just use my tablet to be the window into this device to 'configure/make' the connection ... if I understand correctly.  I might have confused what I said to imply I would try to share via my tablet. If it requires a laptop then it might be too much bother.

Thanks again, I will definitely read lots and if I get one I will be sure to have it all figured out it long before travel usage.  Sounds like something I should have had long ago even for hotel rooms.  My thoughts on this would have been that places would have disabled any ability to connect a router.

Edited by poffles
Typo...

Last night’s Day 4 Dinner

5AA1B4AF-9336-42DE-B709-3A50FCBC6A8A.thumb.jpeg.070aed49d606db16982c32deb3f0794b.jpeg

3EC2AB1D-E845-478F-BB7C-5D51D2D2B237.thumb.jpeg.ad6ec01aa3b415d794364e3d96d766ac.jpeg

F97D0A00-4DF5-4C04-B2BD-41D04EFE3AB8.thumb.jpeg.7c81185e15d77dbff82660c9c94713a7.jpeg

4A560890-A07D-4E24-8DD2-7DA5D4182D77.thumb.jpeg.856c894bad31ae20295b3c0cb15e7ef2.jpeg

09D5263D-2BE1-4263-B7C8-4DEC8C5E419B.thumb.jpeg.612490688fa2bc0edbc401649343c4d2.jpeg

F29B20B2-02E0-4C76-8172-5C05317BF75E.thumb.jpeg.f005203364524da9f9f83440448cef29.jpeg

05A5400F-24DE-42B4-B57D-BBC4F7A7E826.thumb.jpeg.be40fabb938549f726101e5a0e25016e.jpeg

FBA61FC8-ABAF-4470-A1B2-A659431C289A.thumb.jpeg.f2000ebbdb88dc8c23f3cfbc8d7bc305.jpeg

forgot to shoot the starters.  I had the Quail and it was perfectly cooked, crispy, moist and YUM.   Iain had the Lump Crab. 

For dinner I had the Rib Eye snd Iain had the Lamb. 

Tiramisu was our choice for desert.   Also really good. 

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, poffles said:

LOL ... that is the model that I've just been reading up on.  So the router becomes the sharing device and I will just use my tablet to be the window into this device to 'configure/make' the connection ... if I understand correctly.  I might have confused what I said to imply I would try to share via my tablet. If it requires a laptop then it might be too much bother.

Thanks again, I will definitely read lots and if I get one I will be sure to have it all figured out it long before travel usage.  Sounds like something I should have had long ago even for hotel rooms.  My thoughts on this would have been that places would have disabled any ability to connect a router.

Yup... you got it.   You can also connect your Tablet to the mini-router and use it while in the room for wifi etc.

I think the ability to connect just looks like a regular connection to administrator.  Not sure on this.   I've also just used the built in hotspot feature of my PC.    At home when playing with it,  it only shows that the PC is attached.    As an IT Guru you probably know more than me.   I have just been a responsible hacker.   LOL

• Thanks 1

I got notified by Text from my credit card that my Upgrade to a SS went through about noon Eastern.   

We got 9117 which is an accessible S2 next to the elevators.   Not a fan of accessible cabins but  definitely won't be turning it down. 

This will be good for comparing AQ and Retreat.    

• Like 8