Who's booked an international cruise overseas from Nov/Dec onward?

Meeting with BF tonight to decide on which river cruise to book for next year. Budapest/Amsterdam.

Leaning towards Viking ATM. There was a good deal with Amadeus but it did not include day tours (presumably extra).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Meeting with BF tonight to decide on which river cruise to book for next year. Budapest/Amsterdam.

Leaning towards Viking ATM. There was a good deal with Amadeus but it did not include day tours (presumably extra).

If you look at scenic read the cancellation T&C’s, even if they cancel they will not refund..

18 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi

ok guys,

Scomo says he will open the borders on 1st November….will he brave enough to let RC sail into Sydney to let me do my Christmas cruise?

eileen

On Ovation  of the Seas ? 

Yes, but just read that somebody on Ovation of the seas said the crew has been told they are being sent home till January.

not surprised as I did not think Scomo would be brave enough to let the cruise ships in with the election coming up.

saw him on TV this morning saying how wonderful NSW was and even a little mention of Victoria without a critism!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Yes, but just read that somebody on Ovation of the seas said the crew has been told they are being sent home till January.

not surprised as I did not think Scomo would be brave enough to let the cruise ships in with the election coming up.

saw him on TV this morning saying how wonderful NSW was and even a little mention of Victoria without a critism!

Scomo is a NSW man, to wit Sutherland Shire Boy, where I lived for 30 years.  He has allegiance to NSW aka The Premier State.  If the ships come in, I reckon Sydney will be first choice re port being opened.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Scomo is a NSW man, to wit Sutherland Shire Boy, where I lived for 30 years.  He has allegiance to NSW aka The Premier State.  If the ships come in, I reckon Sydney will be first choice re port being opened.

Yes, if NSW Premier says yes to cruise ships, Sco Mo would be compliant with the border force and allow them.   I think the only hope for Vics and people from NSW to cruise (to nowhere) but at least the population from the 2 states would probably nearly fill the ships due to the pent up demand.

It seems the Premiers from Vic and NSW are talking about opening the border we share mid December.  Hope it happens.

Melbourne has no cruises scheduled till September 2022 after the last round of cancellations. 

P&O still has cruises scheduled from Adelaide from late March I think.

I don't believe Melbourne will see any ships till late next year although they could always change their mind.

APTs MS Caledonia is still listing 4 cruises (4 night Vic itin) from November to December although under 100 passengers and pricey.  God knows what our travel limits will be by then.  It seems you will have to live within 25 kms of Flemington to go to the Cup even if you score an invite.

Impossible to book anything without knowing the rules.

19 minutes ago, Rassa said:

Yes, if NSW Premier says yes to cruise ships, Sco Mo would be compliant with the border force and allow them.   I think the only hope for Vics and people from NSW to cruise (to nowhere) but at least the population from the 2 states would probably nearly fill the ships due to the pent up demand.

It seems the Premiers from Vic and NSW are talking about opening the border we share mid December.  Hope it happens.

Don't forget the ACT. 😃

• Like 1

Yes,

I am booked on Coral Expeditions from Melbourne to Fremantle on 1st March.   It is very expensive and would normally book this but am starved of cruising .  

I am ofcourse assuming that WA will let us in by them.   Surely.

eileen

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

Hi

ok guys,

Scomo says he will open the borders on 1st November….will he brave enough to let RC sail into Sydney to let me do my Christmas cruise?

eileen

I don’t know if your Christmas cruise will happen?

It looks like January?

4 hours ago, Rassa said:

I am off down to Merimbula for a week in a couple of weeks before you vics get there, lol. Only 3 hr drive for me inc 20 min break. I normally go down that way every couple of months, Merimbula, Pambula, Eden.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I am off down to Merimbula for a week in a couple of weeks before you vics get there, lol. Only 3 hr drive for me inc 20 min break. I normally go down that way every couple of months, Merimbula, Pambula, Eden.

Good timing before the pesky vics get there.

• Haha 1