Who's booked an international cruise overseas from Nov/Dec onward?

I wanted to pay an Australian business for my international cruise. I would love to go from Sydney to Bali, but it turns out I can't. So, I've decided to take a cruise overseas. I'll be visiting several countries, mixing with all sorts of different types of vaccines, and then returning home via an airport.

What a silly, silly place Australia has become.

When do you have this planned for?
Have you already booked?
If so, did it cost more than your last OS trip?

And, most important, where are you heading to?

And ………… what hoops do you need to jump thru to leave/return?

Cheers, Rose

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ollyoeno said:

I wanted to pay an Australian business for my international cruise. I would love to go from Sydney to Bali, but it turns out I can't. So, I've decided to take a cruise overseas. I'll be visiting several countries, mixing with all sorts of different types of vaccines, and then returning home via an airport.

What a silly, silly place Australia has become.

I have a domestic cruise for February and I doubt it will happen let alone a international cruise.

Most cruise lines have suspended final payment until 4 weeks before departure.

And yes I am disappointed in our country ,it has become dis functional.

Edited by Chiliburn

Hi

i have booked a cruise with Azamara B2B for June 2022.(2… 7 day cruises) in the Med.

I have also booked a flight business class with Emirates and it can be changed without cost.    They also include COVID insurance for the flight.

the flight was a similar price to the cost prior to COVID.  

also have a cruise booked with RCL for Christmas but do not think that will go ahead.

hope you get your cruise.

regards

eileen

• Like 1

Last year I booked cruises going to Norway, Iceland and the Baltic for June 2022

Not booking any airfares, hotels etc until the next year. Vaccination rates for Russia are extremely low (29%) and is still closed to cruising. Some whispers from local tour companies in St Petersburg is that cruising will not go ahead next year. Decision expected January by officials (sounds familiar).

If the cruiseline cancels I can rework my trip quite easily as I have a plan B. Lucky its the first cruise so no biggie to do that if I have to.

Hi

glad to see I am not the only one thinking ahead.

we had a cruise to Japan booked with Celebrity but they have cancelled all early 2022 cruises to Asia.    We have managed to transfer to Norwegian as they had one for similar dates.   Japan airlines transferred our flights at no extra charge so I live in hope.

we can’t just sit and wait.   I have a few cruises booked because I need something to look forward to.

age is catching up with us.

eileen

• Like 4

Booked an Oceania cruise today for June '22 in the Med.

We have a bunch of Future Cruise Credits that have a book by Dec 21 and sail by Dec 22 condition. Oceania are pretty heavily booked in the times when we can travel, so I'm taking a chance on another $1K deposit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beagle5 said:

Booked an Oceania cruise today for June '22 in the Med.

We have a bunch of Future Cruise Credits that have a book by Dec 21 and sail by Dec 22 condition. Oceania are pretty heavily booked in the times when we can travel, so I'm taking a chance on another $1K deposit.

If your FCC's are with Princess , P&O, or Carnival, you can get them extended. Our FCC's were originally used to book a cruise for October last year, they've been cancelled rebooked cancelled again and extended twice and are now on a booking for the end of April 2023.

• Like 1

Isn't it ridiculous, Aussies will probably be able to cruise internationally

before we can cruise domestically.

We have two cruises booked for 2022, 1 brissie to Fiji with P & O in May which I doubt will go and the

2nd, 28 nighter around Aussie, Brissie to Brissie in October, 22 which I believe is a 50/50 chance.

Still waiting on knowing when MIQ is going to be abolished in NZ for fully-vaccinated citizens - but I've had a couple of mid 2022 cruises booked for a while. I don't know if the Sf-Barcelona one will happen because that would require the ship to relocate out of the UK early next year .

If that doesn't happen then we will be flying to Europe and hopefully returning via the second cruise - which will require Australia to open up to cruising 22/23 season. 

Haven't booked any flights or anything else yet - but  am definitely going somewhere next year 

21 hours ago, Cruisers47 said:

which oceania cruise in June are you doing?

we are on the vista to Croatia!   We are from Melbourne as well.

Hi Eileen,

We are booked on the Riviera for 12 nights from June 25, 2022. Barcelona to Venice (or somewhere near Venice!)

The Vista sounds like it will be a great ship but that would be 2023, right? She's not built yet!

6 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Great to see P&O Aus looking to the future - might just book this one 🤔

0257C318-3C6B-4561-B081-A470F1EAAFC2.jpeg

It is interesting that P&O is planning longer cruises again. Until 2010 they used to do 21 and 28 night cruises occasionally, but they changed their marketing strategy to do shorter cruises - 4, 7 or so nights.

• Like 1

We have a bunch of cruises booked for 2022(and 2023), been booking more recently as plans A, B, C etc.  All with refundable deposits mostly paid for with Norwegian cruisenext or fcc.

We're assuming the local AU/NZ cruises we booked long ago for February 2022 won't happen, nor the March r/t to Bali, nor the April transpacific. But not cancelling yet, just in case... 

As another option we have a changeable air ticket to LA for January, but don't know if that will happen until the "opening up" moves from the press release stage to some actual plans and rules. 

If that flight works (and we're sure we can get back, and there's travel insurance) we'll head off to the Americas for months and, apart from visiting family, we'll go on some cruises we have booked there.  Main one is a 21 day Miami-Seattle on the NCL Encore in April which we'll combine with some Caribbean cruises before and some Alaska after, nearer the time.

Another big cruise planned is five back to backs 56 days London-Mediteranean-Rio in October 2022, getting more optimistic that will actually happen.

But, the main thing at the moment is to have lots of alternate plans, lots of flexibility, and everything changeable and cancellable.

• Like 3

To be honest I am not really looking at cruising in the near future. When I next travel I would like to keep it flexible and not have too many things I'm scheduled to do. On top of that the cruises I have my eye on are on the dearer side (Covid has not made all cruise prices drop) so I would like to know the situation with travel insurance and COVID 19 before I feel comfortable putting so much money down.

On 10/7/2021 at 9:55 AM, stki said:

We have 2 booked. August 2022 HK to Sydney Sapphire Princess (rescheduled from 2021) and Nov 2022 Athens to Dubai NCL Jade (rescheduled from March 2020)

I like the look of Sapphire one, August 2022, HK to Syd. We were on Sapphire in 2028 for Scandinavia/Baltics B2B from Southampton. My kind of ship. Love the Grand Class, don't like the Royal Class (Princess.)  I will see how my health goes in the next couple of months.

10 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

To be honest I am not really looking at cruising in the near future. When I next travel I would like to keep it flexible and not have too many things I'm scheduled to do. On top of that the cruises I have my eye on are on the dearer side (Covid has not made all cruise prices drop) so I would like to know the situation with travel insurance and COVID 19 before I feel comfortable putting so much money down.

Agree. When I booked last year Delta was unheard of so anything can happen re Covid. I would not have booked if I had known about Delta. In saying that I did end with a great deal if all works out for the cruises.

The other unknown is what quarantine requirements will be in place on return and how long that will be in place for. All I have heard is 7 days at home but that could change at anytime depending on Covid circumstances.

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

I like the look of Sapphire one, August 2022, HK to Syd. We were on Sapphire in 2028 for Scandinavia/Baltics B2B from Southampton. My kind of ship. Love the Grand Class, don't like the Royal Class (Princess.)  I will see how my health goes in the next couple of months.

Sorry I meant to say 2018 NOT 2028 lol.