CVS Cancels Rapid Test Again & Again

7 hours ago, beshears said:

So if I'm reading the post right, you say these test (if we cannot get CVS or Walgreen to do them) cost $105 each? That sounds like "bank robbery to me. There are 8 of us leaving the 2nd week in January, and I'm hoping things will be better than what it seems right now.

not that I saw. 

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-2-pack/?utm_source=emed&utm_medium=referral&utm_term=&utm_content=2-pack&utm_campaign=covid_test&utm_nooverride=1

$70 for 2.

https://store.optum.com/shop/products/abbott-binaxNOW-COVID-19-ag-at-home-test-kit-3-pack

$99 for 3

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

remember, at THIS time these tests are not accepted for unvaxxed people. Don't know about January.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

On 10/4/2021 at 6:15 PM, shibby sails said:

Walgreens seems to be doing a better job around me keeping appointments then CVS. Has anyone used their results to get on a RCCL ship? I saw that Carnival was accepting them. I have an appointment Wednesday for a Friday cruise and have an Urgent care backup on Thursday.

After having 2 tests canceled by CVS - these were listed as "community sites" so I thought I'd be safe, I decided to try Walgreens. I used their results for my most recent cruise and worked fine. I tried CVS one more time, signed up for a rapid test...I was surprised they indicated they had them since they have not normally been available in my local CVS stores. Got to the drive through and before she started, asked just to make sure it was a rapid test. It was then that she informed me that they don't do rapid tests and results could take 72 hours. Of course that's not good enough if going on a cruise. Thank goodness I had a backup test scheduled with Walgreens!

1 minute ago, NRWPA said:

I tried CVS one more time, signed up for a rapid test...I was surprised they indicated they had them since they have not normally been available in my local CVS stores. Got to the drive through and before she started, asked just to make sure it was a rapid test. It was then that she informed me that they don't do rapid tests and results could take 72 hours.

around here the CVS clinics specialize only in one type of test per location. The CVS right next to the house does only rapid antigen tests, and NOT at drive-thru. You arrive at your appt time and you are done in 5 minutes. The one a mile away only does PCR tests and only at drive-thru. You sit in line for about an hour... but the result was ready at midnight the next day. Surprise!

• Like 1

CVS is also cancelling flu shots when scheduling ahead of time when talking to friends. Wanted to get them before cruising before the end of the month when we board Serenade. We walked into this week at Publix and they gave our shots within minutes of entering the store. Cancelled our CVS appointments for the flu shots as it it was easy to get them at Publix and no need to worry about CVS .

Edited by coaster

I was at my pharmacy today and ask them if they carried the kits, and what the price was, as someone had mentioned $105. They told me their price was $35 which wasn't bad, but I hope by the time we get ready to cruise, we won't have to do these kits, but as you know, time will tell!

43 minutes ago, beshears said:

I was at my pharmacy today and ask them if they carried the kits, and what the price was, as someone had mentioned $105.

RCI will not accept the test kits sold at the pharmacy.  The home tests need to be "proctored".

• Like 1