MSC - No Canadians

K_e_short

On 10/4/2021 at 10:09 PM, macmax said:

It's because MSC requires that everyone carry Covid insurance and Canadians can't purchase any as long as the Level 4 Avoid Cruise Ship Travel is in place. 

Except that there are multiple insurance companies offering Covid insurance even while there is an advisory in place. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, brontravel said:

Except that there are multiple insurance companies offering Covid insurance even while there is an advisory in place. 

Not for quarantine and/or trip interruption which is what MSC is insisting on right now.

2 minutes ago, darkblueerin said:

What did they cancel and when?

Ah sorry, I cancelled it, because they change my ship, itinerary, cabin and now seems they don't want Canadians to sail on them. Though that might have been ok by end of January, my PIF was now so didn't want to risk it. 

1 hour ago, darkblueerin said:

Since Canada hasn’t removed the cruise advisory - do we now expect more cancellations?

There are many factors leading to Canadians cancelling cruises, although the main reason, US non-acceptance of mixed vaccines, has now been resolved. I've seen little indication that the cruise advisory is resulting in cancellations, and see no reason why there would be more cancellations now.

Does anyone know if MSC will offer full refunds for Canadians or if there are any tips and tricks to do so?

My cruise is not till Dec 4, but kind of tired of second guessing whether or not I will be able to board the cruise. I rather just cancel know and book an NCL cruise.

I would not trust MSC based on how they are treated Canadians/non Americans.

I do understand that rules need to be followed and rules are at the discretion of the cruise line, BUT, two mistakes that were pretty much the same thing.

Yeah no.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:23 PM, darkblueerin said:

Since Canada hasn’t removed the cruise advisory - do we now expect more cancellations?

I would think so, from MSC at least, if it was their previous stance.  Especially, since the Canadian government recently stated foreign travel is acceptable, except for cruises.  I guess it is a wait and see, as cruisers are the most evil thing.😉

"The federal government has lifted a global advisory asking Canadians to avoid non-essential travel outside the country, but continues to advise against travel on cruise ships".

https://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/146288

16 hours ago, GateGuardian said:

Does anyone know if MSC will offer full refunds for Canadians or if there are any tips and tricks to do so?

My cruise is not till Dec 4, but kind of tired of second guessing whether or not I will be able to board the cruise. I rather just cancel know and book an NCL cruise.

I'm in the same situation - I'm due to leave Dec 5th. At this point I'd rather be on a cruise I don't have to worry about, but I have no idea if I'd get a refund to do that with.

The screen shot I posted earlier clearly states that Canadians can board starting November 1/2021and are not required to have cancellation insurance so I’m not sure what all the concern is about. If I’m wrong about this, please let me know as I have two cruises close to my final payment date.

79EFBCE5-A1FC-43C7-B6A2-E5028FCAD5BC.jpeg

• Like 1

On 10/4/2021 at 10:41 PM, gubby said:

Our Retired Teachers of Ontario insurance policy underwritten. by Johnson covers us for Covid. No cancellation, but medical is covered. I am sure  Blue Cross Ontario covers Covid as well.

Yes, Blue Cross covers Covid as well!  I have Blue Cross Medical Travel Insurance.  The price for my policy couldn't be beat by anyone!  I would recommend Blue Cross!

10 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

The screen shot I posted earlier clearly states that Canadians can board starting November 1/2021and are not required to have cancellation insurance so I’m not sure what all the concern is about. If I’m wrong about this, please let me know as I have two cruises close to my final payment date.

79EFBCE5-A1FC-43C7-B6A2-E5028FCAD5BC.jpeg

No I would agree with you in that based on what MSC is saying, we should be good to go. I'm just over the flip flopping, and I just hope that it stays this way.  I do finally feel safe enough to buy my plane ticket though.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, darkblueerin said:

Now MSC has changed the pre-test requirement to PCR only.....they just can't make it easy can they?

This is my first time with them...so I'm hoping it's all worth it.

Just read your post and checked the latest MSC protocols. You’re right. Don’t know how they can get away with continually changing the rules. There should be standardized embarkation protocols for all the cruise lines. So on MSC, you are now required to pay for a PCR before the cruise and then pay for another PCR test to return home. Certainly adds another expense layer to the cost of the cruise.