Lisbon

Luke1066

I can only comment on a cruise I took a couple of weeks ago with Marella:

Sept 16th: Gibraltar LFT required.

Sept 18Th: Lisbon No LFT required (unless the previous test covered this requirement), we were only allowed ashore on an organised trip.

I'm even more sure I'm not doing my next cruise.  Also, they don't mention Greece in that list at all?

Also, a friend of mine has gone to italy and is having a great time doing her own thing and no restrictions.  I don't get it.  Unless they think all cruise passengers are more likely to carryit.

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

I'm even more sure I'm not doing my next cruise.  Also, they don't mention Greece in that list at all?

Also, a friend of mine has gone to italy and is having a great time doing her own thing and no restrictions.  I don't get it.  Unless they think all cruise passengers are more likely to carryit.

I'd imagine Greece isn't on the list as P&O aren't currently sailing to Greece

3 minutes ago, daiB said:

Being reported from Ventura that you need a test before Lisbon and it is tours only. They are there today.

Vigo was straight off.

I've heard unofficially that the Antigen test to leave the ship in Lisbon is £18 pp. Going to make for an expensive shore excursion.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, daiB said:

Being reported from Ventura that you need a test before Lisbon and it is tours only. They are there today.

Vigo was straight off.

If that's still the case when we go in December, we'll be staying on board.

As much as we like Lisbon we've done all the stuff that interests us.  The last couple of times we just got some port, and had a couple of drinks.  Can have a couple of drinks on the deck with a nice view of the city.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

If that's still the case when we go in December, we'll be staying on board.

As much as we like Lisbon we've done all the stuff that interests us.  The last couple of times we just got some port, and had a couple of drinks.  Can have a couple of drinks on the deck with a nice view of the city.

I agree about Lisbon. Last couple of times we have just done the hoho for a couple of hours, but sitting around the pool with that bridge humming away in the background all day doesn't appeal.

42 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Did Marella organise the LFT and did you have to pay for them?

Following a link from Marella I bought the suggested package of 3 tests from Chronomics for £30. 

Test 1 LFT for entry to Gibraltar, test 2 LFT to return home and test 3 PCR day 2 test. 

We were given internet access to the Chronomics web site via  ships Wifi to upload photos of our self administered LFT cassettes. We then had to a screen copy of the Chronomics test confirmation. The web access didn't allow us to actually download the test result, I had to do that at a or using 4G.

Edited by GOQ
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I am hoping to, but currently it goes to Greece which is not on the list.

I think the list is only for ships that are currently in service. As you are going on Arcadia  or Aurora this will be updated in time. A lot can change before you have to pay balance. 

Edited by Gettingwarmer

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I agree about Lisbon. Last couple of times we have just done the hoho for a couple of hours, but sitting around the pool with that bridge humming away in the background all day doesn't appeal.

The berth further up river now, nowhere near the bridge. 

• Like 2

Netherlands is apparently the same so be aware anyone going there.

Simon Calder was talking about it on the radio for land based holidays, he had to test every day of his trip as the U.K. NHS covid vaccination pass is not recognised there so you need a daily negative test to go anywhere indoors. So we are treated as unvaccinated for that purpose.

All this beurocracy is making cruising and holidays in general less attractive by the minute, for me at least. Others probably have more patience than I do.

All credit to P&O for at least trying to make the situation as transparent as possible with the table they have provided.

The UK government website says antigen test unless you have an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate - https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/portugal/entry-requirements

Plenty of British people are entitled to use the EU digital COVID certificate and it is very easy to get, so it seems a bit awkward of P&O to insist that people who don’t need an antigen test have to pay for one.

Edited by picsa
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, zap99 said:

The cruise berth is now quite a way upstream from the bridge, and the road noise is hardly noticeable.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

The cruise berth is now quite a way upstream from the bridge, and the road noise is hardly noticeable.

We used that berth on Celebrity. I didn't know all the cruise ships used it. Sincere apologies to Lisbon.😁

2 hours ago, GOQ said:

Following a link from Marella I bought the suggested package of 3 tests from Chronomics for £30. 

Test 1 LFT for entry to Gibraltar, test 2 LFT to return home and test 3 PCR day 2 test. 

We were given internet access to the Chronomics web site via  ships Wifi to upload photos of our self administered LFT cassettes. We then had to a screen copy of the Chronomics test confirmation. The web access didn't allow us to actually download the test result, I had to do that at a or using 4G.

That was a very good price I have just been on their website for price of a test for day 2 on our return home on 15th November on our Cunard cruise and they are asking £64-99.

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

What bridge? You berth miles away from that now. How long is it since you were there?

2 hours ago, daiB said:

What bridge? You berth miles away from that now. How long is it since you were there?

Do they all use the central berth then? P&O have done so on our more recent cruises there but RCI used the other one a few years ago. 

• Like 1