Dear Princess: With 30 days before we sail, I am done trying to use your Medallion App.

CineGraphic

18 hours ago, barrykel said:

What was an even stupider decision was failing to mention anywhere in the published documentation that the "show up at the pier with your docs" option was a perfectly acceptable one. 

Agree 100%!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, barrykel said:

What was an even stupider decision was failing to mention anywhere in the published documentation that the "show up at the pier with your docs" option was a perfectly acceptable one. 

More and more companies are having customers do the data entry which used to be done by the employees.  At one point some banks were charging their own customers a fee for using a teller for something you could have done at an ATM.  The option to show up at the pier with all your documents was probably always there but Princess probably wanted all of us to do the data entry for them so the other option wasn't publicized.  I think Princess started to see people cancelling their refundable cruises before last payment because they couldn't get "Cruise Ready" in their not yet ready for prime time app.  They probably finally realized they needed to mention another option in order to staunch the bleeding.  JMHO

• Like 6

Wished I had seen this before the Medallion app part 3 postings.

If our 11/6 cruise was not 3 weeks away and everything paid for, I would cancel it I have spent hours and hours waiting on hold for someone from Princess and then trying to resolve our Medallion problem. A week ago we could not make speciality dining reservations, though our friends could. A ticket was supposedly submitted but never heard back. Today I spend over an hour waiting for someone from Princess. Medallion was too busy, so could never speak directly with them.

The woman was very nice. We spend 3/4 of on hour talking about this and why we could not even pick an arrival group (Arrival groups will be available closer to the start of your journey. (3 weeks away isn't close enough?)

Another ticket was submitted, could not get a reference number. I asked what happens a week from now when nothing has changed, and I have not heard back from anyone, and she had no answer.

As far as I am concerned, the Pandemic is nothing compared to the bad will that this has engendered.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 6:05 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I don’t know if this is true or not but I was told by someone on the 800 number that only two people work in the medallion area. She told me that after I told her that the number I used to call has been disconnected.

I remember a story from the early days of programming and central computers.  The central computer room had a man and a dog.  The man was there to feed the dog.  The dog was there to bite the man if he tried to touch/improve anything.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2