Dear Princess: With 30 days before we sail, I am done trying to use your Medallion App.

CineGraphic

@CineGraphic I don't know if this would work but I'll hopefully not waste our time trying another workaround.  My SIL has booked onto the same cruise as me.  I was on the phone with her while she was entering her data into the app.  Two main issues were hanging her up.  She wasn't showing any green check marks in the green lane and she also couldn't get the app to accept her credit card.  While she was logged in, I also logged in to her booking at the same time.  When I logged in, I could see green check marks for her booking where she was showing none on her device.  When I tried to enter her credit card info, the app took it the first time I tried.  Her device continued to show a problem with her credit card info.

SIL was using an iPad which is about 2 years old and I was using a brand spanking new Samsung Android tablet.  SIL is now showing all green check marks now, but she had to re-boot the iPad a few times to see it.  My suggestion is that you might try entering your data using a different device, maybe use a friends new device.  (Possibly Android could be the answer if you're using Apple.)  I know you shouldn't have to do this to get their app to work, but it is what it is for now...

I hope this helps.  The problem may not be particular to any individual but rather, the app may not like whatever device(s) you are using.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Have you checked to see if your phone and/or app needs an update?  My moms phone wouldn't even load the app, but I checked for an update on her phone which she had never done.  

Several times. We tried using both iphones, and ipads, all up-to-date. This is not user error of any kind, it's simply a crap app.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

I have a cruise that doesn't even show up in my medallion!  My many attempts to contact someone who cares, or maybe even be able to fix it, are fruitless.

I thought I had one not showing also. Then I looked deeper and found the B2B was showing as a single cruise on the app even with different cabins.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

I thought I had one not showing also. Then I looked deeper and found the B2B was showing as a single cruise on the app even with different cabins.

We show the same thing for a February b2b cruise.  We are in different cabins, but it shows as one cruise on the app.

• Like 1

Just now, LACruiser88 said:

We show the same thing for a February b2b cruise.  We are in different cabins, but it shows as one cruise on the app.

Yup odd indeed, as the web site on both the personalizer and cruise history list them separately. Maybe it just means it will be the same medallion?

12 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Several times. We tried using both iphones, and ipads, all up-to-date. This is not user error of any kind, it's simply a crap app.

I have fluctuated between yellow and green lanes for the last month.  I had selected my arrival group for a cruise next week, but now that is gone.  It is the constant weird sometimes working aspect of the app that is annoying.  And it's ridiculous that this company put all their effort into such a terrible app.  It doesn't load quickly either.   

The upside to this crap app is Princess has said they will put back some of the online/website access by November.  I am very much looking forward to that. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

there is an issue with ordering medallion for one of my cruises (other bookings prior to/after that particular one have no problem with that).

i've been using Samsung, iPhone, iPad, unstalling/installing app, signing with user name/booking number - no difference for that exact booking. Multiple calls to Navigator (before toll-free number got d/c), ticket started on 09/06/21, email to ask....com - no changes seen.

it has nothing to do with user error, just a glitch somewhere in space.

I feel your pain.  I tried to down load the app found out that my Iphone6 is too "old".  I am not buying a new phone.  I tried to update info on the website, but that not longer is available.  So I wrote an email to Jan Swartz and within a week I received a call from Princess.  I told them it was very frustrating and they agreed (of course), but said that they were rolling out an online version of the app, so that we could go back to the old way - this will happen sometime in November

Our cruise is in December, so we will see if that happens, either way, we called and ordered our Medallions and we will show up at the pier, fill out any paper work there and board the ship (knock on wood).

Only problem having now is finding a testing center near us that will do the rapid test and not charge an arm and leg.  I am calling Princess later to book another cruise that will be prior to the one we have already booked.  So we will be doing a B2B, 7 day and then 4 day.

OK, for what it is worth to future cruisers, particularly in the UK, I have been having many issues with my iPhone 7 running i0S14 .  The app will not work on any iPhone running anything less than 13 and may not download at all.  After 3 stressful weeks trying to put info in for my cruise leaving next week, I had a bit of a wheeze and asked my son to download the app to his brand new iPhone 13.  Spent an hour putting info in and got green ticks all the way down and am in the Green Lane for check in.  Just the medical questionnaire to do the day before departure.  The app on my own iPhone 7 is now showing correctly and is updated and showing QR code for check -in.  The only glitch now is that it has forgotten what I put in for the Medallion wearable which shows correctly on the page but its check mark on the main screen is removed.  

John Chernesky just said on his webinar (live from the Majestic) that the web version of the check in stuff including dining reservations will be ready next month.  May be too late for you but at least they are finally recognizing that options are needed.  image.png.64670d1e8eb3f53a0d47513aa47872d1.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

John Chernesky just said on his webinar (live from the Majestic) that the web version of the check in stuff including dining reservations will be ready next month.  May be too late for you but at least they are finally recognizing that options are needed.  

This will be a great improvement.  Hopefully, it works better than the app!

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 7:42 AM, Daniel A said:

@CineGraphic I don't know if this would work but I'll hopefully not waste our time trying another workaround.  My SIL has booked onto the same cruise as me.  I was on the phone with her while she was entering her data into the app.  Two main issues were hanging her up.  She wasn't showing any green check marks in the green lane and she also couldn't get the app to accept her credit card.  While she was logged in, I also logged in to her booking at the same time.  When I logged in, I could see green check marks for her booking where she was showing none on her device.  When I tried to enter her credit card info, the app took it the first time I tried.  Her device continued to show a problem with her credit card info.

SIL was using an iPad which is about 2 years old and I was using a brand spanking new Samsung Android tablet.  SIL is now showing all green check marks now, but she had to re-boot the iPad a few times to see it.  My suggestion is that you might try entering your data using a different device, maybe use a friends new device.  (Possibly Android could be the answer if you're using Apple.)  I know you shouldn't have to do this to get their app to work, but it is what it is for now...

I hope this helps.  The problem may not be particular to any individual but rather, the app may not like whatever device(s) you are using.

I don't want to hijack the thread but wanted to ask you a question about your tablet - couldn't send a private message.  bj2757@yahoo.com if you wouldn't mind me picking your brain a bit 🙂

6 minutes ago, bjkTX said:

I don't want to hijack the thread but wanted to ask you a question about your tablet - couldn't send a private message.  bj2757@yahoo.com if you wouldn't mind me picking your brain a bit 🙂

e-mail sent

2 hours ago, barriedavis said:

OK, for what it is worth to future cruisers, particularly in the UK, I have been having many issues with my iPhone 7 running i0S14 .  The app will not work on any iPhone running anything less than 13 and may not download at all.  After 3 stressful weeks trying to put info in for my cruise leaving next week, I had a bit of a wheeze and asked my son to download the app to his brand new iPhone 13.  Spent an hour putting info in and got green ticks all the way down and am in the Green Lane for check in.  Just the medical questionnaire to do the day before departure.  The app on my own iPhone 7 is now showing correctly and is updated and showing QR code for check -in.  The only glitch now is that it has forgotten what I put in for the Medallion wearable which shows correctly on the page but its check mark on the main screen is removed.  

You  may want to update your IOS - there is now a version 15

1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

John Chernesky just said on his webinar (live from the Majestic) that the web version of the check in stuff including dining reservations will be ready next month. 

Chernesky is in Sales/Marketing, which means that all he knows about ongoing development projects is what the IT executives tell him. Considering that the IT executives didn't bother to keep top management informed about all the problems with the app, I would take any of their statements with a grain of salt. And even if it is released in November, I don't see any reason it would be any less buggy than the app.

• Like 2

I was having problems with the app even after updating.

I completely removed the app from my phone then installed it from scratch and it started working.  For some reason just updating wasn't enough.  I am using Android but it wouldn't hurt for the folks having problems using Apple to try the same thing.

1 hour ago, ProfMHC said:

Just read an article in today’s WSJ that folks aboard Branson’s Scarlet Lady are complaining loudly about his app! 

It may be wonky ... but, unlike the Princess program, it has not been actively in use for 4 years, and in development for some years prior to that.

Edited by pms4104

On 10/6/2021 at 3:18 PM, CineGraphic said:

How many times must one try to input their credit card info into your app before it's accepted?

I've probably entered my credit card (a Princess Visa no less) over 60 times with no luck.

My wife is shown as an authorized user, but it still says I need to enter my card, even though it shows as being the default card.

I've deleted the card, and deleted the app several times as well. Nothing works.

Emails and phone calls bring zero results despite promises.

Even an email sent 3 weeks ago to Collin Steinke, head of guest relations has gone unanswered.

My days of being a vocal supporter, and cheerleader for Princess are over.

How much time must we waste on an app that used to work just fine?

All I want is to be able to walk onto the ship with no delay, just as advertised.

Getting ready for a cruise is supposed to be an exciting time, not a pain in the ass.

It's time to get your act together. ("act" is the nicest word I can use here)

More ships start sailing soon, which means more guests, and more problems, so If you don't already have teams working on fixing the numerous bugs 24/7, you are simply not doing enough. This is no way to treat loyal customers, or even new customers for that matter.

When I see new cruisers say, "never again" right here on Cruise Critic, before they've even sailed, you know it's bad.

I must be in the minority then, as I have yet to have a problem with the app.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the cruisers who are having problems that are not part of an online community like Cruise Critic. For all they know, they are the only person having problems.

The phones and chat lines must be ringing off the hook.

The best advice Princess can tell folks is to just show up.

If Princess even attempts to start running ships at 100% while this nonsense is rampant, they are crazier than I originally thought.

• Like 2

I have stepped away from the Medallion app threads for a while but it appears that very little has changed in the 4+ months since Princess shutdown the web Personalizer in favor of this aptly characterized "crap app." I am running a back level version of the app from early June and it seems to work fine though there's some items I cannot complete because our next cruise is too far out and I have been waiting for positive reports about app/back-end updates to correct the issues. But after reading the posts here and in other threads recently, I doubt that I will ever update the app and just hope the web Personalizer that is supposed to come out next month actually happens as announced and works when we need to complete our check-in.

My sympathies to the OP - I know he's a long time Princess fan and treatment like this is beyond unacceptable. 

• Like 3