Coco Cay pool question

RhondaC

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

is there protocol or rules about rain/storms and if you can/must/should get back on the ship?

I was in thrill waterpark and they shut down the slides because of sighted lightning. Employees came down to base. But we could stay in the wave pool. It never did get very close. no rain. so only kind of answers your question...

However, it would be very tough to get everyone to the ship during a storm. the walk, totally exposed, is long, and I would guess, could be dangerous. Especially with wind or lightning at the pier.

5 hours ago, RhondaC said:

Are noodles allowed in the main pool? (Oasis Lagoon)

Thanks! 🙂

As far as I know they are only allowed at the beach. It will be interesting to see what the rules are since covid. I was there 2 days ago and will be there next week so I can ask.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, skagen said:

I'm going to embarrassingly say that I first thought you were talking about food noodles and was very confused with your question :).

That's hilarious!!  I didn't even think when I wrote it!  I can picture people, sitting around in the pool, all eating spaghetti..... 😄

• Haha 2

With offshore storm a few weeks ago they made everyone in ocean beyond the rocks come inside the rocks.  While they didn't clear the beach the lifeguards recommended going to the pool.  Pool wasn't cleared, but storm really didn't get close (thunder barely audible in distance).  Heavy rain did hit NCL's island.

On 10/6/2021 at 8:16 PM, luckyinpa said:

is there protocol or rules about rain/storms and if you can/must/should get back on the ship?

We were on the island a few months back when there were passing storms. When the ship's weather radar detects an incoming lightning storm, they pull the lifeguards from their stands in the water and move all of the guests out of the water (ocean and pool). But they do not "evacuate" the island. 

A couple of times, we just stayed on our beach loungers until the storm passed. 

One time, the lifeguards were telling people that the next passing storm would have high winds and heavy rain, and they suggested we move up into the buffet area,,, which we did. When the storm passed, we were back to the beach, enjoying the returning sun. 

We have been to CocoCay six times in the last two months - four times on Adventure and twice on Freedom.  I took my noodle with me everytime with no problem.  Several people wanted to know where I got the noodle and they were disappointed when I told them Walmart because they thought I had gotten it or rented it from somewhere on the island.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, homedepot124 said:

We have been to CocoCay six times in the last two months - four times on Adventure and twice on Freedom.  I took my noodle with me everytime with no problem.  Several people wanted to know where I got the noodle and they were disappointed when I told them Walmart because they thought I had gotten it or rented it from somewhere on the island.  

So........how do you transport it on the ship?  I want photos.  🙂

On 10/7/2021 at 11:41 AM, RhondaC said:

That's hilarious!!  I didn't even think when I wrote it!  I can picture people, sitting around in the pool, all eating spaghetti..... 😄

Is there a limit to the number of noodle packs you can bring on board (like the 2 bottles of wine)? Can you bring any noodles, such as ramen or spaghetti? Can you cook your noodles in the hot tub before bringing then into the pool? Do they have sauces, such as soy, spaghetti with meat, marinara, or do you need to arrange that with your steward or genie ahead of time? Are there vegetarian or gluten free options? Can you get a shot of tequila added? Will they have a "taste of Coco Cay pool noodles" excursions?

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, flamingos said:

So........how do you transport it on the ship?  I want photos.  🙂

It is the last thing I put in the suitcase.  I just make it into a giant U shape and it fits perfectly.  The two legs of the U along the front and back of the suitcase and the center of the U on the end. 

• Like 2

On 10/9/2021 at 3:20 PM, homedepot124 said:

It is the last thing I put in the suitcase.  I just make it into a giant U shape and it fits perfectly.  The two legs of the U along the front and back of the suitcase and the center of the U on the end. 

Brought along 3 noodles on our last cruise - they were the first thing I put in the large  suitcase, in the same "U" manner.