Is YC always Forward?

MonsterJoe

I have always found it curious that the higher the deck, the more the cabins cost.  A high level in a condo in an interesting city would be fine, but ocean is ocean, as far as views go.  Personally, I enjoy being low enough to the ocean that I can see the actual waves right outside my window, or a balcony on a lower rather than higher deck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I have always found it curious that the higher the deck, the more the cabins cost.  A high level in a condo in an interesting city would be fine, but ocean is ocean, as far as views go.  Personally, I enjoy being low enough to the ocean that I can see the actual waves right outside my window, or a balcony on a lower rather than higher deck.

Cove balconies on Carnival...

7 hours ago, Couple-Somerset said:

My wife had this exact problem - always felt ill during the night and into the next morning.

Turns out it was the effect of 4 bottles of champagne, countless cocktails and a few liquor coffees etc

Who'd have figured.

Pleased to say that she has found a solution to the problem now - she keeps her complaining about it to herself 😁

But, she had a good time I'd bet!  

19 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Maybe too low for a balcony is what I have wondered.  It's my understanding that if the ocean is expected to be seriously in motion that some kind of water tight door is closed to separate the cabin from the balcony.  True or not?

21 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Agree.  My favorite outside cabins (other than one with a balcony) have been on the lowest passenger deck on HAL ships.  Seeing the waves; hearing them smacking against the hull; reminds me "I'm not in Ohio anymore".  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Maybe too low for a balcony is what I have wondered.  It's my understanding that if the ocean is expected to be seriously in motion that some kind of water tight door is closed to separate the cabin from the balcony.  True or not?

I'll let you know next Sept when I sail in one 🙂

I have read on the Carnival boards, however, that this is *rarely* a problem...only in severe weather. But maybe someone who has actually sailing in one can comment further...

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 5:45 PM, hamrag said:

I cannot yet speak for Viking Ocean or Oceania, but having experienced both Yacht Club and Azamara I disagree that Azamara  exceeds or even gives the the same experience level as Yacht Club. To give one example, the MDR food in Azamara does not come close to the YC level and it's pricing is broadly similar to YC.Club in our experience, throughout the entire ship, at broadly the same price point it's Crystal.

I admit my last cruise on Azamara was in 2011 (eleven night Caribbean on the Journey).

I am sorry to hear that the cruise experience is not what we enjoyed 10 years ago.

On 10/10/2021 at 8:19 PM, alyssamma said:

Yes! Those are nice and low to the water. We were in one on Carnival Dream during Hurricane Sandy and they closed our balcony off when it started getting really rough.