What do you get for the premium liquor setup pachage?

mayleeman

Celebrity offers this for non-suite staterooms, and selecting it gives you a chance to select Glenlivet or JW Black or Grey Goose or a few other liquors, each one for $130. However, there is no explanation of what this entails.  You go straight to checkout.

Is this for a bottle you can keep throughout your cruise? 750ml or 375? There used to be the opportunity to order something in the Gifts, Wine and Spirits section, but spirits are no longer available to preorder (another X web oversight) (false advertising!).

I have never seen any mention of this in the 3+ years I have been reading this forum. Does anyone ever get it?

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me!

I don’t think anyone purchases it as there is no need with a drink pack. 

I would think that the size would be a liter as that is what most of the bottles on board are.   Could be wrong and it wouldn’t be the first time today. 

With a drink pack  pick up a drink on the way to the cabin,  need another go back to the bar and get one.   Take both cards and get 2 drinks. My wife wised up on this as I would order 2 drinks and have one at the bar.  Then order 2 more to take back and drink the other as a traveler.   Sometimes it can be a long walk back.  🤷‍♂️    She no longer lets me go by myself 😰even though I told her I am just being considerate and waiting on her.  🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Or those that want to have a few friends in for drinks before dinner.

Make new friends the easy way!

@miched I was interested because of Glenlivet. It actually would be more than upgrading to the premium package, so doing the booze shuttle would definitely work out better, as you said. (And actually better for me than you, because I can get a couple drinks for my wife, too--and she doesn't drink!)

1 minute ago, mayleeman said:

Make new friends the easy way!

@miched I was interested because of Glenlivet. It actually would be more than upgrading to the premium package, so doing the booze shuttle would definitely work out better, as you said. (And actually better for me than you, because I can get a couple drinks for my wife, too--and she doesn't drink!)

Every time I see your avatar and booze at the same time, the Happy Buzzard comes to mind.  Are you old enough to remember it?  This was, mind you, back in the day of dollar pitchers.

@canderson I don't remember too many bars at KU. With .32 beer the only option except in "private clubs," we just drank in the dorms and (after turning 21) liquor at home. Lived in Hashinger Hall my last 2 years. The fine arts crowd was not a big fb or bb party crowd. I seem to recall going to a place just outside Lawrence town limits that had peanut shells on the floor and if you bought a big schooner (@26 oz, I believe) from them you could bring it back for $1 refills. But it might have just been Louisa's downtown. 43 years since I left those bars behind...yikes!

12 hours ago, mayleeman said:

Celebrity offers this for non-suite staterooms, and selecting it gives you a chance to select Glenlivet or JW Black or Grey Goose or a few other liquors, each one for $130. However, there is no explanation of what this entails.  You go straight to checkout.

Is this for a bottle you can keep throughout your cruise? 750ml or 375? There used to be the opportunity to order something in the Gifts, Wine and Spirits section, but spirits are no longer available to preorder (another X web oversight) (false advertising!).

I have never seen any mention of this in the 3+ years I have been reading this forum. Does anyone ever get it?

Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me!

We used to book a bottle for our room before drink package days, we have always enjoyed a late at night balcony drink. If I remember correctly it was a 1litre bottle, that came with six sodas and a box of mixed nuts…Trying to remember when we last did it, perhaps 6/7 years ago.

• Thanks 1