Vaccination Card with 3rd dose booster

On 10/9/2021 at 7:22 PM, ladysail2 said:

Cruisebear…thank you for posting that information.  Can you simplify it for me to suit my situation……i received one AstraZeneca and one Pfizer vaccine shot.  When applicable, I will qualify for a booster shot, which will be a Pfizer shot.   Will I be considered fully vaccinated for cruising purposes after I receive the booster shot?  Technically, I am already fully vaccinated…but don’t meet the CDC’s rules.  

Thank you for any clarification on this.

The way I read RCCL's announcement is that IF you have had 3 shots, you have to wait until 14 days after the third (booster) shot before you sail.

You are not required to have 3 shots in order to sail.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pcur said:

The way I read RCCL's announcement is that IF you have had 3 shots, you have to wait until 14 days after the third (booster) shot before you sail.

Thank you for your answer. I know that I don’t need three shots and the last shot has to more than 14 days before sailing. I’m one of the unlucky Canadians that received two different vaccines.. So in order to be considered vaccinated, I need a second Pfizer shot to meet the CDC rules.  I live in a province that won’t provide a third shot for travel….so it looks like I’m stuck until the CDC changes its mind on mixed vaccines.  

4 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Thank you for your answer. I know that I don’t need three shots and the last shot has to more than 14 days before sailing. I’m one of the unlucky Canadians that received two different vaccines.. So in order to be considered vaccinated, I need a second Pfizer shot to meet the CDC rules.  I live in a province that won’t provide a third shot for travel….so it looks like I’m stuck until the CDC changes its mind on mixed vaccines.  

From what I have read they expect to approve those mixed doses before November 8 when the border opens more fully. I knowthat they are changing regulations as they have new data, it must be super frustrating for those in your situation and I hope they move fast with this decision  ☹️

2 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

From what I have read they expect to approve those mixed doses before November 8 when the border opens more fully. I knowthat they are changing regulations as they have new data, it must be super frustrating for those in your situation and I hope they move fast with this decision  ☹️

I hope it works out and we are free to travel once again someday. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 12:58 AM, pcur said:

I got my Booster on October 6 and we're sailing on October 31.  That is 3 1/2 weeks before the cruise -- in fact I marked my calender with a "drop dead" date of 14 days before 10-31 to get the booster or just wait until after the Cruise.  Husband got his booster in September.  I lucked out and had no reaction but husband was "wacked out for a day."  

On 10/8/2021 at 3:06 PM, rj59 said:

I'd be careful with that and just list the second dose. The card shows the 3rd dose on the back, so they can look at the port if they want and deal with the confusion. The problem with inputting the 3rd dose on the app is that it could trigger unnecessary problems, since the port people and app are probably designed to look for a 14-day space between final dose and cruise. 

I updated our check-in information on the APP and changed the date to our second doses.  I had previously put in the dates for our boosters.  I had to take pictures of our cards again.  

The booster shot is on our cards and in the uploaded pictures for RCI to check.  And as I posted previously, we both had our boosters well in advance of 14 days prior to embarkation to leave time for reactions.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

I updated our check-in information on the APP and changed the date to our second doses.  I had previously put in the dates for our boosters.  I had to take pictures of our cards again.  

The booster shot is on our cards and in the uploaded pictures for RCI to check.  And as I posted previously, we both had our boosters well in advance of 14 days prior to embarkation to leave time for reactions.  

I believe that the 2 weeks limit for the “last dose” by RCL referred to a second dose only and those getting a 3rd dose (booster) would not be penalized as it is not an expected/required dosage to be considered “vaccinated.” But like you, we moved ahead and got our 3rd dose under the lowered immunity criteria to make sure we had extra immunity for our Nov cruises since our 1st/2nd doses of Moderna are early in the year.  Thankfully most reactions are mild and last about 12 hours, but never harm in being cautious!

Agree would be great if RCL clarified this given the upcoming approvals for Moderna 3rd dose boosters to add to the existing Pfizer approval. It is causing confusion and we have enough confusion!

On 10/7/2021 at 3:34 PM, orville99 said:

We will know the answer in three days when we board Allure with three doses listed on our vaccination cards.

Answer: they are the date of your second dose. They don’t even bother asking about the third dose.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Answer: they are the date of your second dose. They don’t even bother asking about the third dose.

I think everyone agrees with you that the intent is the second dose (if a two shot series).  Where the question comes in is the actual wording from Royal Caribbean which has not been updated to reflect it as such even though the page has had many recent updates. 

Some cards list 1st & 2nd dose and booster, while others list 1st, 2nd and 3rd dose.  Again while NOT the intent, as listed, the 3rd dose would be the final does.

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. We will continually evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve.

40 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I think everyone agrees with you that the intent is the second dose (if a two shot series).  Where the question comes in is the actual wording from Royal Caribbean which has not been updated to reflect it as such even though the page has had many recent updates. 

Some cards list 1st & 2nd dose and booster, while others list 1st, 2nd and 3rd dose.  Again while NOT the intent, as listed, the 3rd dose would be the final does.

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of COVID-19 vaccination, with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. We will continually evaluate these requirements and make updates as local public health standards evolve.

They definitely need to clarify now that boosters are available. Given the importance, it is surprising to me they haven’t as yet (you know they must be getting inquires on the issue).

Edited by AlohaLivin

19 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

I believe that the 2 weeks limit for the “last dose” by RCL referred to a second dose only and those getting a 3rd dose (booster) would not be penalized as it is not an expected/required dosage to be considered “vaccinated.” But like you, we moved ahead and got our 3rd dose under the lowered immunity criteria to make sure we had extra immunity for our Nov cruises since our 1st/2nd doses of Moderna are early in the year.  Thankfully most reactions are mild and last about 12 hours, but never harm in being cautious!

Agree would be great if RCL clarified this given the upcoming approvals for Moderna 3rd dose boosters to add to the existing Pfizer approval. It is causing confusion and we have enough confusion!

i agree about the need for clarification.  however, the person checking passengers in a the RCI terminal can clearly see the booster shot on the CDC or other government card.  Also, the indication for the booster is visible on the picture of the card that is uploaded.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

i agree about the need for clarification.  however, the person checking passengers in a the RCI terminal can clearly see the booster shot on the CDC or other government card.  Also, the indication for the booster is visible on the picture of the card that is uploaded.  

I completely agree. I had mentioned in another post that the card was uploaded and they could see the doses.  People are concerned about the wording of “final” and while I can understand it I think that if someone has had 2 doses (that one being two weeks prior to sailing) or 3 (at any point) there will be no issues. 😊 

On 10/17/2021 at 2:29 PM, SherriZ366 said:

The bottom line is that the second dose completes the required series. Our booster doses were on the card; the card was uploaded into their system; and when we arrived at the port they examined the card and typed in the date of the second dose. Some people just can't accept that the simple answer is often the right answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got our boosters yesterday, 18 days before we cruise.  It won’t matter, but I am somewhat pleased that the first and second doses are on the front of the card, and the booster is on the back.  I am going to use the date of the second dose, not mention the booster, and I don’t think anyone will turn the card over to even see it.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 10:53 PM, Grandma Petania said:

Has anyone been able to get the Moderna booster?  I got my 1st two shots in February and March.  I am 82 years old with type II diabetes.  I made an appointment for the Moderna booster, but when I got to the pharmacy, I was informed that I won't be eligible until the CDC approves the Moderna Booster.  This wasn't addressed during the lengthy online check-in that included all my insurance information.  Pharmacist said the Moderna "3rd Shot" is available only for those who had organ transplants, etc., and I am "too healthy".  🙃

The CDC has approved Moderna boosters for folks 65 and older, so you are good to go!  Here is the link:  https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p1021-covid-booster.html

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 10:53 PM, Grandma Petania said:

Has anyone been able to get the Moderna booster?  I got my 1st two shots in February and March.  I am 82 years old with type II diabetes.  I made an appointment for the Moderna booster, but when I got to the pharmacy, I was informed that I won't be eligible until the CDC approves the Moderna Booster.  This wasn't addressed during the lengthy online check-in that included all my insurance information.  Pharmacist said the Moderna "3rd Shot" is available only for those who had organ transplants, etc., and I am "too healthy".  🙃

We got our Moderna boosters in September. DW is 67 and I am 73. I have CHD and she has an immune disease.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

We got our Moderna boosters in September. DW is 67 and I am 73. I have CHD and she has an immune disease.

Moderna Booster became available here two days ago.  I was able to grab an appointment that same day.  I am 81, and didn't need to provide any other reason, though I have diabetes.

On 10/7/2021 at 4:54 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

The wording isn’t tricky at all. You are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after your second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or the first dose of J&J. 
Why are we trying to over complicate this?

Because this is Cruise Critic and it is what we do here.

• Haha 3